Region III Championship, AK

Just wondering on the boys side how our Tennessee Teams will do at Region III Championships?

Here are the teams:

U14B - Express 92 Chattanooga Coach Dean Wilson

U15B - KFC Liverpool Knoxville Coach Scott Muir

U16B - KFC Arsenal Knoxville Coach Kyle McCoy

U17B - Diadora Impact Knoxville Coach Mike McLean

U18B - TNFC 88 Boys Blue Franklin Coach Sandy Pollock

Edited by BlackmanSoccerDad

Just wondering on the boys side how our Tennessee Teams will do at Region III Championships?

Here are the teams:

4 out of the 5 from East TN? Just an observation, not trying to start anything. I saw all of these teams play at the State Tournament in Memphis and this is how I see them doing.

Express 92 - Got a pretty good draw playing the State Champs of AL, NTX, and MS. I think they will be 2nd in their group and lose in the quarters

KFC Liverpool - Also got a decent draw have to face Champions of STX, LA, and AL. They will get out of their group and don't be surprised if the win their group. However I don't think they can beat any of the teams in the group they play in the quarters. I believe they will also lose in the quarters

KFC Arsenal - Not such a good draw. They will square off against FLA, Premier League West Champions, and Premier League North Champions. Not to discredit the Arsenal, but I don't think they will win a game. They might pull of a tie against the PL North team, but I don't see them getting out of the group.

Diadora Impact - They will have to play the Champions of FLA, STX, and MS. I think it's a 50/50 chance of them getting out of their group. I don't see them beating STX, but I think they will beat MS. It will all come down to the FLA game. They have a shot but I will have to say they won't get out of the group.

TNFC 88 - They face the Finalists of NC, and Champions of MS and SC. I think they will win their group and go on to win in the quarterfinals also. I see them losing in the semi's. I know they are a great team, but they just don't seem as dominate this year only beating the Stars 1-0 on a pk in state.

So, I have 3 out of the 5 teams making it out of their group with one making the semi-finals. Maybe I am being a little overly optimistic but hopefully all of the teams can play to their potential and put TN on the map. Good Luck

Edited by bballplaya24

Here are the teams:

ive only seen two of those teams play. i think that kfc liverpool will make it out of their group. whether they win their group or not, well thats 50/50 between STX. i think they'll have a tough time in the quarters b/c i see CESA from SC moving on and they are a heck of a team.

as for tnfc 88, they might have not looked as dominant but im sure they'll find a way to piece it all together for regionals. they have a great coach and great players. i see them making it back to the finals and from there idk, possibly win it all.

Germantown 89 has a very good shot of making it out of their group and TNFC 88 should make it out of their group. How far they go from there will take some luck and a great team effort.

KFC Arsenal has the hardest draw, but they are playing some good soccer and have a lot of momentum after their big win at state.

KFC Liverpool has a good draw, but will be missing some key players for regionals. Hopefully I can talk their parents into letting them go. I would like to get to Monday and show some of those teams we are not the same team they played in the fall.

89 Impact has a decent shot of getting out of their draw, but I also believe it will come down to the FLA game and maybe even goal differential. Pack it in tight against the Houstonians and play some defense.

The 92 Express has some talented kids all over the field and should be able to find the back of the net. I would look for them to get out of their group and do some damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the teams:

Good list..one question BSD, where is the TNFC 90. I heard they would advance because they won their premier lg. Did they not qualify? Any info would be appreciated.

Good list..one question BSD, where is the TNFC 90. I heard they would advance because they won their premier lg. Did they not qualify? Any info would be appreciated.

they lost their last 2 games

i talked to a parent last weekend at the odp mini-camp and he said the team came flat during the state final