Fall of 2006 marching shows

nrgrizzlies

so. What are all those bands out there working on?

Any cool concepts?

I thought Oakland's "Rhapsody in Blue" and Lavergne's "Edward Scissorhands" shows were a couple of the better last fall.

I enjoyed the classic rock shows, but so many bands have already done those.

Blackman is especially good at classic rock songs but Brighton from West TN did Kashmir and Black Dog (Led Zep), E.L.P., Yes, etc. - it was kick @55!!!

Concept shows fare better at competitions if I recall correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

well over here at OHS were doing a show that doesnt have a name yet :). the opener/closer is ghost train and the ballad is called light in the window. the show is awesome and goin to rock pretty heavy!! plus ill be head DM!!!!

my cousin goes to Lavergne and he told me that yall are doing a nightmare before chrismas show??? i cant wait to see that i think itll be awesome. i think myour director is a elfman freak lol. cant wait to see your show!

I'm not in the band, just a local person. (actually NEVER did march - played rock, blues, jazz on guitar and bass for many years)

Oakland's marching show was so good last year in my opinion, but what happened to that jazz band set in the town square at Murf. that day? It was on ch. 10 on cable the other day along with all the other h.s. jazz bands and it sounded as if they (OHS jazz band) hadn't rehearsed much or something?? Is jazz band something they don't put much emphasis on? Not trying to diss any musicians ever - just sounded like they needed to rehearse more and get the guitar players to tune their instruments.

Again, not a put down - just constructive advice from a former musician.

Looking forward to seeing another great halftime show from your band. :)

Edited by nrgrizzlies

not a band kid ok gotcha!! thanks for the input on the froum though! as for the jazz band wow it was a rough night. im not sire what was up with them. they had a concert the night before and they sounded 100 times better. i think they must have a party that night and played wayyy to much xbox. as for the marching show i hope it rocks!!!! the music is really awesome and i think that this is going to be agreat season!!! band starts in exactly a week so i suppose well know soon enough how its goning to be!!!

• 2 months later...

well over here at OHS were doing a show that doesnt have a name yet :rolleyes:. the opener/closer is ghost train and the ballad is called light in the window. the show is awesome and goin to rock pretty heavy!! plus ill be head DM!!!!

my cousin goes to Lavergne and he told me that yall are doing a nightmare before chrismas show??? i cant wait to see that i think itll be awesome. i think myour director is a elfman freak lol. cant wait to see your show!

Ghost Train is an Awesome piece. We played it at govoners Schools this last year (2006). I hope That i get to her you guys this year. Too bad my band isn't going back to travelers rest to competethis year.

Edited by mrman04

At Cloudland we're doing a Mountain Music theme. It includes:

She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain

Hee Haw Theme/Gloom, Despair

Pfft, You Were Gone

Hee Haw Theme Again

Foggy Mountain Break Down

Mountain Music Medley

It's a pretty good show, not as good as last years "A Western Montague", but it is still a good entertaining show. We'll be at Greenville's Band Classic this upcoming Saturday. Hope to see you there!

I like WB's band performance this year...it's a salute to America and at one point of the show, the flag corps re-enacts the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima...really cool IMO especially with the movie coming out this year...

OR also has a great show...

Thanks! We appreciate the kudos. I'll be sure to pass this along to the rest of the band.

My favorite part of this year's show is our Taps charts. We kneel, and do a salute along with other respects.