Tennessee Non-Conference

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few names to drop for upcoming opponents for the Vols....

2006-vs Cal

2007-at Cal

2010-vs Oregon

2011-at North Carolina

2012-vs North Carolina

2013-at Oregon

2014-at Oklahoma*

2015--vs Oklahoma*

2016-at Nebraska

2017-vs Nebraska

*-We'll have to see about the Sooners,they already cancelled one other time...

ACcording to this article the Oklahoma series is already signed to a contract. There is the chance for some great classic type games coming up also games with NC State in the next couple of years as well as UCLA again I think around 2009-10.

Link: Vols Sign Two-Game Football Series Against Nebraska

ACcording to this article the Oklahoma series is already signed to a contract. There is the chance for some great classic type games coming up also games with NC State in the next couple of years as well as UCLA again I think around 2009-10.

Link: Vols Sign Two-Game Football Series Against Nebraska

UT and Oklahoma had agreed to play each other a few years back and the Sooners backed out.....They are signed to play again...What I meant was,we'll see if the Sooners back out again.....I doubt UT would play Oregon and UCLA in the same season...I'm not sure the non-conference games UT plays in 2008-2009.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've already informed the wife that I had plans for Sept 9-11, 2016 and not to plan anything. :rolleyes:

I told my wife that last year about the Rose Bowl, but we see that it didn't turn out that way for vol fans. I still could have seen a great game, but it just wasn't the right orange and white for me.

• 2 weeks later...

This is by far and away the toughest opening game that UT has scheduled in several years! I fully expect UT to be and underdog going into the game, but in saying that, how much of a culture shock will it be to Cal playing in the south with the loudest fans in the country in your ear? I expect the UT fans to play a role in this game! :lol:

Guest dare_2_dream

This is by far and away the toughest opening game that UT has scheduled in several years! I fully expect UT to be and underdog going into the game, but in saying that, how much of a culture shock will it be to Cal playing in the south with the loudest fans in the country in your ear? I expect the UT fans to play a role in this game! B)

.. The loudest fans in the country? You cant be serious .. And let me guess, Phil is the best coach in the country and the team is the best in the country too right? .. Vol fans arent even the loudest in the SEC so how could they be the loudest in the country?

Edited by dare_2_dream

.. The loudest fans in the country? You cant be serious .. And let me guess, Phil is the best coach in the country and the team is the best in the country too right? .. Vol fans arent even the loudest in the SEC so how could they be the loudest in the country?

So I guess you are going to tell me the Swamp is? Fiirst question, have you been to a game at Neyland or the Swamp?