Tennessee Non-Conference

I think the swamp actually is the loudest, but Neyland is by far the best of the stadiums. Not only is it bigger, but the upper deck at Death Valley is like a mile from the field. At Neyland even the upper deck is a good seat. Not at LSU you need binoculars to see that they are even playing football. Also I heard LSU absolutely silent last year in OT against UT. It depends on the game, but the swamp probably gets the loudest because of those big ugly concrete walls around it. Neither can compare to Neyland as a stadium though.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

I think the swamp actually is the loudest, but Neyland is by far the best of the stadiums. Not only is it bigger, but the upper deck at Death Valley is like a mile from the field. At Neyland even the upper deck is a good seat. Not at LSU you need binoculars to see that they are even playing football. Also I heard LSU absolutely silent last year in OT against UT. It depends on the game, but the swamp probably gets the loudest because of those big ugly concrete walls around it. Neither can compare to Neyland as a stadium though.

how dare one call the swamp ugly .. but thanks for realizing its louder than neyland ..

1. were you at the tenn game last year (it was loud during and after OT with all the ppl throwing stuff and cursing out les miles

2. upper deck LSU is not a bad seat... clear lines

3. "neither can compare to neyland as a stadium though"... it is big and looks like a toilet bowl... good job by yall

• 2 weeks later...

According to Rivals, the list goes as follows:

1. Lane Stadium VA Tech

2. Tiger Stadium LSU

3. Ohio Stadium Ohio State University

4. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Florida

5. Beaver Stadium Penn State

.. Neyland doesnt crack the top 5 or even the top 10?

That may be true, but the last time Sports Illustrated put out their, "Ultimate Football Weekend" list TENNESSEE was #1. It measured on things like, atmosphere, tailgating, student section, winning tradition, and such.

I'm sorry, no matter how hard the UT fans wish, Neyland just can't get as loud as The Swamp or Death Valley.

I've been to all three stadiums in question, and I'd have to say that it goes:

1. The Swamp

2. Rocky Top

3. Death Valley

I've been to Neyland numerous times and went to the other two last year. The Swamp is crazy, even the 80 year old grannies get into the game. I went to the Rally in the Valley last year and to say that it gets louder there than Rocky Top is a joke. Supposedly that was the largest ever crowd at Tiger Stadium, according to the announcer, and less than 300 Tennessee fans were there, but it never got louder than say UT-Florida '04. That place was filled to the brim with Tiger fans that went dead in the mid 3rd-OT. "We're not worthy" ended with Gerald Riggs bustin' a 30 yard scamper in the 3rd.

Guest dare_2_dream

That may be true, but the last time Sports Illustrated put out their, "Ultimate Football Weekend" list TENNESSEE was #1. It measured on things like, atmosphere, tailgating, student section, winning tradition, and such.

I've been to all three stadiums in question, and I'd have to say that it goes:

1. The Swamp

2. Rocky Top

3. Death Valley

I've been to Neyland numerous times and went to the other two last year. The Swamp is crazy, even the 80 year old grannies get into the game. I went to the Rally in the Valley last year and to say that it gets louder there than Rocky Top is a joke. Supposedly that was the largest ever crowd at Tiger Stadium, according to the announcer, and less than 300 Tennessee fans were there, but it never got louder than say UT-Florida '04. That place was filled to the brim with Tiger fans that went dead in the mid 3rd-OT. "We're not worthy" ended with Gerald Riggs bustin' a 30 yard scamper in the 3rd.

80 year old grannies get crunk!!

1. Lane Stadium VA Tech

2. Tiger Stadium LSU

Well, Geez, Rivals is the GOD of College football!! dare 2 be stupid, why don't you pick a team to ba a fan of, and cheer them on, your Tennessee bashing is growing old. Get a life, get a clue, and move on!

Guest dare_2_dream

Well, Geez, Rivals is the GOD of College football!! dare 2 be stupid, why don't you pick a team to ba a fan of, and cheer them on, your Tennessee bashing is growing old. Get a life, get a clue, and move on!

:D .. i see im getting on someone's nerves. mission accomplished. not everyone is going to love your little vols, hate to burst your bubble. :o

:D .. i see im getting on someone's nerves. mission accomplished. not everyone is going to love your little vols, hate to burst your bubble. :o

Mission accomplished??? Is that your goal in life??? Your post say it all!! Get a life!!

I could care less who is or is not a fan of UT or any school for that matter, Why do you spend so much time and effort with negative post?? Because your a negative person, do you have any friends, male or female, I doubt it! Negative people S**K

Edited by catback

1. Lane Stadium VA Tech

2. Tiger Stadium LSU

Neyland is in the Top 5 of this one...

http://www.americasbestonline.net/cstadiums.htm

Guest dare_2_dream

Mission accomplished??? Is that your goal in life??? Your post say it all!! Get a life!!

I could care less who is or is not a fan of UT or any school for that matter, Why do you spend so much time and effort with negative post?? Because your a negative person, do you have any friends, male or female, I doubt it! Negative people S**K

I have plenty of friends, more than you would think. I just hate UT and people who think UT invented football, such as yourself. There is football outside of Neyland Stadium, but you dont see it that way.