Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville will have to get by teams like Central,Powell,Knox West,MOWest,Cleveland,Red Bank,Sulivan South and Rhea County before they can even think about Murfreesboro.

I hate to bring this up. Maryville has a great shot of going to Murfreesboro. But! They won't have the depth that they enjoyed in 2002 and 2004. Maryville overcame key injuries in 2002 and still won state. That team was so loaded. Any key injuries to this team will be devastating.

you left out the clinton dragons there rabbleron!

Well, it's 58 days away ... the "clash of the Titans" ... Maryville vs Alcoa. Game is at Maryville this year. Last year, many thought Alcoa had a chance, but Tornadoes read too many of their own press clippings and ran into a buzz saw. This year, Alcoa is still loaded, under new head coaching and who knows? Maybe Maryville comes in a little overconfident, not taking quite as seriously or feeling quite as "challenged" as they felt last year.

Who thinks Maryville wins in a landslide?

Who thinks Alcoa pulls the stunner?

Who thinks it could be a close game that comes down to the fourth quarter?

Just trying to keep the boards interesting here in the dog days of summer. I'm tired of the Maryville and 5A thread.

:thumb::lol::lol::lol::D

maryville WILL BLOW THEM AWAY game will be over by halftime 35-0

Maryville has many small college prospects every year, some go on to play and some choose not to. They normally have a D1 size kid or two, but not a hot bed of bigtime college talent.

This year I don't see Maryville as big as years past except for a few. I think the Douglas kid will be a top D1 Prospect by the middle to end of this his jr year.

Maryville is again a very solid HS football team that continues to be in position to win state championships with hard working average kids becomming great HS football players playing team football.

Makes sense. I guess thats why they dropped Wm Blount & Heritage and picked-up McCallie and Fulton. duh

Theres a correction there...Alcoa CAN play with Maryville when the team has everything they need to win (Talent, Coaching, HEART)....Most Alcoa teams can play with anyone in the state....and on the correction WB and Heritage DROPPED Alcoa because it killed their kids self esteem to lose to "just a 2a school"

This game this year wont be as big of a blowout as everyone expects. One thing that had hurt Alcoa (as well as MANY teams) the past few years is Coaching. GQ is a GREAT coach and hes out coached his way to many wins. Rankin is a very good coach as well. Im sure he will have some things up his sleeve. It is a home game for Maryville but remember the last time Alcoa won was at maryville when nobody expected them to, with a new first year coach! Randell Cobb will also be a big key to this game heres my predictions!

1st Quarter

Maryville-0

Alcoa -0

2nd Quarter

Maryville-10

Alcoa -7

3rd Quarter

Maryville-17

Alcoa -13

4th Quarter

Maryville-20

Alcoa -21 FINAL!