Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

I'm not making a prediction on the game, but I personally think Maryville will win, I just hoe we don't get killed. I'm not trashing my beloved Tornadoes, heck I still think we'll win state, but it seems like every year we find an excuse that leads to us getting big heads and thinking we'll beat Maryville.

As long as Maryville has Quarles, and Ellis for that matter, I don't think we'll ever beat Maryville. Hopefully the hiring of Rankin will maybe keep it respectable, and I think it might. Heck, I've heard Maryville players tell me that they knew what we were running last year right when we went into formation; why's that??? Because Coach Reid only ran like 5 plays. Coach Rankin is a lot better of a coach than Reid, maybe he'll have something that can slow Maryville down a little.

Maryville 35

Alcoa 19

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love it! You are right...Alcoa will be unbeatable again this year with all that tallent and great coaching. Again...as in every year, there is no reason for Maryville to show up.... :thumb:

I never said Alcoa was unbeatable, and i never said maryville shouldnt and wouldnt show up. The title of this thread Is who I think will win the game and thats exactly what i posted. I was on a team that beat the great 9time state champions Maryville, I know what it takes to do it. Maryville is a great team as is alcoa. But if alcoa only comes to the table with 2 of 3 the above mentioned things (talent, coaching and HEART) they wont win! Period!

You left out depth. It will be a much bigger issue this year.....especially in the line where Alcoa lost alot and have very few capable or replacing the experience they had last year. Maryville will have the advantage on experience and talent this year.

I think you are right 74.....Alcoa wins easily. :thumb::lol:

Don't be such a butt MLREB.............74 is entitled to his/her opinion........just because someone thinks their team going to win, you do not need to "rub their nose in it".

How about you act with the same class as GQ, the Maryville program and a true Maryville spokesman......REBELRON! :lol:

-BlountCountySportsFan

Don't be such a butt MLREB.............74 is entitled to his/her opinion........just because someone thinks their team going to win, you do not need to "rub their nose in it".

How about you act with the same class as GQ, the Maryville program and a true Maryville spokesman......REBELRON! :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

It's his true nature. He can't help it. Typical Maryville snob!

Yet "Rebelsman" is an Alcoa grad..... :thumb:

While we are on the subject of Alcoa grads can someone tell us what is going on at Alcoa? W know how Rebelsman got out and has substained (prayer is powerful) but what is the deal with Lindsey not even close on grades, heard this weekend that Rae Rae has virtually zero chance and yet he is not even in his senior year, Brandon Warren was most likely not going to make it into Florida State, and that Feigler either barely made it or may be close....AT UT Chattanooga!!! That is only the advertised ones and lord knows what is going on with the others. Has Alcoa turned into a football/basketball factory that cares less about the kids unless it's football or basketball related? It sure appears that way from an outsider....

I have know Rae Rae for years and he is a good kid. I hope he sees the light before it's too late. Maybe a coach or somebody can light a fire under his butt......

I may not know the true definition of classless, but, your post reflects no class. To get on here and name the name of KIDS who are having grade problems, IMO, is classless, yet you seem to being enjoying yourself!

Hey catback.............since this has been posted in the past and a topic of discussion..and its already been advertised by newpapers that Duck wasn't close and will go to a junior college...BW may not make into Florida State....Feigler was close and.....Rae Rae has very little chance...what is classless about it. It has been covered in the local and national media.

Tell why it's classless Catback!!

Oh....yep..this statement shows I enjoy it Catback.....

I have known Rae Rae for years and he is a good kid. I hope he sees the light before it's too late. Maybe a coach or somebody can light a fire under his butt......

Just stupid.....

CoachT.....if this is out of line then please feel free to delete it.

Tell why it's classless Catback!!

Because you could have made your point without calling out the KIDS by name, just MO. And the "Just stupid..." remark. :thumb:

If you look at my original post, I said I found your post to be classless, maybe that was too harsh, maybe I should have said politicaly correct, either way I still feel the same, I have always felt that kids should not be embarassed here on CoachT, even if this information has been in print elsewhere.

Edited by catback

Sticking just to the game, I think the addition of Ranken should stop Alcoa from being embarrased. Other than that Alcoa can not play with Maryville. 74 said he knew what it took to beat Maryville. I do too. The way a team beats Maryville is Maryville turns the ball over 6 or 8 times and that is what happended the last time Alcoa won this game.

The only team to really beat a GQ coached team was vs. Heritage at Maryville back in 2000. 28-Zip! Heritage really laid the wood on Maryville that game and NO team has come close since then. Losing because of a fumble or by a field goal is a victory for the other team, but really beating Maryville is something that won't happen this year.

Maryville again destroy's a again over-rated Alcoa team by 24 points till GQ calls the dogs off.

Sorry boys but that is my opinion.

Many will be surprised at just how loaded Maryville is this year.....especially on the offensive side of the ball. I've watched Maryville for many years and this may possibly be the best offense they have trotted out. Defense will have a few holes to fill on the line and and maybe lack good depth in that area but possibly the best pair of LB's in years and an outstanding and deep defensive backfield will suit up for the red and black. Nobody in their district will hang this year and it may be the forth round or the championship game before they see competition. Middle and or West Tennessee will always send good strong athletic teams so all bets are off in Murfreesboro. The one difference virtually every year in the championship game is coaching.