Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

I'm not gonna talk this year, but I will say that I can't wait to see my God brother lead this Alcoa team. He's been waiting for two years and it is his time to show what he can do. Good luck to both teams.

Why would you not talk this year?....what is the difference in this year versus every other year? I have known Randal since he was seven. Randal will do just fine. I am hearing that he is still having trouble recovering from his torn hammy. I was told it may be more mental than physical. It's hard to imagine how bad a blown out hammy hurts unless you have been there. Randal needs to trust his bodies healing ability and just let it go.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at my original post, I said I found your post to be classless, maybe that was too harsh, maybe I should have said politicaly correct, either way I still feel the same, I have always felt that kids should not be embarassed here on CoachT, even if this information has been in print elsewhere.

I'm so glad we finally have a " Class Policeman " on this board ! I look forward to seeing you give Ole dad a ticket the next time he trashes Maryville ! :lol:

I'm so glad we finally have a " Class Policeman " on this board ! I look forward to seeing you give Ole dad a ticket the next time he trashes Maryville ! :lol:

Talking trash about another school and embarrassing a kid by name on CoachT, are two different things. If you look at my posts about Maryville, you'll see I'm not a Maryville basher. Let it go, and lets all move on.

Edited by catback

Talking trash about another school and embarrassing a kid by name on CoachT, are two different things. If you look at my posts about Maryville, you'll see I'm not a Maryville basher. Let it go, and lets all move on.

So you have no problem with Ole dad calling George Quarles , the Maryville football team , or the entire Maryville community Cowards and cheaters ? Calling someone classless while ignoring one of your own being classless seems awfully selective .

So you have no problem with Ole dad calling George Quarles , the Maryville football team , or the entire Maryville community Cowards and cheaters ? Calling someone classless while ignoring one of your own being classless seems awfully selective .

Ole Dad, is not 'one of my own", and if you look at my post I don't agree with his assesstment of Maryvilles program as a whole. According to your logic, you can post anything you want, because of Ole Dads post concerning Maryville, my reply to this whole thing had nothing to do with Maryville. Again, Let it go! Why don't we just let this thread get back on subject.

Edited by catback

Why would you not talk this year?....what is the difference in this year versus every other year? I have known Randal since he was seven. Randal will do just fine. I am hearing that he is still having trouble recovering from his torn hammy. I was told it may be more mental than physical. It's hard to imagine how bad a blown out hammy hurts unless you have been there. Randal needs to trust his bodies healing ability and just let it go.

I'm not talking because last year HURT bad!! I'm not even talking about Alcoa losing the game to Maryville, I'm talking about the heart they showed out there!! Besides that, Randall's hammy is getting much better. He's put on some weight and should be ready!

Ole Dad, is not 'one of my own", and if you look at my post I don't agree with his assesstment of Maryvilles program as a whole. According to your logic, you can post anything you want, because of Ole Dads post concerning Maryville, my reply to this whole thing had nothing to do with Maryville. Again, Let it go! Why don't we just let this thread get back on subject.

Yes sir officer ! :)

Sticking just to the game, I think the addition of Ranken should stop Alcoa from being embarrased. Other than that Alcoa can not play with Maryville. 74 said he knew what it took to beat Maryville. I do too. The way a team beats Maryville is Maryville turns the ball over 6 or 8 times and that is what happended the last time Alcoa won this game.

The only team to really beat a GQ coached team was vs. Heritage at Maryville back in 2000. 28-Zip! Heritage really laid the wood on Maryville that game and NO team has come close since then. Losing because of a fumble or by a field goal is a victory for the other team, but really beating Maryville is something that won't happen this year.

Maryville again destroy's a again over-rated Alcoa team by 24 points till GQ calls the dogs off.

Sorry boys but that is my opinion.

Here you go again FB! I was on that team that Beat Maryville in 2000. turnovers are part of the game and we had a few ourselves. The way to beat the Rebs or even keep the game close is to play with HEART!! We didn't lie down when they scored first, we answered!! We shut their offense down just like they shut ours down!! It came down to one play and we wanted it more!! :thumb:

Here you go again FB! I was on that team that Beat Maryville in 2000. turnovers are part of the game and we had a few ourselves. The way to beat the Rebs or even keep the game close is to play with HEART!! We didn't lie down when they scored first, we answered!! We shut their offense down just like they shut ours down!! It came down to one play and we wanted it more!! :thumb:

Yes, you are right heart is huge and I see you are still enjoying the win! The win will have to hold you for awhile. Maryville is not a team that turns the ball over much and during that game, Maryville turned it over 7-8 times I think it was, I'll have to check my records to be sure. The one costly turnover in question was within Maryville's red zone as well. None-the-less the Alcoa Tornados won that game, and deserved it. Congratz!

Best way to explain it is, Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while!