Ky/Tn Game results

cobracoach

We have just completed our first All-Star with Kentucky and it went great. The weather was perfect for the games the hospitality was even better. All of the girls from both sides had a great time. The girls from both teams had a delicious meal furnished by the Kentucky Coaches Association from Ryan’s Steakhouse. The girls from Kentucky gave our players pins with the date and team names on them. The Tennessee player gave the Kentucky players a tee shirt with both of the team’s names on the back. The field was in excellent condition with an estimate of 275-300 fans at the game. All of the players today will never forget being the first group of girls to participate in this series. Both coaches associations have already started to make plans for the game next year which will be played in Tennessee. There were several college coaches present and two girls were offered scholarships to continue to play next year in college. Speaking for the MTSCA we want to say thank you to the Kentucky Softball Association for putting on a great event today. I almost forgot to tell you that the Tennessee All Stars won both games the first won by a score of 3-1 and the second by a score of 3-0! What a great way for these seniors to finish their high school careers and Thank You seniors for representing your state in such a great way. .Kaheeka Lyons won the Home Run hitting contest for Tennessee and Megan Williams was voted the MVP for the Tennessee All-Stars. GREAT JOB LADIES!! Seniors you have now place a goal for next years seniors to do and that is to keep that batting helmet in Tennessee for years to come. Thanks again!

We should have pictures on Coacht in the next couple of days.

Edited by cobracoach

great job by both teams

pitching and great defense was the big key for the Tennessee team giving up only 1 run in two games.

The Tennessee team had a few more chances to score, but were overly aggressive on the base paths, but they looked like they were the superior team today

Great Job Tennessee

Edited by Guru

Wow, what a great day of Softball for Tennessee and the MTSCA. The girls played great and had a wonderful time. Kentucky really put on a class event. The girls really enjoyed putting on an Orange and White Tennessee uniform and making the State of Tennessee proud. You could see as the day went on, the pride of their state coming out. And what an opportunity to play in a game like this. It made all of us Tennesseeans proud when the girls chanted TENNESSEE at the end of the 2nd win. All of the young ladies from both teams showed a lot of class and what great athletes they are. Thank you ladies and coaches, and also thanks to Kentucky Coaches Assoc. and the MTSCA for putting on this great event. A special thanks to the parents also for supporting the event, I think they enjoyed it most of all. Anyone out there who has any influence with TV or newspapers, let them know they missed a great opportunity for a great story,( and I know they were contacted ), maybe someday they will understand this is the fasted growing sport in the country right now. But again, what a great day for High School Softball in Tennessee, Thanks!!!

Wow, what a great day of Softball for Tennessee and the MTSCA. The girls played great and had a wonderful time. Kentucky really put on a class event. The girls really enjoyed putting on an Orange and White Tennessee uniform and making the State of Tennessee proud. You could see as the day went on, the pride of their state coming out. And what an opportunity to play in a game like this. It made all of us Tennesseeans proud when the girls chanted TENNESSEE at the end of the 2nd win. All of the young ladies from both teams showed a lot of class and what great athletes they are. Thank you ladies and coaches, and also thanks to Kentucky Coaches Assoc. and the MTSCA for putting on this great event. A special thanks to the parents also for supporting the event, I think they enjoyed it most of all. Anyone out there who has any influence with TV or newspapers, let them know they missed a great opportunity for a great story,( and I know they were contacted ), maybe someday they will understand this is the fasted growing sport in the country right now. But again, what a great day for High School Softball in Tennessee, Thanks!!!

I thought that was soccer?

And didn't the MTSCA game have several media outlets there...

The North - South All Star game held at Columbia State a couple of weeks ago had some local and state coverage at that event, but the one held in Bowling Green, KY had very little coverage from Tennessee except what some local coaches called in. This was one of the best events I have seen in a long time and we didn't the coverage I would have expected from this type of event, but it was in KY. The TV stations in Ky were there and they had a good amount of coverage there. Maybe next year when it's in Tennessee we will get more. There were a few college coaches there, I saw Vol State and Austin Peay, and I think Western KY, maybe more that I missed. Anyway it was a great event, I look forward to next year.

• 2 weeks later...