2006 Schedules & Rosters

CoachT

You can now enter schedules and/or rosters. Do NOT enter any scrimmages or jamborees! We only want games that count in your school's record.

Please follow the following directions closely:

HOW TO ADD SCHEDULES

To add a schedule, go to the Inside page for your team and click "Schedule/Results." There is a link on that page called "Add Games." This will launch a popup window with the "Adding Game" form. If you use a popup blocker, you may have to disable it temporarily to add games.

IMPORTANT NOTES

- The games you add will not appear on the website until they are previewed by site operators.

- In order to save time, add only those games that do not already appear on the schedule.

- Use the drop-down menu for all games against in-state opponents. If the school is in the list, do not type it in.

- If the game is a region or district game, be sure to check the appropriate box.

- The doubleheader checkbox allows you to add more than one game for the same school on that calendar day. It does NOT enter two games/matches but does allow you to go back and enter a 2nd game on that date.

Finally: Until you're very familiar with the form, be sure to look over it before you submit it each time to avoid mistakes.

Once you have finished adding the schedule, close the popup window. Your entry will appear on the website once CoachT validates your submission.

HOW TO ADD ROSTERS

To add a roster, go to the Inside page for your team and click "Roster." Add the players. You must include information in every field except weight. That is optional.

To add schedules and rosters, find your school's team Inside CoachT.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The TSSAA web site now has the section on volleyball schedules activated. So far very few schools have submitted their schedules yet. One notable exception is East Ridge which has been submitted. There are some other schools as well so you might want to click over there from time to time for updates.

Here is the direct link for the East Ridge schedule:

http://www.tssaa.org/schedules/doschedules...AA%20Volleyball

Edited by PageMan

The TSSAA web site now has the section on volleyball schedules activated. So far very few schools have submitted their schedules yet. One notable exception is East Ridge which has been submitted. There are some other schools as well so you might want to click over there from time to time for updates.

Here is the direct link for the East Ridge schedule:

http://www.tssaa.org/schedules/doschedules...AA%20Volleyball

Maybe somebody from East Ridge could load the schedule on CoachT.

If no one from East Ridge enters their schedule, I will do it before the season starts in late August. One of the problems with this is that a team may add or drop matches and these changes will not appear on the TSSAA schedule. Once a schedule appears on the TSSAA site, they do not update any changes. If a school has a web site, it is sometimes better to use that data as it may reflect schedule changes. I'll print out the TSSAA schedule and check with Coach Neely at the Brentwood Blastoff to see if East Ridge's schedule has any changes.

One of the things I do before the season starts is to enter the schedules of my district teams here on coacht so that I can track how they are doing. Getting the results entered on the scoreboard is the next problem you face as some teams do not report their matches here or in a local newspaper. It would be nice if each team would have someone enter their results here, but that doesn't always happen. I try to ask the coaches before the matches with Page what their record is or get actual scores if possible. It's a hard thing to get all the scores, but I will do my best to post any results I can find.

In terms of reporting game scores, I really like the way Kentucky does things. On the KHSAA main page, you can go to the Volleyball page (http://www.khsaa.org/volleyball/ ) and then access all sort of information regarding the sport. I really like how you can look back at season information regarding these teams, and how the fared. ( http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyvb5 ) You can change the date and be able to see whatever matches were played that day, or just view a particular team's schedule and how they have fared. I'm pretty sure in talking with the Presentation coaches last year, that they had to call in their scores each night. Tennessee could easily do something like this as Kentucky is just as rural in some areas.

One interesting thing to look at to me is the schedule for Assumption. They only lost two GAMES in matches all season long and both of those were to Mira Costa, California. Now that is dominance. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsa...mp;action_name=

Edited by bd4vols

I guess that's why they were the #1 HS team in the country!

Mira Costa finished the season #2 in the country winning their state title with only 2 match losses. They also had one of the top recruits in the country, Alex Klineman, who has still not made a college choice. There are several schools in the running like Stanford and Hawaii to name a couple. She's supposed to be amazing.

Mira Costa finished the season #2 in the country winning their state title with only 2 match losses. They also had one of the top recruits in the country, Alex Klineman, who has still not made a college choice. There are several schools in the running like Stanford and Hawaii to name a couple. She's supposed to be amazing.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyvb5?id=20318

That team had a pretty good year too didn't they General!

Second most total wins in the state to only Assumption and winners of 4 tournaments and runnerup in two.

GO GENERALS! :thumb:

Edited by KYdigsTN

• 3 weeks later...

REMINDER: I've noticed quite a few teams now have their schedules up on the TSSAA site, how about posting on CoachT, too? If you follow a team (or play on a team), take the initiative and put up their schedule. It's really not that difficult and CoachT is very generous about helping (as I can attest) if you make a mistake(s). I truly believe this is one way to improve Vball popularity. Once you get your schedule posted, it's reall easy to come back in and post the results (simply, games won / lost) as the season progresses. There will be alot of talk on here about matches as they occur (which is great) but it would be nice to look at a team and see their results throughout the season. I am now climbing down from my soap box. (Also, I realized, I need to put up another post, so KYD doesn't pass me). :thumb:

REMINDER: I've noticed quite a few teams now have their schedules up on the TSSAA site, how about posting on CoachT, too? If you follow a team (or play on a team), take the initiative and put up their schedule. It's really not that difficult and CoachT is very generous about helping (as I can attest) if you make a mistake(s). I truly believe this is one way to improve Vball popularity. Once you get your schedule posted, it's reall easy to come back in and post the results (simply, games won / lost) as the season progresses. There will be alot of talk on here about matches as they occur (which is great) but it would be nice to look at a team and see their results throughout the season. I am now climbing down from my soap box. (Also, I realized, I need to put up another post, so KYD doesn't pass me). ;)

Thanks.

Another benefit of having the games in the schedule is the ability to see Google maps of the games and use them for driving directions:

Google Map of August 21st games

Hold down your left mouse button to navigate around the map.

CoachT,

I have been trying to enter schedule stuff. Someone from Ooltewah and East Ridge enter our games but left out most of the others. The system want allow me to do so. Maybe I'm not smart enough I just got my computer back tonight and I'm trying to catchup. Our schedule should be on TSSAA and our Roster is entered. I have had a few college coaches say they are playing on your board and told them I would add ours. Thanks for all the information and to your group that follows the state of Tennessee.