Little League State Tournament

I doubt that Columbia had much of a scouting report on Georgia coming out of state. GA beat WV 16-0 and didn't pitch Carter who one hit Columbia. I think he hit a lead off homerun to put them up 1-0. Game winner in the first at bat. The boxscore has the top 3 batters getting 6 of the 8 hits and all of the RBI's. Can't walk all of 'em. Cleanup was 0 for and didn't knock in a run.

Congratulation Georgia for representing the Southern Region. A team from Alabama made it to the finals in recent memory, but I don't think they won it. Columbus wins 2-1 over Japan and Carter strikes out 11.

Here's the boxscore. Faces 24 in 6 innings. Three hits, one run, 11 K's.

http://littleleague.org/series/2006divisio...res/LLWS32.html

Great game for Georgia and Carter! However, Carter should have listened to his coach and stopped at third. This made it a closer game than it needed to be, but give Carter credit for making good pitches when he needed. The pitcher from Japan looked a little old for little league! :D

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game for Georgia and Carter! However, Carter should have listened to his coach and stopped at third. This made it a closer game than it needed to be, but give Carter credit for making good pitches when he needed. The pitcher from Japan looked a little old for little league! :angry:

Sounds like the Carter kid had a scare this week. Luckily, sounds like he will be ok.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2702691