Need some help from you Huntington, Milan fans

Wow! This Rogers dude needs to run for some political office. People sure seem to defend him on this board. Look up his record to see if he has a winning one. :(

He doesn't seem to adjust during games like other coaches. The talent is there so...

Dresden always has some great players. I hope this is their year.

If he doesn't make adjustments I don't think East Robertson has anything to worry about.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys please excuse my friend/part time roommate. He is more trouble than he is worth sometimes. He told me what happened so I need to get on here and straighten things out. I think nothing but the best of coach Rodgers. He was there when I played, and he turned Dresden's program around. They were having trouble competing at 2A for a couple years, but now they are doing fine. I have had my own trouble at Greenfield for a couple of years now, and I will surely have some more down the road. I hope he didn't bother anyone, and I am sorry. I told him he had to get his own account, but he hasn't done it yet. Once again I am sorry. Josh

When will you be moving to Ashland City????????

You seem to know so much about Dresden football. Are you sure about that? Did you play there? Was your son/grandson on the team? I suppose you or they probably sat the bench, so you feel the need to bash the coach. Do you know how many winning teams Dresden has had before Coach Rogers? Go back to the 1960's or so and work your way through to the present. Can you name the former coach's records from 1960 or so? You may be surprised. And that was all at the single A level. Coach Rogers took over as head Coach in 1993. The team went 7-3, 6-5 the next year and made the playoffs every year they were in single A but one over the next 5 years, winning the region in 1997. Then came the transition to AA. It was a difficult one. I believe the first 2 yrs. in AA, they only won 6 games. However, that was still more wins than the basketball team and baseball team combined over that period of time. And they were still competeing in single A. Was it the coaching? I don't think so. Athletes during that period at Dresden were few and far between. Over the last 4 seasons, the team has been 22-20, finishing 2nd in the region in 2003 and also making the playoffs in 2004. I like to think that things are back on the rise, but you obviously will continue to think negatively. Our entire coaching staff works extremely hard during the off-season, before-during-and after games during the season. Do you enjoy being publicly criticized? Do people compalin when you burn the chicken at Q-mart? It's obvious that you know who I am. I'm not ashamed to hide behind a moniker and do my best to humiliate people for doing their job to the best of their ability.

As for adjusting during the East Robertson game, we were up 24-13 at the half. I've watched that film over and over, more times than you can imagine. We made some unconcionable mistakes that led to their scores. They did NOTHING any differently than in the first half. Made no defensive or offensive adjustments. They capitalized on our mistakes, and I will take full responsibility for that. The gloves are off. It's your move. And if I ran for office, I'd probably have your job.

Obvioulsy you didn't watch it enough! At half time our D-coordinator came in and changed our whole defence around! If you watched it so many times then you would know in the 1st half we were running a 3-3-5 because we thought we had fast and strong enough linebackers that we could go out there and cover Hewitt but we figured out real quick that that defence wasn't working. So in the 2nd half we came out in a 5-2 and completely shut yall down. We're sorry that your players weren't in good shape and couldn't stand the heat. Yeah we had 2 or 3 guys that cramped up but yeah they were back on the field in a couple of plays. So looks like Dresden needs to be out running with trashbags over there body's so they can get in shape. Don't be downing my team on what we did to yall in the 2nd half. We came out and figured out what we were doing wrong and fixed it and came out on top and went on to win in one of the toughest regions in the state. I won't be able to play against yall this year cause i'm out with a broken fibula and torn ligaments in my ankle but if yall are as good as yall say yall are then we'll see yall in the playoffs and i'll be back then and looking forward to seeing yall! Hope yall have a safe trip up to Cross Plains this year and good luck in your season coach!