Brentwood Team Camp Info

ivolly

Well, PHargis, the chances of a team going undefeated are slim and none. This field is very strong so I doubt that one team can dominate play. I could be wrong since I haven't seen Brentwood, East Ridge, LaVergne, Siegel and some others. I do know that Independence looked strong recently at BGA. Keep in mind that some teams may not have all their players so this could affect their play. This camp is merely an exhibition, not true competitive play - no betting please.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, PHargis, the chances of a team going undefeated are slim and none. This field is very strong so I doubt that one team can dominate play. I could be wrong since I haven't seen Brentwood, East Ridge, LaVergne, Siegel and some others. I do know that Independence looked strong recently at BGA. Keep in mind that some teams may not have all their players so this could affect their play. This camp is merely an exhibition, not true competitive play - no betting please.

I can't agree with you more but my slant is this may be more than an exhibition and in the back of the mind of a lot of these teams is the pride of showing well. I would not believe, anytime, that Brentwood will approach this as exhibition. I've never seen one of their teams do that. I've never seen a team come all the way froim Chattanooga without having something in mind. I've never known a match between Independence and Brentwood being an exhibition. My suspicion is there will be plenty for these teams to prove even within a hour and for those great teams in the state that decided to sit on the sidelines and not compete against some of the best teams , you will not know what you missed. And for the true fans and players in Middle Tennessee, High School and Middle School, it will be a chance to see great teams and players play at a very high level and exhibit the team play that it takes to compete. Brentwood has done it again and will put on a great show.

I'll add a little more to my opinion about the teams and how they will play in this camp. Sure the teams will be giving it their all, but will the coaches still be trying out rotations, subs, plays, etc.? - of course they will. This is still a camp with 13 varsity and 13 JV matches and you can't expect a team to use all their key players at all times. If either a Brentwood, Siegel, or East Ridge team loses a match, it really doesn't equate to any of them being weak - it could be that they may have not been using their true starters in a particular match. Although I don't know exactly who will be at the Brentwood Blastoff on Aug. 18 and 19, I expect some of these teams will be back and show their truer colors. I would base my opinion on how good a team is more that data in two weeks than what I see this weekend.

I have been able to juggle my schedule to make all three days this weekend so I hope, with the help of others, to get the results posted here starting Friday night. I will try to get game scores, but some results will probably just show the winners. Play starts at 10 AM on Friday with several good matches expected right off the bat. On court 1 - Independence vs East Ridge, court 2 - Brentwood vs Franklin - it will be interesting to see how Franklin plays without former coach Jay Golsteyn, court 5 - DCA vs Page - not sure what DCA has this year, court 7 - LaVergne vs BA - haven't seen BA yet and LaVergne will be without two starters. Play continues through the day with the last matches starting at 4 PM.

I have been able to juggle my schedule to make all three days this weekend so I hope, with the help of others, to get the results posted here starting Friday night. I will try to get game scores, but some results will probably just show the winners. Play starts at 10 AM on Friday with several good matches expected right off the bat. On court 1 - Independence vs East Ridge, court 2 - Brentwood vs Franklin - it will be interesting to see how Franklin plays without former coach Jay Golsteyn, court 5 - DCA vs Page - not sure what DCA has this year, court 7 - LaVergne vs BA - haven't seen BA yet and LaVergne will be without two starters. Play continues through the day with the last matches starting at 4 PM.

Siegel beat Revanwood 2-1. No scores.

Here are the results from Friday's matches. I didn't get all the scores or match winners. Matches are listed in chronological order and a summary will be given after that.

East Ridge def. Independence - IHS did not have OH Liz Powell or Setter Andrea Smith

Lipscomb def. Blackman

Brentwood def. Franklin

Siegel def. Ravenwood - 17-25, 25-16, 15-13

Page and DCA split - 25-21, 10-25 - no time for game 3 as injury delayed match

BGA def. Centennial - 25-19, 25-19

LaVergne def. BA - 26-28, 25-19, 15-10

East Ridge def. Blackman

LaVergne def. Centennial - 25-23, 25-19, 15-8

Brentwood def. Lipscomb

Franklin def. BGA - 25-27, 25-11. 16-10

Ravenwood def. Page - 28-26, 25-17

Independence def. DCA - 34-32, 15-13

BA def. Siegel - 20-25, 32-30, 6-3

Brentwood def. Independence

Franklin def. Siegel

DCA def. Centennial - 25-22, 18-25, 17-12

Lipscomb def. Page - 25-22, 18-25, 16-10 - Nicole Smith absent for Page

Ravenwood def. LaVergne - 25-22, 15-25, 16-14

East Ridge def. BGA

Blackman def. BA

Brentwood def. Centennial

Siegel def. BGA

Independence def. Page - 25-16, 25-15, 15-3 - L. Powell and A. Smith back for IHS, N. Smith absent for Page

DCA def. Ravenwood - 25-13, 25-7

LaVergne def. Lipscomb - 25-20, 25-18, 15-8

Franklin def. Blackman

East Ridge def. BA

LaVergne scores have been updated.

Final updates from Friday in bold.

Edited by PageMan

Yep. I hear they looked pretty good. They are really young though.

It was the first game of the first scrimmage of the year. Don't read too much into any of it.

It is going to take Siegel a while to gel. Lots of new parts.

Clifford is right on the analysis as usual. Siegel does have a lot of new parts but they have also a lot of older parts that are going thru a refurbishing and renewing. It was obvious and expected it would happen and it is what gives coaches gray hair. Coach Slaughter will need the Senior Leaders to come forward and assert themselves and players in key positions to fill their roles and play to their capability. This team has a great deal of talent but it is not unexpected for the parts to have to be defined. This will have to happen before this will be a very good team. Patience is needed but even Job needed a renewing ever so often. Go Stars.