Stone vs. CCHS--- Rivalries RULE!

RadioJet06

Everyone here in Cumberland County is scared to death about violence and danger stemming from a Stone Memorial High School and Cumberland County High School rivalry. But people in the sleepy little town of CROSSVEGAS need to wake up and realize how awesome it is to have this county wide competition. Just think about the pride and sense of school ownership this gives to the students, the athletes, the teachers, heck--- everybody involved with either school!!! This is great!! it gives kids a great inscentive to be the best they can be at all times. And hold the phone if you think this rivalry stops on the fields and courts!!! This is headed into the classroom, and even out into the community. Pride and tradition is something the entire Cumberland County School System lacks!! And the battle of being the best side of I-40 couldnt be better. If you ask me, its just what the doctor ordered for both schools, and Cumberland County shouldnt be worried about it. They should be excited about the great things that will come from this rivalry on and off the playin field! ;)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here in Cumberland County is scared to death about violence and danger stemming from a Stone Memorial High School and Cumberland County High School rivalry. But people in the sleepy little town of CROSSVEGAS need to wake up and realize how awesome it is to have this county wide competition. Just think about the pride and sense of school ownership this gives to the students, the athletes, the teachers, heck--- everybody involved with either school!!! This is great!! it gives kids a great inscentive to be the best they can be at all times. And hold the phone if you think this rivalry stops on the fields and courts!!! This is headed into the classroom, and even out into the community. Pride and tradition is something the entire Cumberland County School System lacks!! And the battle of being the best side of I-40 couldnt be better. If you ask me, its just what the doctor ordered for both schools, and Cumberland County shouldnt be worried about it. They should be excited about the great things that will come from this rivalry on and off the playin field! ;)

Violence and danger stemming from a cross-town high school rivalry! Geeez! This isn't some huge city ruled by thugs and gang members. If this is all these people have to worry about, I think they can breathe a little easier! This should mean only good things for the entire community. ;);)

Everyone here in Cumberland County is scared to death about violence and danger stemming from a Stone Memorial High School and Cumberland County High School rivalry. But people in the sleepy little town of CROSSVEGAS need to wake up and realize how awesome it is to have this county wide competition. Just think about the pride and sense of school ownership this gives to the students, the athletes, the teachers, heck--- everybody involved with either school!!! This is great!! it gives kids a great inscentive to be the best they can be at all times. And hold the phone if you think this rivalry stops on the fields and courts!!! This is headed into the classroom, and even out into the community. Pride and tradition is something the entire Cumberland County School System lacks!! And the battle of being the best side of I-40 couldnt be better. If you ask me, its just what the doctor ordered for both schools, and Cumberland County shouldnt be worried about it. They should be excited about the great things that will come from this rivalry on and off the playin field! :lol:

The rivalry began back in the summer, when someone spray-painted "PANTHERS" on CCHS fieldhouse.....Which I thought was quite funny...

Just to let ya know SCW86, they will play a JV schedule for I think two yrs... its TSSAA rules... it may just be one though. As for the rivalry, it will be great for the county. I live in Roane County and the rivalries down here are great. It gives the county something to look foward to as a whole and not just city by city. I think its great that Stone is now up and running.. I wish them the best of luck.

• 1 month later...