Father Ryan/Lebanon Scrimmage

bigbigguy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to catch a little of the scrimage....and all I can say is I dont know what Coach L did to those players over one week but WOW that Defense was impressive. The first string (or what I take was the first string) Shut them down and gave up only one big play...but that was for only 10 yards. They also laid down some big hits. Very impressive showing by the D. On the other side of the ball though things did look better. They look like they are really starting to click. Cant wait to see the scrimage next week against Ravenwood...should be a very good test for the Irish.

I happened to catch a little of the scrimage....and all I can say is I dont know what Coach L did to those players over one week but WOW that Defense was impressive. The first string (or what I take was the first string) Shut them down and gave up only one big play...but that was for only 10 yards. They also laid down some big hits. Very impressive showing by the D. On the other side of the ball though things did look better. They look like they are really starting to click. Cant wait to see the scrimage next week against Ravenwood...should be a very good test for the Irish.

What time and where vs. Ravenwood?

I'll take note of that :lol: . After one scrimmage, Ryan folks are already talking smack...interesting.

We are not talking smack. Bigbigguy simply said we 'laid down the law', which is an unusual, but true expression of the scrimmage. Ill try and rephrase it so my2cents understands what bigbig meant to say, '#22 off FR is a beast and had 7 sacks on defense, no one can stop him.' Thats it in a nutshell.

And to answer the question of Lebanon players hurt, many became injured during the game, especially one play in particular where Lebanon's full back came to blind side a FR player, but got nailed. He didnt get up for about 10 minutes.

The scrimmage was sadly raiend out, however. :thumb:

We are not talking smack. Bigbigguy simply said we 'laid down the law', which is an unusual, but true expression of the scrimmage. Ill try and rephrase it so my2cents understands what bigbig meant to say, '#22 off FR is a beast and had 7 sacks on defense, no one can stop him.' Thats it in a nutshell.

And to answer the question of Lebanon players hurt, many became injured during the game, especially one play in particular where Lebanon's full back came to blind side a FR player, but got nailed. He didnt get up for about 10 minutes.

The scrimmage was sadly raiend out, however. :thumb:

I understand, same as last 6 years. Your freshman team will be good, jv will be good, and varsity will 3-7.