Father Ryan/Lebanon Scrimmage

bigbigguy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You start putting your money where your mouth is and betting on that and you truly will have only 2 cents.

Ole Dad

Good one, father ryan. You guys are running your mouths like you do every year. A few good scrimmages and practices and all of the sudden they're the '85 bears. Just like was said before, father ryan always has great jv and freshman teams but the big boys must only know how to play on thursday afternoon instead of friday night. Wait until Friday August 25, 2006 at Hillsboro High School (because you have no stadium) at 7:30 then you can talk if you can pull it out

I have to admit that Ryan fans tend to run their mouths in preseason and end up having egg on their faces by the third game of the season. :P

I am not sure that I would be too excited about competing against a Lebanon team that is picked to finish at the bottom of their region this year. So you did great against a mediocre team but against a quality Hunters Lane team you could not score. :blink:

Take confidence away from this performance and look to next week for more improvement; when you are in the playoffs again then we can hear those obnoxious purple pride statements again. :P

We are not talking smack. Bigbigguy simply said we 'laid down the law', which is an unusual, but true expression of the scrimmage. Ill try and rephrase it so my2cents understands what bigbig meant to say, '#22 off FR is a beast and had 7 sacks on defense, no one can stop him.' Thats it in a nutshell.

And to answer the question of Lebanon players hurt, many became injured during the game, especially one play in particular where Lebanon's full back came to blind side a FR player, but got nailed. He didnt get up for about 10 minutes.

The scrimmage was sadly raiend out, however. :P

It certainly seems like smack talk to me. When a Ryan supporter tells the rest of us in D-II that, "there's a new sheriff in town, so look out", that is smack talk.

Your statement about Ryan's #22 is hilarious. Just more bulletin board material for every team on Ryan's schedule.

You sound pretty proud that your team injured some of Lebanon's players.

It certainly seems like smack talk to me. When a Ryan supporter tells the rest of us in D-II that, "there's a new sheriff in town, so look out", that is smack talk.

Your statement about Ryan's #22 is hilarious. Just more bulletin board material for every team on Ryan's schedule.

Agree!

FRW who is 22? Where was Aaron Bateman?

My statement was to 2cents and I stand behind it. I'll take FRHS on the over for a 3-7 season all day long. I can't wait til FRHS suits up against you guys....Silver Tate and all.

Ole Dad

I have to admit that Ryan fans tend to run their mouths in preseason and end up having egg on their faces by the third game of the season. :P

I am not sure that I would be too excited about competing against a Lebanon team that is picked to finish at the bottom of their region this year. So you did great against a mediocre team but against a quality Hunters Lane team you could not score. :blink:

Take confidence away from this performance and look to next week for more improvement; when you are in the playoffs again then we can hear those obnoxious purple pride statements again. :P

My statement was to 2cents and I stand behind it. I'll take FRHS on the over for a 3-7 season all day long. I can't wait til FRHS suits up against you guys....Silver Tate and all.

Ole Dad

No one said Ryan would not be better this year, but alot of other teams look to be better this year as well. The class of 2007 is a very strong class. :blink:

DAD are you a Ryan alum or just a fan of Lussier? It's petty statements like "Silver Tate and all" that gives Ryan its poor rep. You're like a little kid on the playground. Speak to the facts of Ryan's capabilities or don't speak at all because really you are making Ryan look .... well ... bad. :P

I didn't realize FRHS had a poor rep? If they do maybe it's only with the JPII faithful. It's funny how you want to speak to facts but all the bull I hear from JPII fans are from the last few years and are irrelevant to the current teams or season. I am a FRHS fan and also a person who is impressed with the success and talent of Coach Lussier.

Regards;

Ole Dad

No one said Ryan would not be better this year, but alot of other teams look to be better this year as well. The class of 2007 is a very strong class. :D

DAD are you a Ryan alum or just a fan of Lussier? It's petty statements like "Silver Tate and all" that gives Ryan its poor rep. You're like a little kid on the playground. Speak to the facts of Ryan's capabilities or don't speak at all because really you are making Ryan look .... well ... bad. :lol:

I didn't realize FRHS had a poor rep? If they do maybe it's only with the JPII faithful. It's funny how you want to speak to facts but all the bull I hear from JPII fans are from the last few years and are irrelevant to the current teams or season. I am a FRHS fan and also a person who is impressed with the success and talent of Coach Lussier.

Regards;

Ole Dad

O Ole Dad you really are funny. Are you saying a comment like the ones you have posted here and on other topics are not intended to 'dissed' the JP2 faithful. You are right there are JP2 posters on Coacht that talk smack but truly Ryan has mastered smack. Read posts from other schools' faithful. They seem to agree with knight fans.

It would be refreshing if you posted something such as, "excited to see Ryan rebound from a poor showing against Hunter's Lane. There are still problem areas that I feel sure Coach Lussier and his very competent staff will address before Week 1. JP2 we look forward to meeting you in Week 1 and we look to be prepared. A great game no matter who wins." It shows confidence and class and still the rivalry is there. But nooooooo.... what we read is "laid down the law" and "lebanon players got hurt" and "put your money where your mouth is".

To give credit where credit is due statebound and RyanAlum did have more positive things to say. Ole Dad call me when you can show the class that other Ryan fans show. :lol:

Edited by jp2fan

Please tell me you are not from MBA. Because if you would read where I said there's a new sherriff in town was a joke at the comment that Father Ryan laid down the law. I would figure someone from MBA could figure that out by themselves, unless you jumped on jp2fan smack talk bandwagon. If there is a next post I will spell it out for you, Barney.