Father Ryan/Lebanon Scrimmage

bigbigguy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lied to you because before JPII opened Ryan had 1000 students with a waiting list with even a point system for parochial school kids to get in. Example: for every year in parochial school or ccd class you would get 1/10 of a point if sibling graduated from Ryan 2 points, parents 2 for each etc. Even sent out letter this past spring saying why they had to let go about 7 part time or office people and one full teacher because enrollment is down. So your friend that is "in the know" doesn't know much about what is going on over there or like most believes whatever they tell him or her. Next time you see your friend ask them since the football stadium has been approved in March, has one blade of grass been touched to start it, or better yet has one penny been raised to start? I will bet the answer will be somewhere in the neighborhood of it is still in the planning stages. Oh yeah, don't forget about that $800,000.00 burm you have to build around the campus before you can even start on the stadium. :ph34r::angry:

I knew that Ryan let some staff go but I thought the number was closer to 15. I know that I read it but could not find the article. Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by jp2fan

I knew that Ryan let some staff go but I thought the number was closer to 15. I know that I read it but could not find the article. Thanks for clarifying.

Anyone who thinks JPII opening did not have an effect on the enrollment at Ryan has their head in the sand. Off the top of my head 1/2 of Holy Rosary and most of St. Joseph probably attend JPII. That is about 90 kids alone. I just do not get the denial stuff.

We get most of the girls from Holy Rosary and all of St Joe. (I think one kid went to Ryan) Also St John Vianney all go to JP2.

Ryan has been in denial since the announcement of a new school. They still say the same things they did 7 years ago. I would go into more detail but this isn't the place. I am tired of hearing the whining.

We get most of the girls from Holy Rosary and all of St Joe. (I think one kid went to Ryan) Also St John Vianney all go to JP2.

Ryan has been in denial since the announcement of a new school. They still say the same things they did 7 years ago. I would go into more detail but this isn't the place. I am tired of hearing the whining.

It seems that all the talk about the different feeder schools is trying to imply that the different students go to John Paul or Father Ryan for a particular reason. But the reality is the great majority of them go to either school due to where they live and the shortest travel distance. The post that was implying that John Paul's academics are somehow superior to Father Ryan's has no basis in reality. I know many students from both schools and alot of John Paul students say that they are smothered with "busy work". Now maybe some people think that this makes them academically superior, I don't think so. I have some children that have graduated from Father Ryan that scored above 30 on their ACT tests, not too shabby. The reality is that most St Henry, St Matthew, St Ann, St Vincent, St. Edward students go to Ryan, and most of the boys from Holy Rosary are at Ryan and the current sophomores athletes, especially girls (at least the ones who shined at Holy Rosary) are at Ryan, their parents know and realize the shorter drive. Most of the children from St Joseph, St John Vianny, Our Lady of the Lake, (no school) and any other fine parish school on the north side of town are going to attend JPII, I don't blame them. Why would anyone drive across town to attend either school? Very few do, so the economics play a big role. And even if they do drive across town and both schools have students that do, that does not mean that either school is superior. If my children had gone to John Paul, I am sure that they would still be on the road to success in their lives like they already are. So most of these posts are just emotions fueled by sporting events. This is sort of silly. Both Ryan and John Paul are fine schools. Both schools enrollments are about where they would like them to be. Ryan has had too many students in the past, so their numbers are not a major concern. John Paul would have liked more students in their school by this year, but its not a major concern either. If we talked all sports by both schools, I think anyone who knows anything will agree that Father Ryan has plenty to be proud of, and so does John Paul. And I am not talking about the past when I speak of Father Ryan, they are constantly adding state championship trophys to the trophy case right up to this starting school year. JPII has a state soccer championship, some track and field and wrestling titles, so they have much to be proud of as well. NOW ON TO FOOTBALL, I think both Ryan and JPII will struggle on defense this season, it may come down to big plays (Ryan-JPII), if that is the case, then JPII probably has the advantage with Golden. I know he is not the only player JPII has, but he is the big play player. Emotions will be running high at the Ryan-JPII game, so who knows, it will be exciting no matter the outcome. If both teams leave the game with no major injuries, then they both win irregardless of the final score. Here to both schools, be proud as you should be and know that we are brothers and sisters in the big picture. :lol:

Edited by fieldman

I think that attributing all the ditzing of JPII to me is flattering, but also incorrect. You may want to go back and check the quotes you attributed to me for accuracy. But, I will also tell you that that street runs both ways and I see much more JPII faithful digging on FRHS for their past few years records and their prediction of "more of the same." You may want to thicken your skin a bit more and read the posts more carefully going forward before lumping all your woes into one neat package. I will tell you that may want to make sure your kids strap their chin straps on tight when they face FRHS cause it's gonna be a slobberknocker and no one at FRHS is in awe of JPII. So have fun, the season is about to begin and the digs on all teams will likely get more frequent as supporters of other teams make their opinion known. Good Luck.

Ole Dad

Your talking like father ryan has done anything against jp2. If anyone should be telling anyone else to tighten the chin straps, it should be the other way around. 49-21.

I didn't know Father Ryan was alive and if he is then I'm not sure if he has anything against JPII or not. I don't think many educated people have any grudges against their rivals, only a heated spirit of rivalry. But, if my comments made you feel inferior then I apologize. Nobody wanted to hurt your feelings. Oh, and by the way, FRHS kids already know it's gonna be a slobberknocker and will be wearing double chinstraps that night and many other nights as well. You see, their goal is not to beat JPII. That's only a step towards the goal.

Good Luck,

Ole Dad

Your talking like father ryan has done anything against jp2. If anyone should be telling anyone else to tighten the chin straps, it should be the other way around. 49-21.

I didn't know Father Ryan was alive and if he is then I'm not sure if he has anything against JPII or not. I don't think many educated people have any grudges against their rivals, only a heated spirit of rivalry. But, if my comments made you feel inferior then I apologize. Nobody wanted to hurt your feelings. Oh, and by the way, FRHS kids already know it's gonna be a slobberknocker and will be wearing double chinstraps that night and many other nights as well. You see, their goal is not to beat JPII. That's only a step towards the goal.

Good Luck,

Ole Dad

OD....hehehehehe! You are entertaining. Once again you use a patronizing tone to address what you term your "spirited rivalry" attitude. And who said Father Ryan was alive? Pleeaaasse.....shshshshshshhhhhhhhhh :justwrestle:

Thank You Fieldman

Honestly that is so refreshing to hear a Ryan fan with so much class and actual team spirit. I have experienced (and I daresay many at JP2 have experienced) the ugly side of team spirit from Ryan faithful. I honestly was a Ryan fan as well and still am to some extent. However, the more we talk (smack if you will) here the more animosity is fostered between both schools.

If JP2 was never opened Ryan would be my home team but alas that is the rub for some at Ryan who feel JP2 stole (or whatever) athletic talent from them. I actually moved north because JP2 was opening and did feel the education superior to Ryan. (Just my opinion from actual experience with Ryan faculty and staff...again a personal observation) Each to their own preferences...mine was JP2.

You are a class act fieldman and I look forward to week 1.

I promise to try and stay on the positive side of team spirit.

JP2FAN