8/18 Week 0 JP2 at Greenbrier

timbdp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen the Bobcats yet, not even a scrimmage...but I do think that from what I've heard, the Cats and PJP2 will have a good test. No predictions because I haven't seen either team...but I do not think this will be over a 10 pt win for either team.

I agree because I know the Bobcats are always prepared. I really haven't seen JP2 scrimmage alot this year either but it should be a great game. Whoever wins it will be fun to watch.

I still say JP2 by 3.

Where are the Bobcat fans? Do they have a comment? Also did Greenbrier scrimmage friday night?

The Bobcat fans will be out in full force come Friday night. There is strong community support for football in Greenbrier. I would expect a full house with standing room only. As I mentioned on another thread there a lot of uncertainties with this years team. I would expect a very physical team and strong defensively. There are no superstars like PJP, just a bunch of hardworking well coached kids who love to play. There’s no question Greenbrier must contain Tate and company. They scrimmaged Glencliff Friday (only 2 quarters of varsity) and made some progress.

On paper PJP should be the favorite….but it’s very hard to win at Bobcat Stadium. It should be a great game.

There will be a tailgate party in the high school parking lot starting around 5:30.

I enjoyed coming to PJP last year (except the outcome) and was very impressed with their facilities.

Good luck to both teams!

The Bobcat fans will be out in full force come Friday night. There is strong community support for football in Greenbrier. I would expect a full house with standing room only. As I mentioned on another thread there a lot of uncertainties with this years team. I would expect a very physical team and strong defensively. There are no superstars like PJP, just a bunch of hardworking well coached kids who love to play. There’s no question Greenbrier must contain Tate and company. They scrimmaged Glencliff Friday (only 2 quarters of varsity) and made some progress.

On paper PJP should be the favorite….but it’s very hard to win at Bobcat Stadium. It should be a great game.

There will be a tailgate party in the high school parking lot starting around 5:30.

I enjoyed coming to PJP last year (except the outcome) and was very impressed with their facilities.

Good luck to both teams!

This pretty much says everything that I was going to say.

Greenbrier will need to be able to stay with the ball/clock control game plan that has been so successful for them in the past to be able to have a shot in this one. Greenbrier's D seems to be playing well and totally shut down Glencliff so it should be fun to see them match up with PJPs O.

IF the weather cooperates, it'll be a huge crowd..... and plenty of places to park... :lol:

Let's hear about the atmosphere we're gonna have friday night. We hear its a great place to watch a game, one of the best in tennessee because of the town's support of the team.

"Bobcat Field" is a great place to watch a high school football game JP2. When you sit in the visitors stands you are literally right on top of the field. Greenbrier fans will fill their side of the field to capacity and the fence will be full from end to end. You'll hear the Bobcats band playing and the train from across the highway rolling down the tracks. Finally the PA announcer there is great at what he does. He keeps the home crowd in the game at all times but never takes it overboard like some PA announcers tend to do from time to time.

This one is going to be good :justwrestle:

This pretty much says everything that I was going to say.

Greenbrier will need to be able to stay with the ball/clock control game plan that has been so successful for them in the past to be able to have a shot in this one. Greenbrier's D seems to be playing well and totally shut down Glencliff so it should be fun to see them match up with PJPs O.

IF the weather cooperates, it'll be a huge crowd..... and plenty of places to park... <_<

Hey now! I've been working all week on how to get enough cars to SHUTTLE those PJP2 fans from Ridgetop to Bobcat Field.. :lol: ..

Seriously, good luck to both teams! Here's to an injury-free, hard-hitting game!

Also......to kick off the football season......for all the YOUTH in Greenbrier....there will be an POST-GAME PARTY in the Greenbrier First Baptist Church parking lot immediately following the game. There will be games, music and fun! Join in!

Go Big GREEN !

Edited by EZBeingGreen

"Bobcat Field" is a great place to watch a high school football game JP2. When you sit in the visitors stands you are literally right on top of the field. Greenbrier fans will fill their side of the field to capacity and the fence will be full from end to end. You'll hear the Bobcats band playing and the train from across the highway rolling down the tracks. Finally the PA announcer there is great at what he does. He keeps the home crowd in the game at all times but never takes it overboard like some PA announcers tend to do from time to time.

This one is going to be good <_<

I'm glad to hear you mention our PA guy. That would Butch Savage. He's a Bobcat alumnus that does as good of a job as any that I've heard. He enjoys the game but does stay fairly impartial. Although.... I do remember him once making the statement that "the player was pushed out of bounds after a pass interference call that was obviously missed........".... :lol:

The crew in the booth also does a great job with the music in warm-ups and inbetween plays. During the 2nd half, it's often a lot like going to a Kats game......

This one is going to be good <_<

Sums it up just about right.......gee, that makes me anxious for that good ole' Greenbrier Friday night fever. :lol:

Sums it up just about right.......gee, that makes me anxious for that good ole' Greenbrier Friday night fever. :thumb:

The two 2003 games against Sycamore & the playoff win over Crockett Co. and the two games last year (2005) against White House have to be five of the best games I have ever watched. They were all played at "Bobcat Field" and Greenbrier was 4-1 in those classics.