Obion Co hosts Dresden

VOREBS

Ok all the pre-season stuff is over. Friday night The 2006 version of the Obion Co Central Rebels take the field FOR REAL. Dresden comes in off an impressive romp over East Roberson, while this will be the Rebs first of the season. So let's hear it....what do you think? While Dresden is indeed a good football team, I say OC wins this one.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dresden has a solid team,we played them in the first look scrimage at Dyer,0 to 0 Good luck,but it will take a solid effort.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B...There has been good leadership from past players....There was some good leadership from the 5 seniors last year....But as whole and a group,this year's bunch has more overall leadership from ALL 16 guys...The year is still young and I have been proven wrong before and you were there for four years,you know...There has been things happen before by key senior players that didn't show good leadership qualities...I don't see it happening from this bunch....They are very close and trust each other...This will go along way in determining how their season ends up.....

I was just kidding :thumb: ! Like coach told the guys, everyone knows this is the year for the boys from OC!!! I wish ya'll the best of luck and i'll be there as much as possible! I just wish we could have been the best of OC last year!!! However the old saying goes, "If wishes were horses, beggars might ride."

P.S. Keep me posted on how the team is doing!

Edited by rebel_deof55

Should be an outstanding season opener and home opener for OC. This is the 4th season for Coach Bowling at the helm for the Rebels so he knows this senior class very well :thumb: So much potential and experience back for OC but as the Coach says you don't win games on paper. Dresden has the real deal in Hewitt who is one of the premier backs in West TN :D Containing him will be the main focus of the REbel D who return a Senior line up front and plenty of depth and the LB positions. OC is 0-3 in season openers under Bowling and only 19 wins in the 45 year history of the school in season openers. I see that trend coming to an end this Friday night- The Rebels let one slip away at Dresden last year and it's highly unlikely that will happen again.. OC will "Defend their house" and come away with a 35-24 victory and set the stage for an early 7-3A showdown with Crockett Co. the following week..

Good luck Rebels this Friday night :lol:

i hope your right obion has alot of heart but rebs can you explain what happend at huntingdon bad night or played young guys. good luck logan

Obion Co.'s 1st 3 offensive series- 3 Obion Co. touchdowns

West Carroll's 1st 3 offensive series- 3 first downs, no scores

Obion's starters took care of business, as they should with a smaller school. QB Logan Parker had TD runs of 18 and 24 yards on option keepers and finished the night with around 80 rushing yards and was 4-5 passing for around 55 yards. Not bad for a quarter of work. With a 21-0 lead after the first period, OC's starters were spectators the rest of the evening. OC played 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers the last quarter, and that's when all of WC's scoring took place. A glorified scrimmage was no place to play for a win while risking any starting players. When the starters were on the field, there was no question who was the better team.

Way to go Rebs!

Obion Co.'s 1st 3 offensive series- 3 Obion Co. touchdowns

West Carroll's 1st 3 offensive series- 3 first downs, no scores

Obion's starters took care of business, as they should with a smaller school. QB Logan Parker had TD runs of 18 and 24 yards on option keepers and finished the night with around 80 rushing yards and was 4-5 passing for around 55 yards. Not bad for a quarter of work. With a 21-0 lead after the first period, OC's starters were spectators the rest of the evening. OC played 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers the last quarter, and that's when all of WC's scoring took place. A glorified scrimmage was no place to play for a win while risking any starting players. When the starters were on the field, there was no question who was the better team.

Way to go Rebs!

good :lol: just wondering because the scrimage with oc and the mustang was close i was wondering what west carroll had

Everyone knows that OC will have to deal with Hewitt, but Dresden will have to deal with SEVERAL from OC. Also the Rebels big "O" line will set the tone for the year to come, I along with others look for a solid year from this seasoned bunch. This is as said earlier Coach's 4th season, and this bunch has been in the system since they were freshman, and know the system well. This is a very good Dresden team, but look for the Rebels to win this one by at least 10.....and then turn ALL attention to next weeks visit from Crockett Co.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows that OC will have to deal with Hewitt, but Dresden will have to deal with SEVERAL from OC. Also the Rebels big "O" line will set the tone for the year to come, I along with others look for a solid year from this seasoned bunch. This is as said earlier Coach's 4th season, and this bunch has been in the system since they were freshman, and know the system well. This is a very good Dresden team, but look for the Rebels to win this one by at least 10.....and then turn ALL attention to next weeks visit from Crockett Co.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The difference between this Dresden team,and the last three,is teams will have to worry about someone besides Hewett,just ask East Robertson.Clay Adams is a complete back.Maybe not as big as Matt.He rushed for over 120 yards against East Robertson.Lightning speed as well as great vision.Should be a great game between two good football teams.Lets just hope for a good clean game.I feel like if Dresden can limit mistakes they will pull it out.My pick Dresden 28-21.