Obion Co hosts Dresden

VOREBS

Despite the results, I think Dresden showed they're going to be a better team than some might have thought. Their 7-2A region will be a shootout as always, but this year looks to be especially interesting with Peabody and Westview's wins. Good luck to the OC next week with Crockett...I definately think the Cavs have a great chance at their region.

I think you are right...Had your all-state running back not laid the ball on the ground three times it might have been a different outcome,although the Rebels turned it over 4 times themselves....Also Milan lost big and Camden upset Huntingdon so 7-2A looks to be wide open...Dresden is a solid club...Good luck the Lions the rest of the way...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough break for OC, though, in losing Fulbright for the year.

I hate it for Jacob...He is a great kid and a valuable part of the Rebel team..He has an uncanny way of making defenders miss tackles...Takes defenders head on when he can't make them miss and he doesn't look for the sideline...The Rebels have depth at the position as was shown last night but his moxy as runner can't be replaced...I always thought if he would get hurt,it would be on the defensive side of the ball because of his aggressive tackling style....His injury was a freak one...He was just making a cut,like he has done a thousand times and his knee just gave out from under him....No viscious hit or twist....

You are right backinthe....Jacob is a great young man, and a heck of a football player. Having watched him play for several years, he seems to have such great field vision, and a HARD hitting defensive player. I am with you, I really hate it for him in his senior year.

As for the Rebels last night, a good win over a solid Dresden club. The Rebels were not perfect by any means but I thought moved the ball well, and seemed to adjust well on "D", even without seeing film. I thought the "O" line did a great job of makng a way all night. I thought Grady had an outstanding game, with somewhere near 30 carries, and we hd him with 138 yards, but I am hearing it may be more. Clanton and Ogden both ran well, and Parker did a good job running the offense. On "D", Hayslett, Craddock, Grooms, White, Clouse, Crackle, Battles, Fox, Clanton really stood out, as well as some big plays from that guy wearing #74, backinthe...you know him?? Ok, this was a nice non-region win.

NOW IT'S TIME TO FOCUS ON CROCKETT CO

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Even though Dresden did make too many mistakes, I would like to compliment several players that worked extremely hard.

(I apologize for any misspelled names & I am sure I have accidentally left some names off.)

Matt Hewett (total workhorse)

Clay Adams (works hard)

Landon Scott (seems to be the hardest working lineman)

Matt Owens

Brandon Jolley

Dwayne Bailey

Randy Williams (seems to be smart and hard working)

These guys never gave up.

:D

Obion Co. Central wins their season opener tonite in Troy beating the Dresden Lions 21-14....Garrett Grady led a Rebel ground attack that utilized one of their strengths,the experienced offensive line...Grady running mainly behind 3 year starter Steven Weaks,Savion Hayslett and Adam Battles gained close to 140 yards on 28 carries...Justin Ogden filling in for the injured Jacob Fulbright had a good night rushing with close to 60 yards on only 6 carries and Chase Clanton also did his usual steady job fom his slot position and also ran for close to 60 yards...Logan Parker had an efficient game,mainly handing the ball off to Grady on the mid-line option...Logan completed only two passes,but none more important than a 9 yard completion to Ogden on a 3rd and 8 late in the game to help OC run out the clock...The defense was opportunistic coming up with 5 fumble recoveries..Three by all-state running back Matt Hewitt and two by Dwayne Bailey on back-to-back series in the second half....OC has plenty to work on..This was a far from perfect performance,but it is a win nonetheless...OC had a couple big penalties that brought back big gainers and had four turnovers...Three fumbles and an interception.....OC scored first and led 7-0....Dresden scored on a blocked punt..Nanney missed the PAT and the score stood at 7-6 OC...OC took a 14 -6 lead into the locker room at half....OC then received the opening kickoff and drove easily down the field on 3 consecutive Grady runs,forcing the Lions to call timeout...But on the following play Chase Clanton fumbled the ball after a nice gain around the Dresden 10....Dresden followed that with a fumble at the Lion 20 yard line...Justin Ogden scored on the first play and OC led 21-6 after Grady's 3rd consecutive PAT....Dresden scored in the 4th quarter one play after a 4th and 8 try at the Lion 47 was no good by the Rebels....QB Justin Coleman threw a 53 yard TD pass to Randy Williams...Hewitt ran in the 2pt conversion to make it 21-14...OC held on and won their first season opener under Darren Bowling...Next up..Crockett Co..a 35-14 winner over Milan...Looks like the Cavs are for real this year...

A little side note to this game...OC had to go into the game blind as far as a scouting report...Craig Rogers,coach of Dresden,decided not to trade films with OC...Now,I don't believe it's mandatory to do this,it is a widely accepted practice..Why he decided not to do it,I don't know,but to the OC coaching staff it was perceived as a lack of respect to them as a staff and it was used as motivation by the players as it was perceived by them as an act of disrespect to the Rebel program...

On a side not, seems like you don't know what you are talking about. Decided not to trade films, no one from OC ever called about a film, plus what film did they have a jamboree? Was Dresden supposed to give them a game film (week 0) for a jamboree tape?

Good luck to OC, kids played hard and took advantage of the opportunities that were presented to them.

You need to get your facts straight. Coach Rogers was NEVER contacted by anyone from the OC staff regarding a film swap. There was no scrimmage film to swap. How fair would it have been to swap an entire game film for one quarter of a jamboree? (The amount of time that the OC starters played.) To say that it is a lack of respect toward the OC staff is ridiculous. Dresden has had a long history of playing and scrimmaging OC. There is no disrespect. Your comments are uncalled for.

Obion Co. Central wins their season opener tonite in Troy beating the Dresden Lions 21-14....Garrett Grady led a Rebel ground attack that utilized one of their strengths,the experienced offensive line...Grady running mainly behind 3 year starter Steven Weaks,Savion Hayslett and Adam Battles gained close to 140 yards on 28 carries...Justin Ogden filling in for the injured Jacob Fulbright had a good night rushing with close to 60 yards on only 6 carries and Chase Clanton also did his usual steady job fom his slot position and also ran for close to 60 yards...Logan Parker had an efficient game,mainly handing the ball off to Grady on the mid-line option...Logan completed only two passes,but none more important than a 9 yard completion to Ogden on a 3rd and 8 late in the game to help OC run out the clock...The defense was opportunistic coming up with 5 fumble recoveries..Three by all-state running back Matt Hewitt and two by Dwayne Bailey on back-to-back series in the second half....OC has plenty to work on..This was a far from perfect performance,but it is a win nonetheless...OC had a couple big penalties that brought back big gainers and had four turnovers...Three fumbles and an interception.....OC scored first and led 7-0....Dresden scored on a blocked punt..Nanney missed the PAT and the score stood at 7-6 OC...OC took a 14 -6 lead into the locker room at half....OC then received the opening kickoff and drove easily down the field on 3 consecutive Grady runs,forcing the Lions to call timeout...But on the following play Chase Clanton fumbled the ball after a nice gain around the Dresden 10....Dresden followed that with a fumble at the Lion 20 yard line...Justin Ogden scored on the first play and OC led 21-6 after Grady's 3rd consecutive PAT....Dresden scored in the 4th quarter one play after a 4th and 8 try at the Lion 47 was no good by the Rebels....QB Justin Coleman threw a 53 yard TD pass to Randy Williams...Hewitt ran in the 2pt conversion to make it 21-14...OC held on and won their first season opener under Darren Bowling...Next up..Crockett Co..a 35-14 winner over Milan...Looks like the Cavs are for real this year...

A little side note to this game...OC had to go into the game blind as far as a scouting report...Craig Rogers,coach of Dresden,decided not to trade films with OC...Now,I don't believe it's mandatory to do this,it is a widely accepted practice..Why he decided not to do it,I don't know,but to the OC coaching staff it was perceived as a lack of respect to them as a staff and it was used as motivation by the players as it was perceived by them as an act of disrespect to the Rebel program...

First off you need to get your facts right...Coach Bowling made many attempts to call and talk to Coach Rodgers...to swap the Huntingdon and West Carrol film, but to no call back...He even went to a rules meeting and tried to talk to him, but he avoided him....

But, its all over now...and its time to move on.....Dresden needs to worry about Humboldt, and OC needs to worry about Crockett.....

Also, I would like to say Dresden is a hard nosed kind of football team, and they are really gonna make some noise in Region 7-2A this year....good luck to the Lions for the rest of the year.....

You need to get your facts straight. Coach Rogers was NEVER contacted by anyone from the OC staff regarding a film swap. There was no scrimmage film to swap. How fair would it have been to swap an entire game film for one quarter of a jamboree? (The amount of time that the OC starters played.) To say that it is a lack of respect toward the OC staff is ridiculous. Dresden has had a long history of playing and scrimmaging OC. There is no disrespect. Your comments are uncalled for.

Sorry my friend,but you are wrong....So,like it or not,get your facts straight...

Even though Dresden did make too many mistakes, I would like to compliment several players that worked extremely hard.

(I apologize for any misspelled names & I am sure I have accidentally left some names off.)

Matt Hewett (total workhorse)

Clay Adams (works hard)

Landon Scott (seems to be the hardest working lineman)

Matt Owens

Brandon Jolley

Dwayne Bailey

Randy Williams (seems to be smart and hard working)

These guys never gave up.

:huh:

I thought Matt ran extremely hard....I'm wondering did he cough up the ball against East Robertson??....Three lost fumbles are alot...

This is the last time I'll respond to this. Coach Bowling called and left a message with the secretary on Fri. the 18th concerning the changing of the playing site for a JV game. Dresden was about to board the bus for a 3 hr trip to Cross Plains. Coach Rogers shook Coach Bowling's hand and spoke with him at the rules meeting. I was there. They spoke about the change of the JV game and nothing was brought up concerning a film swap. Dresden did not scrimmage W. Carroll. There only scrimmage on film was against Dyer Co. (A team in OC's region, and they were asked to not swap the film with anyone.) The First Look scrimmage against Ripley was not filmed, either. (Cameraman forgot the AC hook up.) It's time to move on. Good luck to Obion Co. the rest of the year. Tough break for the Fulbright kid. He is a good player.

First off you need to get your facts right...Coach Bowling made many attempts to call and talk to Coach Rodgers...to swap the Huntingdon and West Carrol film, but to no call back...He even went to a rules meeting and tried to talk to him, but he avoided him....

But, its all over now...and its time to move on.....Dresden needs to worry about Humboldt, and OC needs to worry about Crockett.....

Also, I would like to say Dresden is a hard nosed kind of football team, and they are really gonna make some noise in Region 7-2A this year....good luck to the Lions for the rest of the year.....