Oakland vs. Franklin

patriot 4 life

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin had a fantastic kicker to make things even worse for us.

This shouldn't be a shocker to anyone who follows 5A football. FHS has been a producer of amazing kickers for quite a few years. Thanks to who? Well, you attended tonight's game in his stadium.

Congrats to the Rebs. Looking at the box, it looks like we lived by the big play tonight. The box is very similar to those from 2002 and 2003.

Also, if any of the Franklin folks here talk to the internet radio guys, tell Mr. Nichols that Taylor Flatt down in Sarasota, Florida would love to actually hear what he has to say - turn the mic on! :thumb: Beyond that, it was enjoyable to listen to him and Mr. Dunford call the game tonight on ihigh. Tell them that at least I appreciate it!

Game of the season next week... Go Rebs!

This shouldn't be a shocker to anyone who follows 5A football. FHS has been a producer of amazing kickers for quite a few years. Thanks to who? Well, you attended tonight's game in his stadium.

Congrats to the Rebs. Looking at the box, it looks like we lived by the big play tonight. The box is very similar to those from 2002 and 2003.

Also, if any of the Franklin folks here talk to the internet radio guys, tell Mr. Nichols that Taylor Flatt down in Sarasota, Florida would love to actually hear what he has to say - turn the mic on! :thumb: Beyond that, it was enjoyable to listen to him and Mr. Dunford call the game tonight on ihigh. Tell them that at least I appreciate it!

Game of the season next week... Go Rebs!

The defence wasn't as bad as people are making it sound. The rebels were exceptional with Cambell and #19. We would hit them and bounce off. They were living off the big play tonight and were capitializing on every Patriot miscue. Defense side was all about speed and gap control. They were real small and quick and the DB core were some bad mama jammas. The only thing that could keep them from winning it all is turnovers and penalty yards. We just couldn't make anything of the oppurtunities that they gave us. Great game Franklin good luck for the rest of the season.

Before I sign off I have to say something about the refs. They missed a few calls for both teams, it just seemed like they missed the calls that benefit us. Could just be me talking but, folk weren't happy about it. Hope y'all win next week.

The defence wasn't as bad as people are making it sound. The rebels were exceptional with Cambell and #19. We would hit them and bounce off. They were living off the big play tonight and were capitializing on every Patriot miscue. Defense side was all about speed and gap control. They were real small and quick and the DB core were some bad mama jammas. The only thing that could keep them from winning it all is turnovers and penalty yards. We just couldn't make anything of the oppurtunities that they gave us. Great game Franklin good luck for the rest of the season.

Before I sign off I have to say something about the refs. They missed a few calls for both teams, it just seemed like they missed the calls that benefit us. Could just be me talking but, folk weren't happy about it. Hope y'all win next week.

You are right. They get a ref who calls holding...they are SUNK.

Bacillum is right....Franklin is and always has been a big play team. They don't eat up a lot of clock on O with long sustained yards. Our D made some good stops but let Franklin clean their clock on a couple of plays for LONGGGG TDS. A wake up call for Oakland . This was a non region game, so time to shake it al off....remember that we don't like the taste of defeat....and move on to this week's game.

Was glad to see Bass with some yds, and Precious too. PJ also had a nice game.

Oakland has to quit the penalties.....two face masks in one game is not a good thing. I realize probably WHY the face masks....but you have to keep control on the field .

Edited by 2priceless

Tough game last night guys...we kept it close in the 2nd quarter but I think the biggest play of the game was the 30 yard fake punt pass that set up the Campbell post route for the TD. There was no one near the gunner on the punt! The defense did pretty well besides the 4 big plays, but if Oakland wants to be a playoff-bound team, someone is going to have to step up and decide "I'm going to make sure this play does NOT go the distance" and be the stopgap for the D. But this game is behind us now...time to focus on you know who! Goooo PATS

By The Way...I have NEVER seen anyone run 60 yards as fast as Campbell did after he caught that go route in the 4th quarter.

Tough game last night guys...we kept it close in the 2nd quarter but I think the biggest play of the game was the 30 yard fake punt pass that set up the Campbell post route for the TD. There was no one near the gunner on the punt! The defense did pretty well besides the 4 big plays, but if Oakland wants to be a playoff-bound team, someone is going to have to step up and decide "I'm going to make sure this play does NOT go the distance" and be the stopgap for the D. But this game is behind us now...time to focus on you know who! Goooo PATS

By The Way...I have NEVER seen anyone run 60 yards as fast as Campbell did after he caught that go route in the 4th quarter.

Yes, the guy is for realllllllll isn't he?

Bacillum is right....Franklin is and always has been a big play team. They don't eat up a lot of clock on O with long sustained yards. Our D made some good stops but let Franklin clean their clock on a couple of plays for LONGGGG TDS. A wake up call for Oakland . This was a non region game, so time to shake it al off....remember that we don't like the taste of defeat....and move on to this week's game.

Was glad to see Bass with some yds, and Precious too. PJ also had a nice game.

Oakland has to quit the penalties.....two face masks in one game is not a good thing. I realize probably WHY the face masks....but you have to keep control on the field .

The turning point in the game was when it was a 10-6 ball game with 4 minutes left in the half and recovered a fumbled punt at midfield, we gave FHS the ball back maybe 30 seconds later and they scored 3 times, one called back. We were playing with them and made them punt a few times, minus the 2nd play of the game it was even at that point. FHS had WAY more penalties than OHS, I notced the illegal motion than the holding, when they would go down into their "set" stance befor the snap, every play one of them would keep rocking forward.....they called it once. Not blaming anything on the refs because I think the penalties were 11-5 in our favor, but I didn't think you could do that. Should be an interesting game Friday night. Nobody in Murfreesboro won last night 0-5 :thumb:

I don't know what you are talking about with the refs. They score could easily have been 59-13, but Fraklin had 3 TDs called back for worthless penalties.