Ravenwood vs. Brentwood Academy

RaptorFan10

This is why they play the game. This was my post from last week. Hats off to BA and Ravenwood. Ravenwood came ready to play and they smacked BA in the mouth. Good luck to both teams this year!

Major props to you Buzzman for owning up...Lots of posters (posers) earlier this week had made some wild predictions and are hiding out hoping that no one calls on it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, these boards are for posting opinions. I'm sure everyone else's are as valid as mine. I have nothing but respect for Ravenwood...before and after the game, and wish them the best of luck this year. I like Michael Becker and his whole family. He played great tonight, and is going to do some big things for the Raptors.

I also think that Caffee is talented.

yes, becker has a fine family itsme. good job BA for winning this game. 24-0 against the williamson county schools is quite possibly one of the best streaks in all of sports, regardless of the level at which said sport is being played. twenty dollars says mba hammers ba this year though....any takers. go mccallie, father ryan, ba, and mba tomorrow for taking out TRINITY.

oh by the way, mus beat freaking melrose. come on christian brothers, do something significant.

RRR likes to get things stirred up here doesn't he!

Anyway, has there been a more talented team that has performed worse than BA did tonight? Looking at the two teams I thought this was a certain blowout. The players that were brought in to play at BA are all good looking but they just didn't get it done.

I guess the old saying applies "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". BA needs same recruiting coordinator but new coach.

I was very happy that the Eagles pulled it out.

Quite honestly, they were outplayed by the Raptors most of the game. Major props to Coach Rector for a very good game plan and having his team so ready to play. They executed very, very well.

BA has talent, no question. If they perform the way they did tonight, they will end up about 3-7. Too many mental errors, lack of focus, dropped passes and dropped interception opportunities.

That is no disrespect to Ravenwood at all. They played great, and arguably deserved to win the game. People who were questioning how they would do after losing some good talent...do not underestimate this team.

Caffee is the real deal at QB...the best BA has had since Adcock. Removing him from the game for a time was inexplicable. For what? Because his receivers (OK...just one) had problems catching the ball? He played great all night, and especially after coming back in.

BA's pass defense needs major work. Very little pressure on Becker all night (give a lot of credit to R'wood's line and Michael's scrambling ability) and frankly, just confused looking DBs.

Chris Jordan is also very talented. Reminds me of David Holbert, but with better moves. He has DI recruit written all over him. Ryan White, Bill Kottas also had good games.

I hope this is a wake-up for BA. Great game, and great to see neighbors play each other. This game will help both teams prepare for the road ahead. Congratulations to the Eagles for a hard fought, gutsy win, and also to the Raptors for a truly great performance.

How can you say your comment is no disrespect to Ravenwood? That's like saying...you are an idiot...but don't take it personally.

I did not see the game...but with all the hype BA has received...it means one of two things. Either BA is not as good as adveritsed...or Ravenwood has reloaded.

We'll see soon enough.

Man...that must have been a great game to see.

How can you say your comment is no disrespect to Ravenwood? That's like saying...you are an idiot...but don't take it personally.

I did not see the game...but with all the hype BA has received...it means one of two things. Either BA is not as good as adveritsed...or Ravenwood has reloaded.

We'll see soon enough.

Man...that must have been a great game to see.

Why don't we let Ravenwood fans say if they feel direspected by my comments, or at least someone who actually saw the game.

Anyway, has there been a more talented team that has performed worse than BA did tonight? Looking at the two teams I thought this was a certain blowout. The players that were brought in to play at BA are all good looking but they just didn't get it done.

I guess the old saying applies "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". BA needs same recruiting coordinator but new coach.

It looks like RRR was commenting and linking to actual news paper stories. He wasn't just saying something venomous and mean spirited like some people (just about every post).

I would not necessarily blame Coach Flatt. Ravenwood helped make him look bad. Hey! they could skip the "new coach" idea and start scheduling Centennial again. I think that would fix this struggle in the season opener problem that Coach Flatt is having.

Edited by Batts

Great game Ravenwood! I know that this loss hurts but you guys showed everyone that you are still at the top even after losing a ton of seniors. You looked very well prepared, excellent play calling, Becker looked like a seasoned QB, defense looked great and I strongly believe you will make it back to state. Now, if my "other" team will win today!

You people are spoiled. I had the luxury of watching the ballgame on CSS last night and I was very amazed at the level of talent on both sides of the field. Football in Upper East Tn is nowhere near that level and it would be great to watch this kind of talent each and every Friday night. So quit whinning and enjoy the season. I'm sure both of those fine teams will be playing late into the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams!

You people are spoiled. I had the luxury of watching the ballgame on CSS last night and I was very amazed at the level of talent on both sides of the field. Football in Upper East Tn is nowhere near that level and it would be great to watch this kind of talent each and every Friday night. So quit whinning and enjoy the season. I'm sure both of those fine teams will be playing late into the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams!

We are spoiled -- it was a great game played by some talented players on both teams . . .

Not sure who you are directing you "whinning" comment to (I guess there are the the few regular malcontents who I hope are the exception vs the rule) -- I think both BA fans and Ravenwood fans came away knowing that they had seen a heck of a game. I know it hurts Ravenwood to loose that game, but they more than held there own.

Should be a great season for both teams.

Maybe they played against a talented team that caused them to "perform worse" or maybe you are not very familiar with Ravenwood and its players. Either way, I would expect both teams to have a great season from here on out. Give some credit when credit is due and not blame BA's team.