Riverdale @ McCallie

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all those Riverdale fans that were Rankin haters last year and couldn't wait for him to leave? He looks pretty brilliant now, huh?

Ole Dad

I always liked Rankin...but we cant sit here and wish he was here hopefully our coach will learn from this and not make this kind of a mistake in a region or playoff game. From the sounds of this game our team was a lot better pre pared this week than we were last week and 5 penalties is not too bad you can win with only 5 penalties you can over come that so a lot of the problems that i saw "for what it is worth which aint much im just a little fan in the seats"but it was good to hear how our boys played a lot better and was ready for this game.

We as Riverdale fans have to rally around coach A becasue he is hear coaching our team and if we want to win he is the head coach so we must support him at all times we can not start this in week 2 otherwise what could be a good year we are 1-0 in region play and that is the most important thing right now next week we have blackman and wwe need to go to 2-0

GO WARRIORS

I always liked Rankin...but we cant sit here and wish he was here hopefully our coach will learn from this and not make this kind of a mistake in a region or playoff game. From the sounds of this game our team was a lot better pre pared this week than we were last week and 5 penalties is not too bad you can win with only 5 penalties you can over come that so a lot of the problems that i saw "for what it is worth which aint much im just a little fan in the seats"but it was good to hear how our boys played a lot better and was ready for this game.

We as Riverdale fans have to rally around coach A becasue he is hear coaching our team and if we want to win he is the head coach so we must support him at all times we can not start this in week 2 otherwise what could be a good year we are 1-0 in region play and that is the most important thing right now next week we have blackman and wwe need to go to 2-0

GO WARRIORS

Good post. This game will help you get better. One loss is not the season. DIIAAA is very tough, and McCallie is a good team.

Can someone explain what happened???

Surely the decisions I heard were not reported correctly.

Just saw the film on Stump on Sports...

McCallie scored with 1:35 left to make it 20 to 27 Riverdale

McCallie onside kick was unsuccessful. McCallie had no time outs

Instead of kneeling Riverdale runs the ball and fumbles, McCallie recovers.

Took about 6 or 7 plays and McCallie scores and hits the extra point. 27 to 27

After the kickoff, there was about 30 seconds left. Riverdale throws the ball twice, second pass was tipped and intercepted by McCallie. BJ Coleman throws it into the endzone, it was tipped 3 or 4 times and falls into the hands of a McCallie player. 33 to 27 McCallie wins. This was a crazy game! The stats were around 450 yards rushing for Riverdale. Congrats to McCallie on a big win for them and Chattanooga.

Just saw the film on Stump on Sports...

McCallie scored with 1:35 left to make it 20 to 27 Riverdale

McCallie onside kick was unsuccessful. McCallie had no time outs

Instead of kneeling Riverdale runs the ball and fumbles, McCallie recovers.

Took about 6 or 7 plays and McCallie scores and hits the extra point. 27 to 27

After the kickoff, there was about 30 seconds left. Riverdale throws the ball twice, second pass was tipped and intercepted by McCallie. BJ Coleman throws it into the endzone, it was tipped 3 or 4 times and falls into the hands of a McCallie player. 33 to 27 McCallie wins. This was a crazy game! The stats were around 450 yards rushing for Riverdale. Congrats to McCallie on a big win for them and Chattanooga.

I checked the stats on www.chattanoogan.com. I noticed that Riverdale had 0 yards passing. Those 450 they racked up on the ground are nice, but they had no balance. In the end, I think the teams were relatively close in total yardage. I think McCallie had about 433 yards of total offense.

I checked the stats on www.chattanoogan.com. I noticed that Riverdale had 0 yards passing. Those 450 they racked up on the ground are nice, but they had no balance. In the end, I think the teams were relatively close in total yardage. I think McCallie had about 433 yards of total offense.

McCallie had about 230ish with 3 minutes left in the game... before Riverdale fell apart...

McCallie won. The scoreboard doesn’t lie.

It’s better to blame the coach than any

player. Ron Aydelott can handle all the

second-guessing. He is a great football

coach. His record speaks for itself.

For all you people who want to say that

Rankin would never have lost the game,

talk to some people who saw the

Aloca – Maryville game. People are

saying that Quarles out-coached him

with three starters not playing. And

many question Rankin’s 4th and 1 decision.

I’ve never seen Rankin or Aydelott carry

the ball or throw a pass. Keep it in perspective.

Coaches are going to hear criticism. Anyone

who follows a successful coach is going to

be second-guessed every time he loses a game.

There is a lot of noise about this game. It was

a freaky ending. Riverdale will do fine this

season. Ron Aydelott is a winner, and he will

continue to compete at a championship level.

For all you super smart critics, keep your

shirt on and see where this season leads.

Welll you can't blame the new coach for changing everything I mean especially the way riverdale has struggled over the last 10 yrs or so :(

Who would have ever thought riverdale would be in a position of losing 2 of their last 3 games only beating siegel by 7 and something that I have heard for 10yrs

YOU HAVE TO BEAT RIVERDALE BECASUE THEY WILL NOT BEAT THEMSELVES

the truth is riverdale will be just fine but wow those decisions are almost youth league

Exactly....And contrary to Stans diatribe Alcoa fans should be proud. They have 1/4 the number of students as Maryville and loose by 3. Holding the mighty Rebs to 17 ain't a bad night for a school with 200 males students.

Ole Dad

Welll you can't blame the new coach for changing everything I mean especially the way riverdale has struggled over the last 10 yrs or so :(

Who would have ever thought riverdale would be in a position of losing 2 of their last 3 games only beating siegel by 7 and something that I have heard for 10yrs

YOU HAVE TO BEAT RIVERDALE BECASUE THEY WILL NOT BEAT THEMSELVES

the truth is riverdale will be just fine but wow those decisions are almost youth league