Riverdale @ McCallie

Wow, 82cat, you are a genius.

Please go share your insights with Jeff Fisher.

He needs your help with the Titans.

Welll you can't blame the new coach for changing everything I mean especially the way riverdale has struggled over the last 10 yrs or so :(

Who would have ever thought riverdale would be in a position of losing 2 of their last 3 games only beating siegel by 7 and something that I have heard for 10yrs

YOU HAVE TO BEAT RIVERDALE BECASUE THEY WILL NOT BEAT THEMSELVES

the truth is riverdale will be just fine but wow those decisions are almost youth league

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie won. The scoreboard doesn’t lie.

It’s better to blame the coach than any

player. Ron Aydelott can handle all the

second-guessing. He is a great football

coach. His record speaks for itself.

For all you people who want to say that

Rankin would never have lost the game,

talk to some people who saw the

Aloca – Maryville game. People are

saying that Quarles out-coached him

with three starters not playing. And

many question Rankin’s 4th and 1 decision.

I’ve never seen Rankin or Aydelott carry

the ball or throw a pass. Keep it in perspective.

Coaches are going to hear criticism. Anyone

who follows a successful coach is going to

be second-guessed every time he loses a game.

There is a lot of noise about this game. It was

a freaky ending. Riverdale will do fine this

season. Ron Aydelott is a winner, and he will

continue to compete at a championship level.

For all you super smart critics, keep your

shirt on and see where this season leads.

I wouldn't know Rankin or Aydelott from Adam's house cat but Riverdale lost because with 1:35 left, McCallie had no time outs and Riverdale ran the ball instead of taking a knee and letting the clock run. Who called that play, the quarterback or the coach? I'm not going to criticize an 18 year old's judgement if it was his call but if it was an experienced coach, you have to question it. It doesn't take a "super smart critic" to wonder what the ____ he was thinking. Some on the McCallie side were wondering if he was trying to run up the score. I think it's more charitable to write it off as brain fart. It happens to all of us in our day to day jobs but usually not in front of 4000 fans.

The Chop got stoped. Welcome to Chattanooga Football. Great game McCallie bring home the gold.

Ha.. they got dominated on the lines all game... they got out played for 3 and 3/4 quarters.. but I guess they got the W... but if you don't call it luck/choking by Riverdale just handing them the game your crazy... But I do have to give it up to BJ... he is the real deal.

If Riverdale doesn't choke it over to them twice then they don't get the opportunity to get those yards.

Remember, a high school football game lasts 48 minutes, not 45. You play the entire game. From what I hear, McCallie showed a lot of character. They never quit playing; drove down and scored to cut the lead to 7. Riverdale could've stopped them there and ended it. They could've stopped them after Riverdale fumbled it back to them; and they could've stopped them by "knock it down!" Riverdale should have a great season. I hear the fans and the kids are great and they showed a lot class. Good luck to both teams. It's still week 1.....

Remember, a high school football game lasts 48 minutes, not 45. You play the entire game. From what I hear, McCallie showed a lot of character. They never quit playing; drove down and scored to cut the lead to 7. Riverdale could've stopped them there and ended it. They could've stopped them after Riverdale fumbled it back to them; and they could've stopped them by "knock it down!" Riverdale should have a great season. I hear the fans and the kids are great and they showed a lot class. Good luck to both teams. It's still week 1.....

Don't get me wrong im not trying to take anything away from McCallie.. BJ is great... he could use some help from his WRs.... But I am just still disgusted on how they could blow that...

Don't get me wrong im not trying to take anything away from McCallie.. BJ is great... he could use some help from his WRs.... But I am just still disgusted on how they could blow that...

Props to McCallie. The stadium was great. Your fans were super. Riverdale looked much improved this week to me. They just didn't play the last five minutes of the game. It seemed to me the D quit about five minutes beore the game ended. Give credit to the Tornados who never quit.

I wonder if the time difference had anything to do with the fans or lack there of for the Warriors.

i'll address some of the comments on here a little later, but leave some comments for right now...

ben atakpu, jeremy mcclain, monty newsome and scott thomas were AMAZING on offense tonight...we were gettin yards at will. mcclain, newsome and thomas ran for 115+ each. oline is coming along BABY. the biggest question in the off season has been answered. speaking of oline, travis lilenthaw got him a nice little run too but the DNJ didnt credit him in their stats lol.

BJ Coleman and his oline are all the hype, these dudes can pass block all day and his delivery is so precise. he was 20-40 for 270 yards, 3TD and 1INT. his recievers arent on his level, while they were good there were plenty of precise passes dropped by them. we had several passes on the money to us to, but dropped the easy INTs. monty newsome got him one and man it was awesome. i didnt feel like mccallies run game was too good but looking at the stats they did better than i had thought

it had to feel GREAT to be a blue tornado tonight, i dont think i will experience another game like this one unfortunately we had to be on the losing end even though i think we had the better team and controlled the tempo of the game until the final 5 minutes. i went from doubtful (that they would pull the upset), to nervous, to shock, to dissapointment, to anger. its not fun, at all.

i really like the wing T and coach A, but he's gonna have to change some of his game plans and i feel like its only right if he comes out and takes the blame on himself for this one...too many questionable calls at the end and he was trying to make chad hunter (a short yardage back) work going right up the middle too much when we could never establish our run game up the middle, but everytime we ran to the sidelines we were just breaking out. i think he should have taken a timeout late in the 4th, simply just to get the boys hyped up, because they had already started hanging their heads before mccallie had even tied it back up.

and the loss cannot be blamed on one play, but on the hail mary pass at the end we had about 4 guys being selfish, bouncing the ball all in the air everywhere trying to up their personal stats on an irrelevant INT that would have just taken the game to overtime, had they actually intercepted it. somebody WHY WHY WHY did you not just bat it down?

i feel the same way i did after the siegel game, POSITIVE because the mistakes are layed out and we know exactly what we have to work on. hopefully this loss will make us check ourselves, and we'll know how to go about handling this type of game situation if it ever occurs again. these current players truley had never been put in that position before and they basically buckled under pressure.

coach A has to get like rankin in a sense, please stop leaving the starters in the entire game to simply maintain...go ALL OUT on them, stack the score up like you know we can do, then let the younger guys go in. we are risking getting guys injured (atakpu and mcclain both had pretty serious cramps in the 4th), just take the LIFE out of the other team and get them down by so much they lose any confidence they have and put the younger guys in, and its not like we arent capible of doing that. we were the better team for 43 minutes and just the better team period. i LOVE the stats we have put up in this offense and having atleast 5 backs that can get it done on any and every play, but some of the gameplan needs to be changed, not a shot at you just constructive critism, and the fact that we need to play like riverdale has been known for and not hillsboro.

hopefully someone has already broken down the whole part where we fell apart, because it makes me dissapointed thinking about how we let it go and i dont want to go into detail. i put a positive spin on everything though so like i stated earlier, hopefully this just prepares us for future situations and what not. rather take a L now than later.

hats off to mccallie, BJ Coleman is the truth and yall got a pretty good team down there with a really good program. i enjoyed finley alot and im glad the game was played there. a few stupid fans from mccallie but it was expected, nothing out of the normal, its like that with every team

DNJ article/stats:

http://preps.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section...7&story_id=

i dont care what anyone says about this game we dominated this game easily with the wingt we chew up alot of clock and dont score as many as we are used to and that kept them in the game that was the most horrible lose i have ever had in my life we deserve to be undefeated but selfish dbs let them get that last bit of luck but they won and its over it wasnt a region game it was just for bragging rights and i think we showed to ability to be a championship football team just a few bone head moves lost us the game they say its better to be lucky than good and thats what happeaned but cant do anything about it now