Riverdale @ McCallie

Yeah by a field goal against the 4A state Champs that has 3 X the students his new school has. His team was an underdog that exceled. I think Riverdale was favored in the game against the blue.

I wondered why he left. Now I know why he left the Warriors for a smaller program.

How will U Warrior fans fill if Rankin and the little 2A team beats McCallie?

Man if that happens U folks might hang someone on the Murfreesboro town Square. :(

:o right we should have won this game we dominated them through out the entire game but luck is luck and thats mccallie

Well, since Alcoa and McCallie have virtually the same enrollment in grades 9-12, I don't think anyone will feel bad at all. You brought this up on an earlier post. By your tone you seem to think that Alcoa is this poor little 2A school that gets beat up on.

:o i know who cares that they are a 2a school they are onw heck of a team a should win state

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa is a public school that competes with Maryville for kids. I don't this it is quite the same situation as McCallie but I bet Rankin will be happy to play them.

Ole Dad

Well, since Alcoa and McCallie have virtually the same enrollment in grades 9-12, I don't think anyone will feel bad at all. You brought this up on an earlier post. By your tone you seem to think that Alcoa is this poor little 2A school that gets beat up on.

Alcoa is a public school that competes with Maryville for kids. I don't this it is quite the same situation as McCallie but I bet Rankin will be happy to play them.

Ole Dad

I agree...I'm sure coach Rankin will be happy to play McCallie. My point was that technicallly, McCallie's upper school is really a 2A school, 3A at best, in terms of enrollment. McCallie has about 890 students in grades 6-12. If you just count the upper school (grades 9-12) they're not a big school at all.

I'm A Little Upset I Wanted Riverdale To Go Undefeated Until Week 7. Because There Is No Way The Warriors Can Stop Smyrna This Year. Revenge For Years Past And Now Riverdale Is Just Gonna Look Bad :thumb:

Oh Yeah And Can We Say Cocky...LOL. I Mean They Nealed...Morons!

You Can't Even Put All That Blame On The Coach The QB Should've Done Or Said Something Instead The Choking Sting Of A Loss ....Ouch That's Gotta Hurt.

Were you even alive the last time Smyrna beat Riverdale?

I agree...I'm sure coach Rankin will be happy to play McCallie. My point was that technicallly, McCallie's upper school is really a 2A school, 3A at best, in terms of enrollment. McCallie has about 890 students in grades 6-12. If you just count the upper school (grades 9-12) they're not a big school at all.

Correct, but remember you really need to double McCallie's enrollment since they're all boys.

Edited by BlueTiger

First off, Congratulations McCallie on the win! :thumb:

Second thing, is I do NOT hate anybody. I do not hide the fact that I didn't 'like' Coach Rankin. Our combined personalities did NOT mesh period. Not his fault, they just did not jell. Do I like his Coaching 'style'? No I do not! I think kids ought to be told when they do wrong, but quietly. One of the first things I learned at Officers School in the military is Praise in Public, but Criticize in Private. As a leader I took responsibility for EVERYTHING my troops did. I would NEVER tell them I was NOT going to ride with them because they lost something. You win together and you lose together in my book.

Does that make him wrong? Nope, but don't expect me to get on here and say it is OK if I disagree with it.

This season is too short to get our combined shorts in a wad over just one game.

Coach A, I don't understand not taking a knee, but it is NOT my place to second guess you over it. Coach A showed ALOT of class taking the ENTIRE responsibility for last nights loss in the paper today. For that you get a big :) from me as a fan.

SCN I understand your a young man who was part of a painful loss last night, but I can assure you luck had nothing to do with it. McCallie practices everyday stripping and recovering footballs. They practice everyday getting their hands up to tip passes then intercepting them at the highest point. They practice their 2 minute offense several times a week and yes they practice the hail mary at least once a week. I know Ive seen them do it several times. I call that being prepared for the oppotunities presented you. Riverdale played a fantastic game, but some poor decisions were made and McCallie was prepared to take advantage of them. Keep your head up and look to the future, I think your team has a bright one.

First off, Congratulations McCallie on the win! :huh:

Second thing, is I do NOT hate anybody. I do not hide the fact that I didn't 'like' Coach Rankin. Our combined personalities did NOT mesh period. Not his fault, they just did not jell. Do I like his Coaching 'style'? No I do not! I think kids ought to be told when they do wrong, but quietly. One of the first things I learned at Officers School in the military is Praise in Public, but Criticize in Private. As a leader I took responsibility for EVERYTHING my troops did. I would NEVER tell them I was NOT going to ride with them because they lost something. You win together and you lose together in my book.

Does that make him wrong? Nope, but don't expect me to get on here and say it is OK if I disagree with it.

This season is too short to get our combined shorts in a wad over just one game.

Coach A, I don't understand not taking a knee, but it is NOT my place to second guess you over it. Coach A showed ALOT of class taking the ENTIRE responsibility for last nights loss in the paper today. For that you get a big :) from me as a fan.

Yes, I was impressed that Coach A took the blame. Coach Rankin never did. By the way, Coach Rankin's team loss last night. Edited by wingman10

Ya but all of the students there are both athletes and males...

SCN I understand your a young man who was part of a painful loss last night, but I can assure you luck had nothing to do with it. McCallie practices everyday stripping and recovering footballs. They practice everyday getting their hands up to tip passes then intercepting them at the highest point. They practice their 2 minute offense several times a week and yes they practice the hail mary at least once a week. I know Ive seen them do it several times. I call that being prepared for the oppotunities presented you. Riverdale played a fantastic game, but some poor decisions were made and McCallie was prepared to take advantage of them. Keep your head up and look to the future, I think your team has a bright one.

yes they did good at the end and got some lucky breaks but we dominated the entire game