The Bishop's Cup

jp2fan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets see if father ryan can take it this year.

I can't wait but whoever wins it will be a great game. I have one request of all. I promise if JP wins I will be a gracious winner if Ryan fans promise to be gracious winners. Well I will be a gracious person anyway regardless; it is new resolution.

How does Ryan's line look? Some of the kids that I see are starting I remember from middle school. They didn't have quick feet then but you know things change in high school.

I can't wait but whoever wins it will be a great game. I have one request of all. I promise if JP wins I will be a gracious winner if Ryan fans promise to be gracious winners. Well I will be a gracious person anyway regardless; it is new resolution.

How does Ryan's line look? Some of the kids that I see are starting I remember from middle school. They didn't have quick feet then but you know things change in high school.

When was the last time you saw anyone from Ryan you would really call "quick"? That is one of the problems they have had in the past, they do not have any speed, but I might add against Ravenwood #3 was as fast and quick as I have seen in many years.

When was the last time you saw anyone from Ryan you would really call "quick"? That is one of the problems they have had in the past, they do not have any speed, but I might add against Ravenwood #3 was as fast and quick as I have seen in many years.

Honestly JP2 has speed. I think every receiver runs in the 4.5(+/- 0.1) range. All of them are on the track team. We have got some good speed at linebacker and some of the Oline run 5.0(+/- 0.1).

I thought that Ryan beat Ravenwood in the scrimmage Friday. I heard the "score" was 15-10 Ryan. True?

Father Ryan did win 15-10.

I was able to watch all 4 of Tates TD's in their week 0 game. On all of them it looked like the defense just kind of let him go and didnt really try to get any good hits on him. They just kinda let him run by. Father Ryans D im sure will make those TD's a little harder come Friday. Now sure Tate will have a couple of big playes no way around it.

Now on the other side of the ball. That 2 minute drill the Irish ran to win the Ravenwood scrimage was VERY impressive. If they can play like that for the whole game they will put themselves in a very good position to win. The one thing I notice, as well as everyone else in the stans, was how big of holes the O-Line was making. If they can make those wholes everyplay it will give those Ryan running backs a lot of room to run, and as they showed on Friday all they need is a little room to turn a big play. The Irish will also need to get the passing game more involved. They have a couple of good WR who can make plays when given the chance.

No doubt this will be a hard game for Father Ryan. JPII is a good team with a lot of talent. This years game will come down to who wants it more. Last year JPII wanted it more, all it took was a return from Tate in the 2nd half to take the life out of the Irish.

look forward to a GREAT game

GO IRISH

Im not so sure if it would be Wesley. Last year i saw him in the Father Ryan vs JPII JV game and he was not that impressive. So unless he has made a LARGE improvement in the offseason I would still say that his brother is more of a threat.

Little Tate was also a freshman last year and had about 4 touches on the ball in the Ryan game. Believe it or not Golden was not so "golden" his freshman year. In fact there were several games where he only played a very few snaps. There is only one 2007 senior who started both ways as a freshman and one who started on defense as a freshman and neither of them was Golden. Little Tate is going to be good. Even if this is not his breakout game...it IS coming.