The Bishop's Cup

jp2fan

I personally don't think you should put total faith in the rating systems (rivals, etc)

From time to time a top player slips by, and Bateman could be one. We'll find out on Friday.

Also hope it's a highscoring game, like 8 touchdowns. Splite'm up any way you want. Makes for a lot of highlight video.

Dean

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our o-line and d-line are very stout and strong. We return 3 on offense and 3 on defense. They are the same guys that pushed Ryan around last year. They are stronger and quicker. I think Dink is still on the lines for Ryan and Lawrence has been added as a senior starter. The battle will be in the trenches but watch out...we have more impact players than Golden....I see more balance from JP2 this week....

as jp2 reutrns only 3 o-line starters, ryan has returned their entire o-line from last year. they are very strong and agile. look for them to make some big holes for the irish running backs!

as jp2 reutrns only 3 o-line starters, ryan has returned their entire o-line from last year. they are very strong and agile. look for them to make some big holes for the irish running backs!

Correct me if I am wrong but Halliburton and Mix did not start on the o-line last year and Mix did not start last year at all. I didn't think Lawrence started on the o-line last year in our game (he could have become a starter after our game).

So really you only have 3 offensive linemen that started last year. Just like your o-line we have new starters that had plenty of experience in games last year they just didn't "start". I truly think we are very evenly matched in the trenches.

There are too many intangibles in this game to give either team a huge advantage to win....only time will tell.

GO JP2 KNIGHTS. ;)

Correct me if I am wrong but Halliburton and Mix did not start on the o-line last year and Mix did not start last year at all. I didn't think Lawrence started on the o-line last year in our game (he could have become a starter after our game).

So really you only have 3 offensive linemen that started last year. Just like your o-line we have new starters that had plenty of experience in games last year they just didn't "start". I truly think we are very evenly matched in the trenches.

There are too many intangibles in this game to give either team a huge advantage to win....only time will tell.

Mix and Halliburton are not starting on the o-line this year. Mix is a fullback and an Lb on defense. Lawrence started in the second game through the rest of the season last year. So therefore, they have returned their o-line from last year.

Edited by bigbigguy

"Mix and Halliburton are not starting on the o-line this year. Mix is a fullback and an Lb on defense. Lawrence started in the second game through the rest of the season last year. So therefore, they have returned their o-line from last year." bigbigguy

Can you tell me who the other starters are? Halliburton did not start last year on the o-line. Is he starting or is he not? If Mix is not a lineman then who is starting in the spot that I thought he would be starting? You are very secretive about a line that will make holes that "trucks can drive through". If they are that good then we should know who they are. Again you have 3 returning starters on the o-line...who are the other 2?

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Zoccola family as they go through this tremendously difficult time. Regardless of the outcome, this game will provide an outlet for three hours of competition after an extremely painful, grueling week for both communities, especially those of Father Ryan and Holy Rosary. I fully support the JPII program and hope they win, but if they do not, it will be less painful knowing that the Father Ryan community has something to be happy about and look forward to. Good Luck and God Bless

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Zoccola family as they go through this tremendously difficult time. Regardless of the outcome, this game will provide an outlet for three hours of competition after an extremely painful, grueling week for both communities, especially those of Father Ryan and Holy Rosary. I fully support the JPII program and hope they win, but if they do not, it will be less painful knowing that the Father Ryan community has something to be happy about and look forward to. Good Luck and God Bless

Also a sophmore at Father Ryan had her father pass away today. I don't know much about what happened to him, but it has been a rough week at Ryan. My prayers and thoughts are wiht both the families and the Ryan community.

"Mix and Halliburton are not starting on the o-line this year. Mix is a fullback and an Lb on defense. Lawrence started in the second game through the rest of the season last year. So therefore, they have returned their o-line from last year." bigbigguy

Can you tell me who the other starters are? Halliburton did not start last year on the o-line. Is he starting or is he not? If Mix is not a lineman then who is starting in the spot that I thought he would be starting? You are very secretive about a line that will make holes that "trucks can drive through". If they are that good then we should know who they are. Again you have 3 returning starters on the o-line...who are the other 2?

Lawrence will be starting along with Brooks Robinson, Jon Sochovka, John Brown, Tim Schmid, Davis Dempsy

Lawrence will be starting along with Brooks Robinson, Jon Sochovka, John Brown, Tim Schmid, Davis Dempsy

Is Dempsey still the center? Do you know if he is wrestling heavyweight this year?

Also a sophmore at Father Ryan had her father pass away today. I don't know much about what happened to him, but it has been a rough week at Ryan. My prayers and thoughts are wiht both the families and the Ryan community.

My prayers to her family as well. What is her name if I may ask?

i second that bigbigguy ther will be some head bussin, though ther wont be any of tater-tots takin plays off on backside on d-fence, we will keep him on his toes. and i second everyone when i say it will be a close one..good luck everyone... happy hunting