The Bishop's Cup

jp2fan

JPII just needs to make sure they refocus. Next couple of games are tough also and they can win a bunch of games if they don't get down and will use this as a springboard. Lot's of lessons to learn for both teams from tonight. Sounded like a very evenly played game.

Ole Dad

OD we have a much faster team than you guys but boy you ran to the ball well. I would have liked to see more misdirection plays and more Coffey and Wesley. Just poor adjustment to what the defense was doing.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPII just needs to make sure they refocus. Next couple of games are tough also and they can win a bunch of games if they don't get down and will use this as a springboard. Lot's of lessons to learn for both teams from tonight. Sounded like a very evenly played game.

Ole Dad

I also think there was alot of pressure on a relatively young Knight program to repeat. And Ryan had alot to play for, Zoccola. Sounds like I am making excuses but when you have seen the talent in action, all of it, you tend to ask 'why' and try to answer it. I am disappointed.

I think it is really great for the Ryan program to win tonight. The Irish have a really tough schedule ahead. McCallie beat a very good Riverdale team. And MUS is coming off an impressive victory last week. BA beat Ravenwood but it sounds like Ravenwood responded well to BAs game.

Ryan controlled the line of scrimmage from the opening drive. JP II definately had more speed than Ryan and possibly more "athletes" but in the end the Ryan offensive line and entire defense wore JP II down, to the point that the 4th quarter was dominated by the IRISH. I never would have thought that Goldens score early in the third quarter would have been thier last. Coach Lussier had our boys in better shape and it showed in the 4th quarter. Golden carried that team on his shoulders for as long as he could but finally wilted under the smothering Irish D in the final quarter. It was obvious that he wanted no more of #17 on those last two drives. You can't blame the kid for walking around and limping late in the game he has had that team on his back for two years. AB desirves his props for an outstanding game, he was the best player on the field tonight. Popes play calling on thier last 3 drives was so obvious, 1st down Golden in the I hand off or toss, 2nd down Golden in the tight slot, third down Golden split out wide, Ryan knew what was comming and gave them no chance. Credit to the Irish for not caving under adversity and hanging in there until the end. Great win for those kids, no one desirves it more.

okay :thumb:

What, no commentary? I've been reading your backhanded shots at Ryan and thier fans and getting into spats with high school students for a month and this is all that you can come up with in response to an accurate game summary. You are on here every day spouting off about your Knights and your disgrunteled X-Ryan fan views.

You' re an entertaining poster on this board, I would expect more of you.

What, no commentary? I've been reading your backhanded shots at Ryan and thier fans and getting into spats with high school students for a month and this is all that you can come up with in response to an accurate game summary. You are on here every day spouting off about your Knights and your disgrunteled X-Ryan fan views.

You' re an entertaining poster on this board, I would expect more of you.

How many times are you going to respond to me? At least learn how to use a message board before you start with all the smack.

You are totally ridiculous and why have you just recently joined Coacht, because now you have bragging rights? You could not be a contributing Ryan member before. YOU just read the posts. If you weren't willing to talk to me before the game why now? Whatever. You are a small minded person.

Ryan won and JP2 lost and AB has carried Ryan on his back for the last three years so you have no room to talk about Golden.

Ryan good game and good luck on the rest of the season. And to you Ryan Man I hope you are not representative of the Irish fans.

Edited by jp2fan

How many times are you going to respond to me? At least learn how to use a message board before you start with all the smack.

You are totally ridiculous and why have you just recently joined Coacht, because now you have bragging rights? You could not be a contributing Ryan member before. YOU just read the posts. If you weren't willing to talk to me before the game why now? Whatever. You are a small minded person.

Ryan won and JP2 lost and AB has carried Ryan on his back for the last three years so you have no room to talk about Golden.

Ryan good game and good luck on the rest of the season. And to you Ryan Man I hope you are not representative of the Irish fans.

Yea, but AB didn't give up in the fourth quarter.

Edited by Ryan Man

Yea, but AB didn't give up in the fourth quarter.

So now Golden gave up in the 4th quarter? Please make up your mind (and learn how to spell). The score was close and the stats were too. Defensively Coach Lussier had the Irish prepared and Coach Brothers did not respond appropriately. Mistakes made, Lessons learned.

Irish good luck with CBHS next week.

four quarters...what happens during those four quarters is all that matters. who cares which coach left what state championship contender, and who cares which schoo has offered some team's all-purpose back. if games were decided by scholarship offers and overall talent, white kids would quit. jpII had a chance to see what AAA is all about. wait until they play mus, mccallie, baylor, mba, and ba every single year.....that one player BS will end and they will have to dig into the depths of SUMNER freaking county to find their next BCS conference caliber player.....HAH go AAA what what