The Bishop's Cup

jp2fan

four quarters...what happens during those four quarters is all that matters. who cares which coach left what state championship contender, and who cares which schoo has offered some team's all-purpose back. if games were decided by scholarship offers and overall talent, white kids would quit. jpII had a chance to see what AAA is all about. wait until they play mus, mccallie, baylor, mba, and ba every single year.....that one player BS will end and they will have to dig into the depths of SUMNER freaking county to find their next BCS conference caliber player.....HAH go AAA what what

You are a GENIUS! :thumb::thumb::lol:

PS I believe that all of AAA is moving down next year....Einstein. :)

Edited by jp2fan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you and fan6 have to put us father ryan people down. we know we aren't smarter than golden tate, alright? just stop

After all of your scrutinizing of his academic record I don't think I would admit to that. But I guess you're right you aren't as intelligent as Golden. If you're right what does that say about Father Ryan? Hummmm :thumb:

You guys are worse winners than you are losers. It's like my momma always said,"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." Better watch how cocky you get because another team will knock you back down to size. :lol:

Ill try to get this back on topic:

GREAT game by both teams, what a way to start off the season. Golden stept up for JPII but there is only so much one guy can do. The D you could tell really prided themselves on shuting golden down and did that very well in the second half. I think I saw that Golden had like -13 rushing yards? They did a great job of containing the outside and making him cut it back inside where those big LB's cleaned up. That D though really got the team going and came up big when they needed them. The one thing that showed how much that team has improved over the past year was how when Golden broke his plays they didnt get down, they continued to pick eachother up and fight together.

On the other side of the ball now. Ryan Blair led that offense in a way we havent seen around here in a long time. Those big guys up front handled their blocks very well and opened up some big holes for the running backs. All of the Father Ryan running backs just pounded it out for nice gains every play to put together long drives, which was their problem last week.

The player of the game has to go to AB though. He played his heart out and gave everything he had. Very impressive game on both sides of the ball. 2 rushing TD's and some big tackles.

Next up for Father Ryan is Christian Brothers.

GO IRISH!

As an observer of Father Ryan Football for the past 36 years I must say I was truly entertained by by last night`s contest....Golden Tate is a special athlete...He dictated the way the game was played...Aaron Bateman is a playmaker on both sides of the ball..on the final drive it was apparent he was going to get the ball and still he couldn`t be stopped...After AB, my surprise player of the game for Ryan was little Ryan Berry at runningback...he gained almost 100 yards the hard way.

What an electric high school football atmosphere... the place was packed by 7:00 and another 1000 or so ringed the field.....This game needs to played at Vandy EVERY year to accomodate the overflow crowd......I enjoyed the pregame tailgater and talking to many nice JPII fans...It was a wonderful night for the Catholic Community

Tater Tot is the real deal. He will make a great college athlete as well. Ryan had a great game and will have many more in the future but the work is in progress so remember that when we loose our 1st game this year. Wins will come but so will loses for a little longer.

Ole Dad

16th in the nation...-13 yards in the second half

i need say nothing else the Irish are for real

First of all lets congraulate Ryan on the win .... Secondly ... lets not get on here and bash coaches or players ... I thought Ryan had a great gameplan ... Jp2 adjusted at halftime, but the turning point was when JP2 was up 21-17, after courtney coffey's lone run to the Irish 20-yard line, Jp2 got a couple of penealties and Golden was stopped for big loss, and the Knights came away with no points ..... Bateman played his taile all and eventually him the offensive line of Ryan wore down JP2 .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Way late on this post, but I do believe that I want to at least weight in so to speak lol. I wrestled NAIA competed against some of the best wrestler over all a crossed the divisions and felt great about my college wrestling experience. I think people make the mistake in believe that wrestling some how gets easier as a sport at the smaller college divisions it doesn't the training is mostly the same. I have that on good authority from a coach who was a D1 all-American. it's more the commitment level of the competitors that is different. There is talented wrestlers that can go D1 at any level in the smaller division. sub in Sammy Shires for one he would have done fine on a DI team. He chose a work life ratio that suited him. It's not about talent it's commitment are you going to make training and studying the sport the center of your world cause that's what it takes: NO MATTER HOW TALATENTED BEFORE HAND YOU ARE.  If so then D1 is for you and striving for success at that level is for you like Mr. Palmer said it's what your willing to put in. Now coaches if you have a successful wrestler who fits that bill then by all means D1 is a great option they will see some success no matter how small, but if they are not that committed along with being talented and a killer and you know it then your doing them wrong.  You don't have to tell athletes that you don't think they are D1 tell them to keep their options open to take all their visits to consider all the divisions regardless of their goals. college recruiting visits have you most times wrestle against their current wrestlers coaches and athletes  will find out real quick it's not easy no matter where you go. That way when they make their decision it's a sound one that's based on well rounded experiences.     BobCorker, and oceansize42 I believe what you are thinking is correct but for different reasons. TN wrestler's have the talent... it's a commitment level change. TN wrestlers aren't used to having to put themselves through the level of commitment required and kills them on the D1 level.    WrestlingGod, I agree you should push kids to pursue their dreams, but not at the cost of common sense period... we have to much of that going around this country already. Dreams can turn to poison when these wrestler are not educated on what it truly takes. In TN  a kid who understands wrestling to a high level can be successful with small amounts of hard work. They think their definition of hard work is enough for D1 that is the mistake not the "talent/understanding".  Over-all though we do not celebrate NAIA,D2,D3, or Juco success in this state like other states do. GA/AL celebrates all it's college wrestlers success a crossed the  board no matter the division. Why? because it's hard... I have gone to all the divisions National championships let me tell you to be a all-American at any is impressive especially D2 or NAIA. those guys can scrap and not one of those AA's are an easy match. all of them were state placers or champs multiple times in their high school careers. does that at all sound easy to place at? TN does not give those guys enough credit or shout outs period. it's an over sight because of this D1 or it's less than meaningless   mentality on this site and in this state. GA/AL is better then us on the highest stage because they send guys to D2,NAIA,D3 ect. they come back understanding the sport better then their pervious coaches, and give back and that cycles to athletes readiness to go D1 with clearer understanding of what it takes to be competitive day 1 freshman year.             My post isn't to support one way or the other but to just consider that both sides have merit and that both work when the system in TN. by system I mean coaches are the better educated on preparing athletes for each level they want and should pursue.        
    • If you think McKenzie could've beat Riverside I have a bridge you might like to buy. 
    • Hate to hear Ricky is heading to the old folk's home!
    • By recruiting, I mean members of a coaching staff are talking to, meeting with, giving tours, to students, and their guardians, that are not zoned for their school.    there’s no way that many non Bearden kids just showed up all at once without being recruited. It can’t be a coincidence that all those kids also went through the middle school all star game your boss puts on every year. 
    • Not sure how I would put it as recruiting perhaps kids trying to better their career by going to a head coach and coaching staff with connections all over college football that gets them the opportunity to go play college football and be coached by a coach with a pretty good track record.