The Bishop's Cup

jp2fan

It will be hard for Ryan to pull some of the athletes that BA and MBA and now Ensworth will be able to get. Ryan does not and cannot afford to give full scholarships. If they can do that they will be able to garner some quality athletes. So far JP2 has not been affected by this situation because we are in virgin territory. There is no other private school in Sumner County (Robertson or Wilson)that competes in D2AAA (now AA). We can get athletes that want to compete at that level but that may fall off after a while if we don't have more financial aid to offer those that need it.

I am sorry you are ignorant. Go Irish!

That is an extremely interesting post. From what I can observe, JPII is gaining an unfair advantage at this very moment. JPII charges over 2,000 dollars less a year in tuition to non-catholic students than Father Ryan, and then they charge Catholic students 600 dollars a year more. I wonder why that is? I also wonder if the JPII Catholic parents are not asking the same question. Perhaps the answer is they are doing everything they can to get students, but this should not stay this way, it should be no more expensive or less expensive for the two Catholic schools for Catholic students. Both schools are under the direction of the Catholic Diocese of Nashville, and built from Catholic contributions from thousands of Catholics.

You were speaking about full scholarships concerning Ryan, there is no such thing. Ryan gives financial aid based on a student's need. I assume JPII does the exact same thing. If you are talking about something other, please explain as many people would like to know. Financial aid is for all students, athletes or not, that need it. I for one hope that Father Ryan and JPII never lose sight that financial aid is mostly for education, not football or any other sport, nor is it to be denied to anyone just because they play sports. But it should never be abused in the sense of giving financial aid to someone solely because he is a sports star. Also, it won't be too long in the distant future before athletes in Sumner County have another choice about where they attend school. Davidson Academy has already purchased the land and is soon going to be a new school in Sumner County that has a fairly rich football tradition. They may build this school large enough to compete in Div II AA. So at best the future is uncertain, just like it is in most things. Finally, a great football game (Ryan-JPII) in a great atmosphere, JPII had better be ready for Goodpasture or they are going down again soon. One other thing JPII pink panther, quit lumping all Irish fans in one barrel over you and one or two Irish fans getting into a posting war. I certainly would not judge JPII overall on a few folks from there that I disagree with. Both schools are full of good people. Good luck to all.:ph34r:

Edited by fieldman

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jp2fan, where is the love? i show great sportsmanship, im just a little excited. unlike your golden boy, when our players score, they do not flick the opposing fans "the bird". now that isnt sportsmanlike, right? when we won, we gathered with our fellow comradses and prayed to our LORD and thanked him for being able to play this game we call football. i have not said one negative thing about your football team, i have just stated the facts. you said that golden tate wasnt the only player on the team, correct? you said that 4 to 6 guys could get division 1. tonight, i honestly would say that i saw 4 players that could go d-1. QB/BA #12, RB/LB #17, WR/CB #23, and OL/DL #66. congrats to the irish. and good luck JP2. you are going to need it once your future opponents get the tape of this game and learn the lesson taught by the IRISH of how to stop tarnished tate

Yeah you stopped him-- 161 total yards and three TD's

That is an extremely interesting post. From what I can observe, JPII is gaining an unfair advantage at this very moment. JPII charges over 2,000 dollars less a year in tuition to non-catholic students than Father Ryan, and then they charge Catholic students 600 dollars a year more. I wonder why that is? I also wonder if the JPII Catholic parents are not asking the same question. Perhaps the answer is they are doing everything they can to get students, but this should not stay this way, it should be no more expensive or less expensive for the two Catholic schools for Catholic students. Both schools are under the direction of the Catholic Diocese of Nashville, and built from Catholic contributions from thousands of Catholics.

You were speaking about full scholarships concerning Ryan, there is no such thing. Ryan gives financial aid based on a student's need. I assume JPII does the exact same thing. If you are talking about something other, please explain as many people would like to know. Financial aid is for all students, athletes or not, that need it. I for one hope that Father Ryan and JPII never lose sight that financial aid is mostly for education, not football or any other sport, nor is it to be denied to anyone just because they play sports. But it should never be abused in the sense of giving financial aid to someone solely because he is a sports star. Also, it won't be too long in the distant future before athletes in Sumner County have another choice about where they attend school. Davidson Academy has already purchased the land and is soon going to be a new school in Sumner County that has a fairly rich football tradition. They may build this school large enough to compete in Div II AA. So at best the future is uncertain, just like it is in most things. Finally, a great football game (Ryan-JPII) in a great atmosphere, JPII had better be ready for Goodpasture or they are going down again soon. One other thing JPII pink panther, quit lumping all Irish fans in one barrel over you and one or two Irish fans getting into a posting war. I certainly would not judge JPII overall on a few folks from there that I disagree with. Both schools are full of good people. Good luck to all.:thumb:

If this is true about the tuition being different the Father Ryan parents need to have a meeting with Bishop Choby to discuss things. It sounds like some people need to be made aware of the situation so that it can be fixed. Often times the people that can fix the problems are not aware of the problems.

If this is true about the tuition being different the Father Ryan parents need to have a meeting with Bishop Choby to discuss things. It sounds like some people need to be made aware of the situation so that it can be fixed. Often times the people that can fix the problems are not aware of the problems.

The tuition figures come from the private school publication that comes out every year and the info they receive comes directly from the schools. I stand corrected on the tuition fee for Catholic students, it is actually the same or very close to Father Ryan's, its the fee's that appear to be more expensive, $425 dollars for a total of 7,800 and change after fees for JPII. But the non Catholic fees are over 2,000 less for non-catholics than at Father Ryan. Since they charge so much less for the non-catholic student who makes up the difference. It is 8,900 and change for a JPII non-catholic student, at Ryan its 11,700 and change. Its the JPII parents that need to speak with the Bishop, they are the ones getting what appears to be a raw deal here, I am referring to the cost of non-catholic students not necessarily the athletic side of it. Who is bearing the cost of these non-catholic students.

Edited by fieldman

Change of subject:

Working on video highlights (JP2 provided footage, THANK-YOU VERY MUCH) and hope to have it up for your viewing by Tuesday Morning.

Almost got my wish, wanted 8 TDs, only got seven.

Good-luck to both teams

Dean Johnson

www.schoolsportsradio.com

PS

To Father Ryan fans,

Get me some video footage of your games and I'll get it up for your fans (not the last game, I got that covered)

Knight,

Yeah, he got stopped. 55 yards rushing and 3 long pass receptions. What happened in 2nd half? -13 yards...If he didn't get stopped why didn't he just score a couple more TD's and JPII would win the game? He got stopped! He's a great player, but he got stopped on that night by a determined team. Don't try and deminish the victory it only makes you look classless.

Ole Dad

Yeah you stopped him-- 161 total yards and three TD's