Independence

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IHS beat Page, a weak, young 3A team. Untill they beat someone worthwhile, don't start talking about championships. But still a win is a win, so good job IHS.

I'd have to disagree with you about the level of Page. In fact thats one of the main reasons I think Independence is so strong. I only was able to stay for the first half but I thought it was a very physical game and Independence was able to have their way despite a physical and speedy Page team.

Great 1st win of the season for IHS. I too saw the 1st half and it looked like Page had a bit of a depth problem. They might have been speedy but by the middle of the 2nd qtr. they were gassed. I believe that it was the combination of emotion and two 15 yard variety penalties on IHS that helped PHS score their 3 and almost put another one in before half. I don't know what Hillwood has in week 1 for the Eagles except for more athletes than Page. I do feel that IHS has a very legit shot at the playoffs if they continue the hard work and don't let success & the hype from this board get to their heads. By the way, the word on the street is that the game this Friday has been move from Hillwood to Bellevue Middle School due to facility problems at Hillwood. Good luck IHS.

Great 1st win of the season for IHS. I too saw the 1st half and it looked like Page had a bit of a depth problem. They might have been speedy but by the middle of the 2nd qtr. they were gassed. I believe that it was the combination of emotion and two 15 yard variety penalties on IHS that helped PHS score their 3 and almost put another one in before half. I don't know what Hillwood has in week 1 for the Eagles except for more athletes than Page. I do feel that IHS has a very legit shot at the playoffs if they continue the hard work and don't let success & the hype from this board get to their heads. By the way, the word on the street is that the game this Friday has been move from Hillwood to Bellevue Middle School due to facility problems at Hillwood. Good luck IHS.

The game has changed locations for this Friday night...Apparently, the Hillwood stadium has been condemened. The new location will be at Bellevue Middle School. Stands and space is limited. May need to bring chairs to view game. Also, NEW GAMETIME: 7:00 PM instead of 7:30 PM.

I'd have to disagree with you about the level of Page. In fact thats one of the main reasons I think Independence is so strong. I only was able to stay for the first half but I thought it was a very physical game and Independence was able to have their way despite a physical and speedy Page team.

I haven't seen Page play yet, so for all I know they might be a physical team, but they aren't exactly a good team. Now next year when they have some depth and experience, maybe, but for now no.

The game has changed locations for this Friday night...Apparently, the Hillwood stadium has been condemened. The new location will be at Bellevue Middle School. Stands and space is limited. May need to bring chairs to view game. Also, NEW GAMETIME: 7:00 PM instead of 7:30 PM.

The game time never changed. All Metro games start at 7:00.