D2 Changes for 2007-2009

jp2fan

Do not forget the addition of Nashville Christioan, David Lipscomb, Ezell Harding, Goodpasture, Not to mention those you listed. There are a total of 20+ private schools playing in DI. If they all move it would be a complete change in how things are done.

Remember it is not all about who recruits and who doesn't. Travel expenses would be covered because private schools bring a crowd to games and OPublic does not usually bring that big of a crowd.

Inner city public schools (Nashville & Memphis) do not have large crowds (2500+) at the football games unless it is for a championship. However, county schools draw well and have a huge following (more than private schools) if they are playing for state championships.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right... Webb will go to Chattanooga at least once a year and Nashville possibly twice. I thought Nashville Christian, David Lipscomb, Ezell Harding and Goodpasture were in the public school league. They won't be playing DII next year, will they?

No they won't. That was an "off the subject" discussion about all privates put into D2 in fall 2009. It is a theory only; there is no proof that will be done.

I think webb is staying down too.

There is not alot of information on the TSSAA website. I assumed they were staying in D2AA. An article in the Tennessean (BGA, Ensworth Move Up) said there would be 14 teams in D2AA. I know Harding Academy moved down so that leaves 14 for the combined classification including Webb.

Edited by hsfbfan

There is not alot of information on the TSSAA website. I assumed they were staying in D2AA. An article in the Tennessean (BGA, Ensworth Move Up) said there would be 14 teams in D2AA. I know Harding Academy moved down so that leaves 14 for the combined classification including Webb.

I guess it will be announced on Monday by the TSSAA. on who is moving up or down or OUT of DII.

I am sure something like that would happen. But I would thing BA would go West with MBA staying in the East

In that east/west scenario MBA and Ensworth would have to travel for all region games except the game that they play each other, whereas the teams in the east region could play 1/2 of their region games in middle tennessee. The more I think about it they may opt for 3 regions and require play against teams in the other 2 regions for playoff eligibility. Now if Knox Catholic and Notre Dame had stayed in D2 then there would be no question about 3 regions.