Riverdale Volleyball

StarsPres

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the great Middle hitter, Britton, as gone on to bigger and better things at Arkansas State. Can anyone offer some insight into what kind of a team Riverdale will field in this year's 7AAA race?

Just a little correction on Lauren Britton, she signed with Central Arkansas not Arkansas State.

I know that the great Middle hitter, Britton, as gone on to bigger and better things at Arkansas State. Can anyone offer some insight into what kind of a team Riverdale will field in this year's 7AAA race?

well starting players as of right now are seniors cacey click - outsider hitter, lizz willobey - middle, junior - maria jones outside hitter , sophmores - middle - alice obrien, maria freebis outside hitter and a freshman setter the team is pretty young but seeing the last match they lost to siegel the first 2 games pretty bad but the last game of the match they came together and played as a team if this continues they can do good things this season

well starting players as of right now are seniors cacey click - outsider hitter, lizz willobey - middle, junior - maria jones outside hitter , sophmores - middle - alice obrien, maria freebis outside hitter and a freshman setter the team is pretty young but seeing the last match they lost to siegel the first 2 games pretty bad but the last game of the match they came together and played as a team if this continues they can do good things this season

You are exactly right. Riverdale is young but has a lot of talent and we look forward to their improvement before the end of the season.

I'm eager to see how the Riverdale/Eagleville in-school match turns out. Being an in-school match should give Eagleville a good home court advantage.

Last year we had a hard time with Riverdale. Eagleville lost some good players (two scholarships to Cumberland), so both sides of the court has some new blood needing to be battle tested.

Edited by Dossman

I'm eager to see how the Riverdale/Eagleville in-school match turns out. being an in-school match should give Eagleville a good home court advantage.

Last year we had a hard time with Riverdale. Eagleville lost some good players (two scholarships to Cumberland), so both sides of the court has some new blood needing to be battle tested.

Appreciate your comments on the way Eagleville, not a large school, has developed their VB program. I believe it would be interesting for other smaller schools to understand how the school has developed their program. Were there any players with club background or by what means was the program developed?

Appreciate your comments on the way Eagleville, not a large school, has developed their VB program. I believe it would be interesting for other smaller schools to understand how the school has developed their program. Were there any players with club background or by what means was the program developed?

You know, I'm not really sure. Their success pre-dates my time with the school. I know that they have been competitive for over a decade. I think dedicated coaches that make the game fun are key. Also, @ Eagleville, kids are really encouraged to participate in all sports. I think the positive atmosphere is a great thing for today's young people. :o

Also, for the size of the community, there is very good fan participation for most sports. Volleyball still needs more participation from fans, but almost any school can say that.

There have been a few girls to play club ball, but it's not very heavy.

Coach Deanna (Lamb) Friese played @ Eagleville on one of the teams to play in the state tournament. She then played on scholarship @ Cumberland and has been involved with Eagleville volleyball ever since. She first coached middle school and is now the high school coach. Of course, the coaches before her laid a good foundation for a program. Coach De continues to develop the skills and teamwork to make the team a success.

In my interview with Riverdale Coach Jennifer Hignite before their match with Eagleville on 8-30-06, she stated that three players had left the team - Casey Click, Maria Jones, and Bridgette Keasler. She also stated that the team would be OK in spite of losing these players. Coach Hignite appeared to me in my first dealings with them this season to be a good coach. I'm sure she will regroup the team and press on to improve during the season.

Riverdale will be playing in the Page Classic on Friday, Sept. 1 and Sat. Sept 2.

On Friday, they will play Page and NCS and on Sat., they will play Smyrna, Culleoka, and Rossview in their 5 pool games. They will also play in either the Gold or Silver bracket - depending on their pool record.

Edited by PageMan

In my interview with Riverdale Coach Jennifer Hignite before their match with Eagleville on 8-30-06, she stated that three players had left the team - Casey Click, Maria Jones, and Bridgette Keasler. She also stated that the team would be OK in spite of losing these players. Coach Hignite appeared to me in my first dealings with them this season to be a good coach. I'm sure she will regroup the team and press on to improve during the season.

even though riverdale is not as good as they were last year, casey click was one of their key players. she was a strong outside and they will play different without her.

Thanks, siegelplayer 4. I noticed they were searching for the right combination of players against Eagleville. Coach Hignite used a different libero for each of the 3 games and was also trying different setters. It is difficult for a team when they lose their key OH, but maybe they will get things back on track this weekend at Page.

Riverdale will be playing in the Page Classic on Friday, Sept. 1 and Sat. Sept 2.

On Friday, they will play Page and NCS and on Sat., they will play Smyrna, Culleoka, and Rossview in their 5 pool games. They will also play in either the Gold or Silver bracket - depending on their pool record.

Coach Hingite is known as a very Good Coach and it is unfortunate that the three players had left the team. Circumstances really are not important. What is important is that Riverdale get back to being a force in 7AAA and an important part of the VB community in the BORO. That will happen. We certainly wish the players who left the best in whatever they do.