Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Fans who think they have to yell PASS, SWEEP or any other play the opponent is running thinking their players can hear them.

Parents who think this is an individual sport for their child and do not realize that all the guys are trying their best. The line is trying to block, the defense is trying to wrap-up a tackle. Parents do not need to critique other people's children from the stands.

Two really good ones right there.

I think it speaks volumes that the band and the obnoxious dad are tied for the top spot in this poll.

The band that continues to play even during plays (even though its supposed to be against the rules), and the cheerleaders yelling "SCORE" when their team's defense is on the field. Those are two other VERY annoying things.

Youth sports would be so much more fun if only those youngsters didn't have parents. :D

If this one ever happens...

Schools where the visitors side has 300 seats for 3000 traveling fans and the school won't let you sit on the home side even though the home team will have about 100 people show up

...two words for you: Lawyer up.

If this truly happens, someone please list me a list of schools (public ones preferably). I wouldn't mind retiring early. No school is going to tell me where to sit in a stadium paid for by tax-payer dollars.

Edited by rollredroll

i like the parents who think their child is 100x better than ne one else.....but the other that gets me is the parent who knows nothing about the game and then accuses a player of being the reason the team lost.... for instance i watched a game last season and i witnessd two parents talkin about the QB for their team bein the reason they lost.....it wasnt the fact their son didnt go all out all game or dropped 4 or 5 passes that could have made a difference......

i think there should be a class for parents before the season starts to inform them on how the game is played and that its a TEAM EFFORT.....cause some of these parents dont kno jack bout football except for what they watch occasionally on sat and sunday

If this one ever happens...

Schools where the visitors side has 300 seats for 3000 traveling fans and the school won't let you sit on the home side even though the home team will have about 100 people show up

...two words for you: Lawyer up.

If this truly happens, someone please list me a list of schools (public ones preferably). I wouldn't mind retiring early. No school is going to tell me where to sit in a stadium paid for by tax-payer dollars.

Actually........the only place I have ever heard of this happening is a private school, and it was a myth. The only time I was ever at a game there it was fine. If you really want to know, just PM me.

Sorry for not including the "coach in the stands" as an option. To be honest, in my experience, that has doubled with the overzealous father. I was trying to throw a few light hearted ones in there too.

• Upvote 1

Folks who continuously parade up and down in front of the folks sitting in the stands that are trying to watch and enjoy the game. I don't care how 'hot' someone thinks they are and I sure don't want to watch them talking on their cell phones.

Some of the older fans cannot climb higher in the bleachers so their view is almost continually blocked. Especially bad in Rutherford County where the stands don't have a walkway except in the bleachers themselves. This is really bad when folks think they need to stand and watch from right in front next to the rail.

People who do not shut up and be still for the national anthem.

Stadium where when you walk in you are on the top looking down instead of on the bottom looking up. If you do not have small kids and strollers you would not understand.

Schools like South Greene where you have to go through gravels to get to the field. Again, not good with strollers.

Visitor parking at Sullivan South.

People who do not know what a trash can is. You walk right past them on your way out. Grab your trash.

Homecoming.

You know what, I love football enough to make up for these.