Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Hey Sol where's the "all of the above" choice ? :)

Too funny :)

I'm hoping for a Del-esque thread we can look back on in two or three years and still laugh about. :huh:

The sad part is.....I didn't make up or dramatize any of the options I listed. As a matter of fact, I saw over half of them occur at the game I was at Friday night! :)

I must admit, I figured this would start an inadvertant war with the band kids though. Kinda disappointed no one has rallied to their cause yet.

I'm hoping for a Del-esque thread we can look back on in two or three years and still laugh about. :lol:

The sad part is.....I didn't make up or dramatize any of the options I listed. As a matter of fact, I saw over half of them occur at the game I was at Friday night! :huh:

I must admit, I figured this would start an inadvertant war with the band kids though. Kinda disappointed no one has rallied to their cause yet.

Well if your gonna catch up with ole Del we are gonna have to get this thing cranking cause we got about 13 more pages to go :lol::thumb:

As far as the band....It wouldn't take much to get me in a "Del-esque" rant about them :huh: ......

Ok...I'll be the one to stick up for the band. They're very dedicated and are at every game just like the football players and cheerleaders. Their job is also to get the crowd going. As far as playing during plays...it is against the rules and any band who does it is the exception to the rest. And in case you didn't notice their are almost as many Band Parents at football games as their are player parents. Everyone shows support for their school...just in different ways. So what's the problem. If your band isn't very good however, I feel for you. But you should still be supportive. PS- More band students will get scholarships to play in the band than athletes will get to play football in college. We should support the school and its students as a whole...not just the players on the field.

However, I agree with a lot of the other annoying factors listed. Just thought someone should take up for the bands.

• Upvote 1

I have three.

Whenever a team has a "Happy Hands" team. They stand right below the band and bounce to the music and wave their arms and look so happy you could kill them.

70's funk halftime shows. Stop please.

Stupid F'ing Farragut away games. Their announcers are on the loudspeaker the entire game cheering for their team. It's horrible, and it really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really should be illegal.

Honestly, it might be a part of the high school experience...even when I was in high school, but I get annoyed by the group of 15-16 year old girls who walk together below the stands wearing stuff they definitely don't need to be wearing...and do nothing while they are there...besides, walk around, getting in people's way (yet act like they have somewhere to go, haha).

Certain stadiums/fields annoy me with how their layout leads to hundreds of kids just walking around and making it hard to move around yourself when you need to. A little bit more organization could do a lot for some places.

Ok, I live in Missouri. But I lived in west Tennessee for most of my life. I am sure the following can be foun in tennessee. But i havent seen it until i went to a game in Perryville, Mo.

The home team has your typical style of bleachers. If need be, they are great for stomping on to create noise.

The Away fans are sitting on bleachers that are solid concrete. Not very noisy. It is great strategy, but very unfair and uncomfortable.

And i also agree that the home team side should SHUT UP when your boys have the ball. GET LOUD when the other team does.