Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I will list the things that are annoying to me or that just get on my nerves in no particuler order!

Band

Plays while the Home team is on offense!

(This has been going on for years! Someone in the Administration do something!)

Halftime shows!

Can only take the songs of The Beatles so many years in a row! :blink:

Children at Play

Running through the stands/concourse area and/or throwing a Football, water bottle or other!

Where are the parents?

The Fans

The ones and I have seen a lot that show no emotion what so ever!

When your teams defense has the oppenent on 3rd down or in 4th down situations and the players are trying to get the crowd up and on there feet and they still just set there! :blink:

The ones that clap hands but don't stand.

The ones who are there for conversation, visiting or everything but the ball game!

The ones who get mad and look at you funny when you a dozen more stand up and cheer or yell or say Go (team of choice) or Defense, Defense or Lets go O or D or Run (Player of choice) or nice hit! etc...

I forgot one!

Visiting teams fans on the field!

I can't stand when a visiting teams fans win or lose come marching onto the field, there kids start running around throwing footballs etc. Remember you may do this at your field but you are at someone else's home so to speak don't go barching in where you don't belong!

Edited by Sequatchie

All right, here's my problem with bands, actually several problems. It's stuff that really has risen during the last 10-12 years I believe.

1. Whether they admit it or not, a lot of the band members and their parents actually do believe that the people came to the game to see and listen to the band. Are they a nice fringe-benefit? Sometimes. If fans wanted to watch or hear the band, we'd go to the band competitions on Saturday. Yes, I realize there are a few exceptions to this rule, but band need to learn their place in the heirarchy of high school football.

2. Bands playing during the game. I would absolutely love a ref to throw a flag and call the 15 yarder on the band during a clutch time during the game. I would absolutely LOVE to see a head coach's reaction to this. Goes back to #1 I believe.

3. On road games when the band takes up 30-40% of the visitors seats. It's annoying. Take the pep band to play during the quarters and in-between plays.

4. Band members saying band camp is just as rough or rougher than summer two-a-days. Unless you have a bass drum straped to you, then I don't want to hear it. I will allow some leniency to to guys who carry around a 50 pound drum on them all day. If you play the flute or piccalo, don't tell me how hot it is, especially if you are a male.

5. Show me some creativity at halftime with the shows. Band people are supposed to be the left-brained creative people. Give me new shows outside the box.

6. Just because we live in Tennessee doesn't mean we want to hear Rocky Top as the schools fight song or after a big play. We don't think of ABC High School when we hear that song. Also, even though if it is catchy, the "Hey Georgia Bulldogs" song may end up with me sticking a tuba player in his tuba. For the reason we don't want to hear Rocky Top, the vice versa applies to that one.

7. When you are standing down on the fence, usually because the band has taken up all the room on the stands, and then right before the halftime show the entrie band comes down and stands right in front of you and blocks your view of the game.

There, seven reasons why I don't like the band and think they are pointless to a high school game. But to be fair, I do enjoy majorettes who use the flaming baton trick. Doesn't matter how many times I see it, I still think it is cool.

Edited by Solomon

Definitely the most annoying thing is people who complain about everything that happens at a high school game, but do half the annoying things themselves. From my experience the people who complain about the know it alls yelling stuff, are really know it alls themselves who are tired of other people yelling their stuff before they get a chance to. Or who figure out what is happening before they get a chance. And yeah, let's complain about the band playing even though it doesn't make a bit of difference to anyone playing. I have never seen a situation where a high school team couldn't run a play because of the noise level from the band. And lets also complain about the cheerleaders even though they are easy to ignore if you want to. And let's complain about mom's who don't care about what is going on on the field, but lets also complain about the ones who cheer to loudly. Lets just complain about everybody cause that really fun! I just love to go places where everybody complains. And whose brilliant idea was it for the fans to take a course before the season starts, who will teach us how to be good fans, you? I really liked the one about the fans who yell sweep or pass from the stands. The person complaining likely never played football, because if you did then you were taught to always yell those things even if you were on the sidelines. And yes if enough people yell it the players can react to it. Or maybe they should just be quiet and sit on their hands, or wait no someone will complain about that to, because their being too quiet or disinterested. And lets definitely just not allow kids at a football game at all, because a football game is no place for kids too have fun. We should not allow kids in until they 18 years old and perfectly behaved. Of course, then they will be adults, and everybody has already told us all the problems with adults at football games. Perhaps no one should be allowed at games at all. Of course if this happens then people will complain that they don't get to see the games, so maybe we should just cancel high school football games altogether. If we do that there will be nothing left to complain about and no one wants nothing to complain about. We all need to make ourselves feel better by slamming other people even if we are 10 times more annoying ourselves than what we are complaining about.

By the way my vote for most annoying thing is bagpipes!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Wah! Wah! Wah! just watch the game and quit worrying about what everyone else is doing

I will list the things that are annoying to me or that just get on my nerves in no particuler order!

Band

Plays while the Home team is on offense!

(This has been going on for years! Someone in the Administration do something!)

Halftime shows!

Can only take the songs of The Beatles so many years in a row! :o

Children at Play

Running through the stands/concourse area and/or throwing a Football, water bottle or other!

Where are the parents?

The Fans

The ones and I have seen a lot that show no emotion what so ever!

When your teams defense has the oppenent on 3rd down or in 4th down situations and the players are trying to get the crowd up and on there feet and they still just set there! :thumb:

The ones that clap hands but don't stand.

The ones who are there for conversation, visiting or everything but the ball game!

The ones who get mad and look at you funny when you a dozen more stand up and cheer or yell or say Go (team of choice) or Defense, Defense or Lets go O or D or Run (Player of choice) or nice hit! etc...

I forgot one!

Visiting teams fans on the field!

I can't stand when a visiting teams fans win or lose come marching onto the field, there kids start running around throwing footballs etc. Remember you may do this at your field but you are at someone else's home so to speak don't go barching in where you don't belong!

My guess is that you really like the band and want someone to stick up for them. I think no one cares about the band one way or the other. So let them do their thing and find something important to spend your time worrying about

All right, here's my problem with bands, actually several problems. It's stuff that really has risen during the last 10-12 years I believe.

1. Whether they admit it or not, a lot of the band members and their parents actually do believe that the people came to the game to see and listen to the band. Are they a nice fringe-benefit? Sometimes. If fans wanted to watch or hear the band, we'd go to the band competitions on Saturday. Yes, I realize there are a few exceptions to this rule, but band need to learn their place in the heirarchy of high school football.

2. Bands playing during the game. I would absolutely love a ref to throw a flag and call the 15 yarder on the band during a clutch time during the game. I would absolutely LOVE to see a head coach's reaction to this. Goes back to #1 I believe.

3. On road games when the band takes up 30-40% of the visitors seats. It's annoying. Take the pep band to play during the quarters and in-between plays.

4. Band members saying band camp is just as rough or rougher than summer two-a-days. Unless you have a bass drum straped to you, then I don't want to hear it. I will allow some leniency to to guys who carry around a 50 pound drum on them all day. If you play the flute or piccalo, don't tell me how hot it is, especially if you are a male.

5. Show me some creativity at halftime with the shows. Band people are supposed to be the left-brained creative people. Give me new shows outside the box.

6. Just because we live in Tennessee doesn't mean we want to hear Rocky Top as the schools fight song or after a big play. We don't think of ABC High School when we hear that song. Also, even though if it is catchy, the "Hey Georgia Bulldogs" song may end up with me sticking a tuba player in his tuba. For the reason we don't want to hear Rocky Top, the vice versa applies to that one.

7. When you are standing down on the fence, usually because the band has taken up all the room on the stands, and then right before the halftime show the entrie band comes down and stands right in front of you and blocks your view of the game.

There, seven reasons why I don't like the band and think they are pointless to a high school game. But to be fair, I do enjoy majorettes who use the flaming baton trick. Doesn't matter how many times I see it, I still think it is cool.

Yes, a worthwhile effort to complain about the high school girls under the stands. How would you even know they are under there?

Honestly, it might be a part of the high school experience...even when I was in high school, but I get annoyed by the group of 15-16 year old girls who walk together below the stands wearing stuff they definitely don't need to be wearing...and do nothing while they are there...besides, walk around, getting in people's way (yet act like they have somewhere to go, haha).

Certain stadiums/fields annoy me with how their layout leads to hundreds of kids just walking around and making it hard to move around yourself when you need to. A little bit more organization could do a lot for some places.

Definitely the most annoying thing is people who complain about everything that happens at a high school game, but do half the annoying things themselves. From my experience the people who complain about the know it alls yelling stuff, are really know it alls themselves who are tired of other people yelling their stuff before they get a chance to. Or who figure out what is happening before they get a chance. And yeah, let's complain about the band playing even though it doesn't make a bit of difference to anyone playing. I have never seen a situation where a high school team couldn't run a play because of the noise level from the band. And lets also complain about the cheerleaders even though they are easy to ignore if you want to. And let's complain about mom's who don't care about what is going on on the field, but lets also complain about the ones who cheer to loudly. Lets just complain about everybody cause that really fun! I just love to go places where everybody complains. And whose brilliant idea was it for the fans to take a course before the season starts, who will teach us how to be good fans, you? I really liked the one about the fans who yell sweep or pass from the stands. The person complaining likely never played football, because if you did then you were taught to always yell those things even if you were on the sidelines. And yes if enough people yell it the players can react to it. Or maybe they should just be quiet and sit on their hands, or wait no someone will complain about that to, because their being too quiet or disinterested. And lets definitely just not allow kids at a football game at all, because a football game is no place for kids too have fun. We should not allow kids in until they 18 years old and perfectly behaved. Of course, then they will be adults, and everybody has already told us all the problems with adults at football games. Perhaps no one should be allowed at games at all. Of course if this happens then people will complain that they don't get to see the games, so maybe we should just cancel high school football games altogether. If we do that there will be nothing left to complain about and no one wants nothing to complain about. We all need to make ourselves feel better by slamming other people even if we are 10 times more annoying ourselves than what we are complaining about.

By the way my vote for most annoying thing is bagpipes!!

Not quite over getting knocked off Friday night are you?

Let's have some parenting 101, when do you suggest is an appropriate time to give your children some freedom? At what age? in what circumstance? What makes you right. Just because children are left to play doesn't mean mom and dad aren't watching. Often times it's a good way for parents to give a little freedom in a relatively safe environment. Should we just allow are kids no freedoms and then turn them loose as adults? What do you propose?

Parents that has soon as they get in the gate they tell their small kids I will be here if you need me. and they use the game has a free baby sitter and their kids run around all night with their parents not knowing where their kids are. :thumb:

One thing that I can't understand is how the band at Warren Co. doesn't even have the same colors as the High school it might be diffrent this year since I have been busy not making it to a game but when you are red, white and royal blue why does the band have to have white blue and black uniforms??!! and when the parents of the band members leave after the halftime show really bothers me.

Pacifist Liberals who cheer at an uneccesary roughness call, or complain about coaches cursing or using tobacco!

Actually, coahces OUGHT to watch their mouths MORE as far as I'm concerned. If you must curse, take your hat off and cover your mouth...or better yet just don't curse. They are teaching kids more than a game, whether they realize it or not. They are also representing the school, their community, and their players. There have been SEVERAL great coaches who did not curse at players OR tolerate cursing BY their players. As far as the tobacco...same story. If it's on a coaches own personal time, then fine, whatever floats his boat, but they are representing more than themselves on that football field and should act accordingly. That's not a whole heck of a lot to ask...it's called sportsmanship.

Actually, coahces OUGHT to watch their mouths MORE as far as I'm concerned. If you must curse, take your hat off and cover your mouth...or better yet just don't curse. They are teaching kids more than a game, whether they realize it or not. They are also representing the school, their community, and their players. There have been SEVERAL great coaches who did not curse at players OR tolerate cursing BY their players. As far as the tobacco...same story. If it's on a coaches own personal time, then fine, whatever floats his boat, but they are representing more than themselves on that football field and should act accordingly. That's not a whole heck of a lot to ask...it's called sportsmanship.

And where in the world have you ever seen a liberal who was afraid to curse??? I think you got that backwards. Your liberals aren't singing in choirs the last I checked.