Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

The purpose of playing the game is ultimately to win. Everyone on the team, in the stands, and yes, even the cheerleaders and the band should do what they can to encourage their team so that winning is the outcome. If you are there for any other reason, maybe you need to rethink why you came.

And mustang man....if you think the players can hear you yell pass from the stands, then you must either have a megaphone for a mouth or your stands must be a lot closer to the field than ours are.

I think that all these things that are indeed annoying are the things that makes even going to a game interesting (for the fans, of course). It kinda builds an aura about the game; I mean, you never know, you always have to be on your guard. Your trying to watch a critical 3rd down conversion and at the same time, you got 80,000 5 year old kids screaming like sirens in front of you, you have the ex-head coach sitting right behind you, you seem to be sitting in the section designated for all of the players mothers, all the while, you get the priviledge of listening to an adolescent teenager who just started going into puberty blow into a french horn. All of these things to me make high school football an attractive entertainment venue. Oh, and the hot dogs are pretty good sometimes...and a hot cup of cocoa on those late November games are good too...but if your drinkin' hot cocoa in late November, chances are, you should have alot to be complaining about...

LONG LIVE THE HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE

Edited by Mannythemanager

Well thank god for the people like you, who "know enough about football" to realize it was their kids fault.

i like the parents who think their child is 100x better than ne one else.....but the other that gets me is the parent who knows nothing about the game and then accuses a player of being the reason the team lost.... for instance i watched a game last season and i witnessd two parents talkin about the QB for their team bein the reason they lost.....it wasnt the fact their son didnt go all out all game or dropped 4 or 5 passes that could have made a difference......

i think there should be a class for parents before the season starts to inform them on how the game is played and that its a TEAM EFFORT.....cause some of these parents dont kno jack bout football except for what they watch occasionally on sat and sunday

Quote: rollredroll @ Aug 26 2006 - 01:08 PM) *

No school is going to tell me where to sit in a stadium paid for by tax-payer dollars

But the police might.

Exactly! Go to Celina, Gordonsville, Copperhill or Greenback. The last 2 have interesting stadiums but they weren't designed for the visiting crowd. Celina may have a new place, haven't been there in 20 years. We took over 25% of the home side on one end in the state semifinals in 86. There is strength in numbers!!!

Edited by rlh

all the hating on the band makes me unhappy.... see we are there cause we have to be. most of us enjoy the games and have a blast in the stands, but its the last thing the directors want to do. the thing is, is that, at least at my school, the coaches like having us at games. they have told us it gives the game a better atmospohere and that it makes the ppl in the stands wake up a bit more. when we dont go to games we get crap from students, non-band parents, players, and cheerleaders. so apparently someone likes having us there. and just FYI i feel sorry for any of you that have to listen to rocky top as a pep tune. and for those tired of crappy shows i appoligize too... trust me our shows are alwyas very interesting and involved, not that you all care or anything.

ok im done ill go back to me band section of this board.

Edited by herefortheband

I have never actually met someone who thinks there child is so great that they talk about it at a football game. I think this is a myth and people just complain about it even if they've never encountered a real person who has ever acted this way.

Ok...the thing that gets on my nerves are the parents that think their child is just the second coming...ridiculous...

WHATS REALLY ANNOYING IS WHEN U GET A BAD SET OF STRIPES, AND THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO SPOT THE BALL, CANT SEE A HOLD, U KNOW STUFF OF THAT NATURE. AS FAR AS BANDS, WE DONT HAVE ONE ANYMORE, OURS stunk IN THE EARLY 90'S SO THEY STOPPED THE PROGRAM. CHEERLEADERS, THEY NEED TO JUST STAND THERE AND LOOK PRETTY, AND SHUT UP. AND AS FOR THE PASS, SWEEP THING, IM A D LINEMAN, AND I SURE DO APPRECIATE IT, AND IM SURE OURR LINEBAKCKERS DO TO. U JUST WOULDNT KNOW HOW HELPFUL THAT IS, UNLESS U HAVE BEEN IN THAT SITUATION BEFORE.