Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

The MOST annoying thing:

First of all, when you're the visiting team, and their away stands are really small, and your fans can't all fit on them.( This happened to us at JeffCo).

Also, when parents, who KNOW where the student section is, sit in it...Caused the West students to have to wrap around the field to watch the game, and we couldn't make any noice because we were so scattered. Adults have already had their 4 years of HS, why don't they let the students have their fun in the Student Section at games.

The band playing during plays is NOT the band students fault or the band parents. My son plays and he knows it should be a penalty but when the director doesn't care and says you either play when I tell you to or you will face the concequences, what is he supposed to do? So please before you put down the whole band remember these kids are only doing what their teacher is telling them. It would be like a player refusing to do what the coach says.

Yes, but this kid turned out better than most kids, especially with the parents he had to deal with :thumb:;);):(

I saw Smith County play once against Knox Fulton a couple of years ago in the playoffs. The hill and the whistle did nothing to stop the Falcons' fade patterns. I think the final score was 33-6 in favor of Knox Fulton.

Hmmm? :thumb: Must be a Fulton fan. ;) Well yes Fulton had a good year that year. They pretty much threw all over us in the second half. You made your point about your favorite school that happened 3 years ago, now back to the subject. :thumb:

I love the band during the game when they are up in the stands. They fire up the crowd and most of the players. I think they are a part of the tradition of high school and college football. That said , I can do without the halftime show , in particular the singing of the Alma Matre. It must be a requirement that the Alma Matre be as lame as possible. I love the band when they are off the field and in their seats. :thumb:

Glad someone's showing some support for all the hard work, sweat, and dedication we put in. :thumb:

Honoring folks at half time. Not so much the honoring as the PA system sounding like the drive through window employee at Krystal. I could swear the PA announcer is asking if "we want some fries with that". It could be a Congressional Medal of Honor winner or a serial killer for that matter but we'll never know.

Amazing.

I've always defended the players and their parents when people called them arrogant. I know how hard those athletes work. I know how dedicated the parents of the players are and how much time and energy it takes to get them to and from practice all those years.

I also know that when football season is over, the band continues at a frenzied pace as do the cheerleaders. Basketball season is their busiest time, actually.

It might be an interesting experience to put yourself in the shoes of other types of supportive parents.

Truly enlightening.

Band parent, teacher, and football fan