Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• 4 weeks later...

Band parents in general annoy me.

The band parent that called to the Chattanooga football radio show was hot under the collar tonight. The visiting team's band apparently didn't get to perform because of a field goal kicking contest at halftime and you could tell he was ready to fight over it.

The band parent that called to the Chattanooga football radio show was hot under the collar tonight. The visiting team's band apparently didn't get to perform because of a field goal kicking contest at halftime and you could tell he was ready to fight over it.

Bands that go to competitions (usually out of town, at a high $$ expense plus lots of time and effort to prepare) need halftimes as a way to see how ready they are - not just with the show itself, but often with getting the equipment on and off the field within a certain time frame - just at they would at a big competition.

If a high school wants to do a kicking competition as a fundraiser, no problem - maybe they should be in between quarters or before the game. If it wasn't a fundraiser, then there was no reason to have it at all. I'm as big of a football fan as anybody who ever posts on this site, but I agree with the band parent on this. Besides, the visiting band is traditionally supposed to go on first...that means the home band is the one that should have had to sit it out.

Fantastic.

I saw a former band parent post of Facebook today that she was my the band didn't make the broadcast of the maryville Alcoa game. Smh

Edited by Solomon

I'm not saying he didn't have a reason to be disappointed, but he was fighting mad over it, cursing. They have at least 10 games a season to play plus throughout the game in the bleachers. I've already been to one game this year where the hosts didn't have room set aide for the visiting band, that had to be pretty annoying to stand the entire game and play.

What beats that, any Friday of the year, is over-excited announcers flat out cheering for their team. Heard another one this past Friday.

Heck man we spent 3 and half hours on Thursday last week getting extra bleachers just for the Ooltewah band. We did not do it out of the goodness of our heart we where told to do so. Then on game night they showed up in a tractor trailer, parked the thing and took up God knows how much room. In the 3rd qt of the game started packing up the thing blocking most everyones view of the game. When they got to the tractor trailer some cars pulled in behind them about 10 feet tehy then made the anouncer say so and so car will be towed if its not moved. I went over there and they where throwing a fit, told me if I did not find out who's car it was and have it moved they would have it towed. I said well this an't your school, you have no right, besides you can't they said why/ I said how are you going to get a tow truck in here. They stared at me. Lets just say they got caught up in traffice just like every one else. Really a tractor trailer!

• 2 weeks later...

Bands that go to competitions (usually out of town, at a high $$ expense plus lots of time and effort to prepare) need halftimes as a way to see how ready they are - not just with the show itself, but often with getting the equipment on and off the field within a certain time frame - just at they would at a big competition.

If a high school wants to do a kicking competition as a fundraiser, no problem - maybe they should be in between quarters or before the game. If it wasn't a fundraiser, then there was no reason to have it at all. I'm as big of a football fan as anybody who ever posts on this site, but I agree with the band parent on this. Besides, the visiting band is traditionally supposed to go on first...that means the home band is the one that should have had to sit it out.

I second this!! Very good post.