Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• 2 months later...

Let's start at the beginning

1. Prayer and National Anthem...Let's show the proper respect, remove your hat, and be quiet.

2. Pay attention to the game...If you couldn't care less what happens on the field, other people do. If you want to have a gathering where you're the center of attention, throw a party.

3. Your support (admission fee,donations, fundraising, work on the facility, ect...) is much appreciated, but does not give you the right to input...let the coach decide who plays and what play to run...stop yelling at the coaches.

4. The other team's players are kids too...(BIG ONE) don't single out children to yell derogatory remarks or curse at, they're doing their best to beat your team...you should have expected that.

5. If you're not into the band, at least tolerate halftime...band kids work hard too, and it's their "15 minutes of fame".

6. On the other hand, being in the band doesn't make you a rockstar, and everyone at the game didn't pay to hear you play...pay attention to the game and play when appropriate (timeout & halftime only). Band Director, this means you.

7. Cheerleaders...refer to #6.

8. Last but not least...the coach is not a "jerk" if he doesn't acknowledge you personally before, during, or after the game...coaches' plates are full on game night, so let him decide when to be social...if you're as "tight" with him as you think, he'll get around to you in due time.

As a spectator: cheerleaders who are too dumb/lazy know alittle about the game. I don't expect them to get the subtle nuances of the game, but being able to tell the difference between offense and defense would be nice.

As a player: the band. Or more correctly, a BAD band. If a band can't play the national anthem, or even make it sound like the national anthem, just play a recording of Whitney over the loud speaker. Like there were times I was embarrassed by our band.

As an offical: Coaches who think they need to coach a yard or two out on the field and then get pissed off when you throw a sideline warning, and players who think the are Billy Bada$$ and get in an opposing players faces after every single freaking play. It's a game.. It's not personal, it's just business. (Kids these days don't ever get that reference)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up, but incase it hasn't been brought up, I will mention it. 

Fans that talk constantly bad about the referees. What makes it worse is when that fans team, is being blown out. I'm tired of it. Everybody knows the common game of football, but the fans are relying on the refs for those tricky rules, which there are some at the High School level. These refs aren't perfect, they will make mistakes and will continuously make them. However, the state is short of refs, don't know how but that's what I'm being told. Those guys have a day job, and go ref their game wherever they're assigned to ref. They do more than just show up and ref, and not do anything related to referring until their next game They do it for the love of the game, and we need to appreciate them!