Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I love the band during the game when they are up in the stands. They fire up the crowd and most of the players. I think they are a part of the tradition of high school and college football. That said , I can do without the halftime show , in particular the singing of the Alma Matre. It must be a requirement that the Alma Matre be as lame as possible. I love the band when they are off the field and in their seats. :lol:

I have a new one from tonite's game:

Parents, when you see your children in the endzone throwing a football DURING A GAME and a ball gets out on the playing field DURING A GAME that should be your first clue to get your kid off of the field!!!!!!!! And what was worse there was a rent-a-cop guarding the gate right next to where the kids were playing and he did nothing.

Football games are not an alternative to Friday nite babysitters for all of you that obviously think it is! :thumb:

Cowbells, cowbells, cowbells!!! Aren't these torture devices supposed to be banned by TSSAA at games anyway...or at least by the Geneva Convention? There is not one good reason to shake a cowbell at a ballgame, or in public...E-V-E-R! They are made for cows, little kid's tricycles on occasion, and for local villiage idiots to let townspeople know where they are in case they wander out too far from the town square at night. Someone might as well bring a chalk board and scratch on it after every play as far as I and many others are concerned. Oh, and "Air Horn Guy" can feel free to stay at home with "Captain Cowbell" before you guys make some guy fall over dead with a heart attack, or rutpture the eardrums of children in the stands surrounding you. It's inconsiderate and flat out retarded. Come on, Miss State fans do it...so it's obviously NOT cool.

Edited by John005

Well, tonight I counted 10 times that the bands played during the game. That's supposed to be 150 yards of penalities. I just want to see it called once.

I've about decided my beef is not with bands in general, but band directors......(and band parents).

I was at the Sycamore/Cheatham County game and the bands did it several times there too, but I wasn't counting it up. I agree, they have plenty of time to play during stoppages, timeouts, and the 15-20 minutes at halftime. Refs need to start flagging that stuff because it takes away from the game.

Edited by John005

By far, the most annoying thing that in Tennessee High School Football is Smith County's parking lot. It feels like your car is going to capsize any second. Also those annoying shakers you people use.

If you think that is bad you should be on the opposing team having to walk the hill to the locker room. :thumb: Before/Halftime/and the end of the game after we win. :thumb:

You guys are funny! M ine would be at Melrose games sometimes the band does not arrive until after kick off. Sometimes mid to end of the first quater. ONE NIGHT IT WAS STANDING ROOM ONLY AND THEY HAD NOT ARRIVED PAYING PEOPLE WERE IN THE SPOT WHERE THEY USUALLY SIT@ WHEN THEY WOULD NOT MOVE THEY WENT AND GOT THE POLICE AND QIET A FEW FANS WENT TO JAIL

The band playing during plays is NOT the band students fault or the band parents. My son plays and he knows it should be a penalty but when the director doesn't care and says you either play when I tell you to or you will face the concequences, what is he supposed to do? So please before you put down the whole band remember these kids are only doing what their teacher is telling them. It would be like a player refusing to do what the coach says.

The band playing during plays is NOT the band students fault or the band parents. My son plays and he knows it should be a penalty but when the director doesn't care and says you either play when I tell you to or you will face the concequences, what is he supposed to do? So please before you put down the whole band remember these kids are only doing what their teacher is telling them. It would be like a player refusing to do what the coach says.

Good point! The band director needs to know what's going on in the game.

If you think that is bad you should be on the opposing team having to walk the hill to the locker room. :lol: Before/Halftime/and the end of the game after we win. :lol:

I saw Smith County play once against Knox Fulton a couple of years ago in the playoffs. The hill and the whistle did nothing to stop the Falcons' fade patterns. I think the final score was 33-6 in favor of Knox Fulton.

Here are the lyrics to Rocky Top. How exactly do you relate to them?

Rocky Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 1967 by House of Bryant Publications

Wish that I was on ole rocky top,

Down in the tennessee hills.

Ain't no smoggy smoke on rocky top,

Ain't no telephone bills.

Once there was a girl on rocky top,

Half bear the other half cat.

Wild as a mink, sweet as soda pop,

I still dream about that.

Rocky top, you'll always be

Home sweet home to me.

Good ole rocky top,

Rocky top tennessee, rocky top tennessee.

Once two strangers climbed on rocky top,

Lookin' for a moonshine still.

Strangers ain't come back from rocky top,

Guess they never will.

Corn won't grow at all on rocky top,

Dirt's too rocky by far.

That's why all the folks on rocky top

Get their corn from a jar.

Home sweet home to me.

Good ole rocky top,

Now I've had years of cramped up city life,

Trapped like a duck in a pen.

Now all I know is it's a pity life

Can't be simple again.

Home sweet home to me.

Good ole rocky top,

Thank you! I was hoping I didn't have to post the lyrics on here. Someone is either really sarcastic or needs to brush up on their TN history. Secondly to the person who said they didn't relate to Rocky Top...you're in the minority buddy. Ask someone from another state what our state song is, and most likely they'll say Rocky Top. Case in point- name the state song of Alabama. Sweet Home Alabama is the first thing you think of...but it's not their actual state song - Alabama.