Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I think my new thread will be: Most annoying posters on CoachT. Everyone will get to complain about what other people write and how people can't spell. It will be very productive. Because once we all get done complaining about it, CoachT land will be perfect. I know, some of you are thinking why complain when we can just ignore the posters we don't like, but then that ruins it for so many people who have nothing better to do than complain.

I started this thread as a humorous thread. I've done nothing but tried to have fun with it throughout. Everything I mentioned up there is stuff that I have seen and laughed about with my friends since my freshman year of high school, about 15 years ago. I could honestly care less about most of it, except the loud dad and I don't care much for bands quite honestly. :thumb:

I'm sorry, I must have missed the great humor in putting down teen age kids who are doing their best and trying to fit in with a group of peers! Now that you explained that you were being funny it all makes perfect sense! Hey, later let's say you and I go throw rocks at elderly people for a little fun?

I started this thread as a humorous thread. I've done nothing but tried to have fun with it throughout. Everything I mentioned up there is stuff that I have seen and laughed about with my friends since my freshman year of high school, about 15 years ago. I could honestly care less about most of it, except the loud dad and I don't care much for bands quite honestly. :thumb:

One of the funniest things at football games is the officals who are VERY overweight with their pants pulled up under their arm pits. Nobody should have to look at that the entire game. :rolleyes:

But that's better than the very overweight ones that can't throw a flag because their hands are to busy holding their pants UP with one hand and grasping their chests with the other while they wheeze and try to catch their breath. Really there should be some kind of physical fitness test or something.... :D At some games I wonder if the ambulances are there for the players benefit or for the refs :lol:

I started this thread as a humorous thread. I've done nothing but tried to have fun with it throughout. Everything I mentioned up there is stuff that I have seen and laughed about with my friends since my freshman year of high school, about 15 years ago. I could honestly care less about most of it, except the loud dad and I don't care much for bands quite honestly. :D

no accounting for some folks' sense of humor or lack there-of :rolleyes: ...bet he wouldn't think Del's thread was funny either :lol: Keep up the good work Sol!

There are very few things I dislike about high school football...I LOVE IT!!!...

When our band starts down the hill...those drums beating...I get chills...

I used to hate Portland's train whistle...til we stole the idea...the men come out and put it up...and I admit that I do get a little teary-eyed...cause all I know is that not only do the parents support the kids...but an entire community is coming out to celebrate KIDS...

It doesn't matter if the band parents leave at half-time...leaves more room in the stands...see ya!...What matters is that they came out to celebrate the fact that their kid was performing...and not out stealing, doing drugs...etc...

What I do not like...what I loathe...is the parent...or any other fan...moaning and groaning about their kid's playing time...or that the coach did something to their kid...

I've told our coaches that if my kid does something wrong...take care of it...get that attention...and if it takes both of you rolling on the ground...the coach better come out on top...

If the coach knows there is someone out there that is better at the position than mine...you had better be playing him...cause I want the TEAM to win...Sure, I want to see mine do well...but it's not his game...it's the OWLS game...and I'm just thrilled that he's allowed the opportunity to be an OWL...

GO OWLS!!!

As a former cheerleading coach and wife of the head football coach, I soon learned that if the cheerleaders did not involve the crowd at a critical moment or the band played at the wrong time, I would hear about it that night. It wasn't long before the band director and I joined forces, with me signalling band chants and cheers from the stands at critical moments as my husband was calling plays from the sidelines. In 20 years of coaching, I was rarely able to depend on my squad to understand the necessity of using one word chants such as "De-fense, de-fense. de-fense etc." at a critical moment, rather then a long, involved cheer that the crowd cound not hear or understand because they were standing yelling De-fense!

Do I believe that cheerleaders, bands, concession stands, annoying announcers and little kids playing football with a crumbled coke cup add to the atmosphere of a football game - of course I do, and it wouldn't be the same without them. But with all that said, the reason for Friday night is THE GAME.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the great humor in putting down teen age kids who are doing their best and trying to fit in with a group of peers! Now that you explained that you were being funny it all makes perfect sense! Hey, later let's say you and I go throw rocks at elderly people for a little fun?

You know.....that's a great idea! Think about it.....

Halftime show, we round up all the people in the senior citizens center, tell them we're taking them to the game for free, and at halftime, line them up at one end of the field and tell them they've got to run 100 yards and dodge all the footballs from the fans! Charge $1 a ball for one of those little white footballs, give them to fans and let them throw them at them as they run down the field. First senior citizen down the field gets a hamburger and coke at the local after-game eatery after the game. All proceeds can go to furnish a new sound system so we no longer need the band.

I LIKE IT! :lol:

:rolleyes::D

I don't go to a football game to pay attention to or listen to a group of self-absorbed teenage girls. Sorry.

Unfortunately I was, but not just them. Much like with the cheerleaders, I don't go to the games to watch or listen to the band, but it'd be nice if they didnt' sound awful to the point where you do notice it. It wasn't just the LA band either, the only band that I was really impressed with was the Austin East band last year. That was good entertainment right there. I'm glad to hear the LA band had made improvements. I'm gonna try and make it out for the Catholic game, so I'll see/hear then.

If you do not want to hear the band or cheerleaders, take some earplugs. They are both as much a part of high school football as a scoreboard with burnt out light bulbs.