Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• 2 weeks later...

everybody that thinks the band is annoying you should reconsider. if there was no band at the football game it would be an atmospheric meltdown cause there would be no mood. when the home fans get down cause their losing. the only way to get them to cheer the up is to either gain some yards or listen to the band. cause if your team stinks but you still come to the game what do you come to see?????? now the band is freakin awsome.

Edit by Sol -

Please watch your language.

The Band??? :thumb:

If football teams cant get fired up for a game after working in the weight room all year long not to mention all the practices on their own then the band isnt going to help. The Cheerleaders are the ones who are supposed to get the fans into the game right? As for the band...no man worthy of any manhood would pay 5 bucks to listen to a bunch of kids tooting their horns and totally ignore the football game. People dont pay money to listen to the band. It's all about football. The band isnt part of the game. They just happen to be there and get in free.

• 1 month later...

i think that the poor band and poor crowd spirit. why bother coming 2 the game if u are not interested in football? take it somewhere else. its a shame that some of these bands hurt their teams instead of help them. they shld be there to pep the team and the crowd up not chit chat the entire game and by all means when the halftime show comes up if the crowd leaves or talks throughout it that should give u a clue that your band stinks.

• 2 weeks later...
How about Referee's that are 70 yrs. old, 40 pounds overweight, with no cartiledge in their knees that try to keep up with 16-18 yr. olds running sub 4.7 -40's. These guys make calls 20 yards behind the play and then act like they were right on top of it!

As a coach everytime you see the old ref with gray hair who can hardly stand up or on that drinks so much that it makes a 10 ft. smell around him. You start to wonder how good of a game you are going to have. When you ask who the flag was on they do not know all they saw as a kid falling and guessed it was a penalty. Age limit should be set on refs.

How about football teams that win the state championship that, instead of going to celebrate with their friends and family on THEIR sideline, rush over to the opposing sideline and rub it in by pointing at the helmets, giving the opposing student body the finger, and exclaiming that the other school can kiss their toe

Smyrna may have won a state title, but they have lost any and all respect that I ever had for them.

They played an unbelievably great game and then acted like a bunch of punks. Anyone else see this?

I watched the game film with a few coaches at SHS and I did not see anything of that nature come from the SHS football team. The kids rushed that way because that is where the hats and shirts were coming in at and they wanted them to put on. They were returning the taunting favor that was given to them by the RHS students druing the season on their own field. "If you can't take it don't give it. " Plus it is almost 3 months let it go.

If you can't let it go, why did you bring up the post from Blue Clues from December 4th?

The hats found the way afterwards because that is where the player went. The hats came from the Smyrna side of the field from a guy trying to catch up with the players after they skipped over to the Ravenwood cheerleaders. Make up all the excuses you want but it is a fact. I'm sure the Smyrna coaches didn't see because they were focus toward the middle of the field. If they are looking at the TV broadcast, it didn't show it. If you are looking at some other phone videos and pictures floating around, it does. I don't doubt what I seen live from the bleachers.

The Smyrna game at Smyrna was way overblown and dreamed up because Smyrna was embarrassed to get beat during their homecoming. The pictures and video from this game would make you laugh. It was a good strategy for the Smyrna coaches to turn this embarrassing loss on their home field into something mythical to get the team to respond. They took the "chip on the shoulder" all the way to the championship.

Does it matter what you or I say about this, No! What is done is done. Smyrna and Ravenwood goes their separate ways in what could have been an excellent out of Region rivalry. Is there a winner in this argument? No winner exists here because they won't be playing each other; therefore this is a dead subject for 2006 and 2007 season is the focus for both schools.

People, if you want to bicker about that still, keep it off my thread. This is good ol' fahioned kidding around.