Fayette Ware at McNairy Central

BlueNation07

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That saying just sticks with a person. I dont are if they are 0-9 when you play them, always "Beware of the Ware". Coach Thompson get a wealth of talent in FW, you just know they will be a different team.

I hate to see the bobcats go down, but i told you it was coming. Mcnairy just did not impress me against Adamsville the first game. I hope they fared ok as it comes to injuries.

Region 6-3A is getting VERY interesting, wouldn't you say? I made a comment earlier in another thread about coach Thompson's teams playing nasty, stingy defense. I noticed in the Thursday's or Friday's Commercial Appeal that FW was listed in the top 10 in team defense and in the top 10 in offense. Actually ... FW is listed in the top 5 in one of those categories, but I can't remember which ... but I think it is the defense. I actually thought McNairy would make it a better game then this. After I picked my jaw up off the floor when I saw the score ... I couldn't wait to see the stats. I posted them for you guys to see as well ... this defense is for real. The weapons on offense ... Wade Bonner, Nick Barbee, Dylon Hubbard, Kendall Williams. The FW QB hit 60% of his passes while the McNairy QB hit 25%. When coach Thompson was at Melrose and they CONTINUALLY went to the state in 3A ... their 'D' and 'O' were always listed in the top 10 in the Shelby-Metro' area. ALWAYS! Most of the times ... they were listed in the top 5 in both categories.

Here are the stats of the game:

REGION 6-3A

At McNairy Central

FAYETTE-WARE 42, MCNAIRY CENTRAL 0

Fayette-Ware 6 14 6 16 — 42

McNairy Central 0 0 0 0 — 0

F — Tommy Trotter 45 fumble recovery (kick failed)

F — Wade Bonner 70 punt return (run failed)

F — Nick Barbee 70 pass from Darius Washington (Wade Bonner run)

F — Wade Bonner 48 pass from Darius Washington (run failed)

F — Kendall Williams 23 run (Wade Bonner run)

F — Kendall Williams 10 run (Daylen Hubbard run)

F M

First downs 7 3

Net yards rushing 124 48

Net yards passing 121 37

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — Fayette-Ware, Daylen Hubbard 11-86, Kendall Williams 5-58.

PASSING — Fayette-Ware, Darius Washington 6-10-121-1. McNairy Central, Blake Browder 5-20-37-1.

RECEIVING — Fayette-Ware, Nick Barbee 1-50.

RECORDS — Fayette-Ware 3-0 (1-0, Region 6-3A), McNairy Central 1-1 (0-1, Region 6-3A).

I don't see them losing confidence either before the Jackson South Side game. I think by the time they get to that game, FW will be 5-0 and on a roll. McNairy was SUPPOSE to be a challenge. FW's next opponent is Memphis Westwood who, at the time that I am typing this is 0-3, and soon to be 0-4. The link below is to Westwood's schedule.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule.cfm?...amp;SeasonID=51

And the next opponent after that is Haywood, who is currently 1-2 with Covington and JCM as their next two opponents before they play FW. Haywood will more then likely be 1-4 when they face FW, and it won't be pretty. The link below is to Haywood's schedule.

Jackson Southside has 3 opponents before they play FW, one of them is JCM, which is the game before the FW game. JSS could be 5-0 or 4-1 when they face FW. THAT will be the game to see! JSS has been scorching their opponents as well. This is definately getting interesting. The link below is to JSS schedule.

Edited by kwc