Owls vs. Fighting Irish

VballDaddy78

In the match following OHS and Bradley Central, the Owls won 18-25, 25-13 and 25-22. I have to admit, in game 3, I thought we were only going to 15 and when ND finally got a 2 point separation at 18-16, I thought it was over. Fortunately we were going to 25!

This was a solid match with some great points throughout. Both teams had a handful of unforced errors in each game but they seemed to offset each other. There were several great digs on both sides. Ooltewah had an all-around team effort with Higdon setting up some nice kills by Cotter, Gatewood and Kelley. Also, the 2 seniors Robbs and Wulf did a nice job at the net with some nice kills and blocks. The team had strong defensive support by Smith and Peigen, who both came ready to play. Stavrum from ND pounded the ball as usual and Partridge had several big kills on the left side. As usual, Strozak's all over play was more than solid and Cowart did a nice job geting the hitters the ball. Looking forward to the rematch next Tuesday. Nice job girls :o

Also, here's a link to article: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_91778.asp

Edited by VballDaddy78

Nice match review Daddio, thanks.

Who's playing rt. side for Oowa?

Well as Gomer would say, Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! I'm glad my 'fine" writing skills were able to pull you out of "retirement". As for the right side, everybody is taking turns. It was a fun match, kind of wish it had been a best of 5 but if it had, we'd probably still be playing, considering we didn't get done until almost 9, the way it was.

I was happy after the win but am even happier now that you have posted :o

Edited by VballDaddy78