(1-2) Unicoi @ (1-1) Hampton

Congrats Hampton from the Jellico Blue Devils, wish we could have pulled ours out tonight but to many mental errors and a bad 2nd quarter cost us tonight!!!! Anyway, what were townsend's stats!!!!!

I think Adam had right around 200 yards, but he also had three long touchdowns called back, One time he was nearly to the endzone and they throwed the flag about forty yards down the field. It don't really matter ,all we wanted was a W. t ough luck devil backer, just keep on keeping on. How would Hampton macth up against Sunbrite.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi County played very well, until fumbling with just under a couple minutes remaining in the first half, which resulted in the seven-to-nothing score at halftime.

Mike Lunsford bombed the Blue Devils for the second time early in the third quarter.

And I got to see Adam Townsend play for the first time. He's quick and very strong with good balance. (And it's only my Opinion, but) I disagree with those who say he's "too Little," to carry the ball at the next level. There are many Bigger college runningbacks with less ability, speed and strength. He's college-ready.

I think Adam had right around 200 yards, but he also had three long touchdowns called back, One time he was nearly to the endzone and they throwed the flag about forty yards down the field. It don't really matter ,all we wanted was a W. t ough luck devil backer, just keep on keeping on. How would Hampton macth up against Sunbrite.

Sunbright is a good team but we had the chance to beat them we drove the ball 70 yards and scored on our first possession and made them go three and out their first drive then things went downhill a few blown assignments and a bad 2nd quarter cost us the game, if it had not been for that it wouldve been close!! But as for how sunbright would match up with you, they are big but noone to the degree of big 77!! I think that Hampton would win by a pretty good margin!!! BUt its how they and hampton plays on that night!!! Do you two teams meet this season!!!! Good luck against Unaka too!! Thats to bad for townsend but im just happy to know that he does that to other teams and not just us...lol!!!

And the Devils will keep on keepin on but hopefully to a higher level of play than has been played, yet!!!

Sunbright is a good team but we had the chance to beat them we drove the ball 70 yards and scored on our first possession and made them go three and out their first drive then things went downhill a few blown assignments and a bad 2nd quarter cost us the game, if it had not been for that it wouldve been close!! But as for how sunbright would match up with you, they are big but noone to the degree of big 77!! I think that Hampton would win by a pretty good margin!!! BUt its how they and hampton plays on that night!!! Do you two teams meet this season!!!! Good luck against Unaka too!! Thats to bad for townsend but im just happy to know that he does that to other teams and not just us...lol!!!

And the Devils will keep on keepin on but hopefully to a higher level of play than has been played, yet!!!

Thanks Backer, The only way we would play Sunbrite would be in the playoffs. Don't feel to bad about Adam, he dooes that to alot of people. Good luck the rest of the way.