Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

This is a great point. I think if Independence can handle the pressure of playing in a game of this magnitude, they can win. I think giving Smith, Eubanks, and Co two weeks to prepare is a dangerous proposition for the Rebels. This is no doubt the biggest challenge for the Cordell and the Eagles, but they can compete with Franklin, schematically and athletically. If they don't make mistakes, this could be a four quarter brawl. You have to take Franklin as the favorite, just on reputation and experience, but Independence can beat them, no doubt. I think the winner of this game wins the Region!!

First board I've been on with an entire page of intelligent, thoughtful comments without people 'slinging" all forms of "stuff". May be hard to prepare for Franklin's overall speed compared to other teams Indy has played but agree with your comment about Smith and Co. Wish I could be at this one but will be at the Region runner-up game.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't look for late hit's from Franklin - that's not their style. In fact I overheard a conversation that a comment was made to how clean the Father Ryan / Franklin battle was by both teams.

Don't get me wrong - I am sure both Franklin and Independence will bring the full load - but they will be clean hard shots, with no extra curicular activity needed.

Look for Franklin to hit Cordell several times even if it's a late hit. Those hit's will add up and take their toll late in the game.

Why would you post crap like that? Does that mean you don't think your Rebs can win unless they cheat. Coaches (the majority of them) don't condone that type of play. Play like that has a tendency of evening itself out. Kind of like a baseball beanball war. Hit hard and clean from whistle to whistle. That's the way the game is played. I'm sure the refs will be watching though.

Edited by tnsparty

I highly aree. The Raptors have been watching film on Independence and this player pops up everywhere. He is a primetime safety and in order for Franklin to run the score board, running the ball will be their only resort. Skilby Davis is in on almost every tackle - whether he makes them himself or helps out his fellow team mates. Skilby Davis is a tremendous player and a dangerous one at that. If Franklin can keep Davis out of they way, they have a big chance of pulling this one off; if not - they are in for a tough, hard-hitting game.

Good luck Rebels!

Just curious? Why are the raptors watching film on Independence? Do you not play Brentwood this week? You better not overlook the Bruins?

franklin better watch out for Independance saftey Skilby Davis. At 6'5, 215, the kid is a hoss. I have heard he has gotten multiple D-I offers from the likes of UT, Florida, and even Southern Cal. the rebel QBs will have to be aware of where Skilby is at all times if they wish to win this one. He is a player, and always brings his A game. In each of Indy's first three games, he has picked off at least one ball, and has led the team in tackles. The Rebels better be ready for Skilby Davis if they want to win. He is one of the best players in the state, and will have no trouble shutting down Todd Campbell.

I hope he is the leading tackler against FHS to.

with skilby starting for the eagles, brentwood is the least of their worries. they need to start now to try to find a chink in the armor.

I SERIOUSLY doubt Brian Rector is wasting time watching film on Independence when he's got enough problems worrying about beating Brentwood... if there is an Independence film in Ravenwood's possession, it's been watched in passing or just as a reference... Rector is the king of "one game at a time"... all he cares about is Brentwood... after that, it's Smyrna... after that its Columbia, then Centennial and THEN Independence... a lot changes in five weeks... Stopping the Indy of this week will be different than stopping the Indy of Week 8...

One point I will make is that it seems like a lot of Independence players are too worried about what is being said on Coacht. As great a site as this is, if you get caught up in what is being said, you'll lose concentration on what is going to happen on the field.

Also, it's good to see you posting on here sportsguy! I doubt I'll catch a football game this year, but I'm sure I'll see you at a basketball game or two. Hope all is well with the paper.

Not if what's being said is used as motivation.

It's the same as reading in the paper, "You aren't any good. You haven't beat anybody and you don't stand a chance."

I don't think that on 3rd and 3 in the 4th quarter, Independence players will be wondering about what to post on coachT when they get home.

But I think it's okay to soak up what's being said, contigent upon the fact that you're using it for motivational purposes.