greatest 1A team of all time

MrTSSAA

Boyd had 3 very good years in a row. 2002,2003, and 2004 teams were all very good. The '02 team had the great passing attack while the '03 and '04 teams had the ground attacks. I think the '03 team was probably the best not only becuase they won state, but there defense was very solid that year.

My best memory of those teams was in '04 when Boyd ran the 50 nasty on Coalfield. :lol:

Probably the best play I have seen in high school. Was surely a game-breaking play.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best play I have seen in high school. Was surely a game-breaking play.

I know that had to hurt Coalfield going into halftime. It was i think a td game before that score. Was a great play call. The first time they tried to run it was at Baylor, I think, and they messed.

Edited by reaction

I was just wondering who ya'll thought was the greatest team of all time... I realize this is strictly an opinionative topic but I was just curious of what everybody thought...I feel that the "02" Ezell Harding team would have to be at least in the top 5 of all time....they were straight loaded...aj blackburn....eric davis...shelby at the helm, i think....and many more. they won the state by like 40 points that year, throwing up all kid of numbers on the scoreboard....who do you think?????

I watched this team play Jo Byrns, and Jo Byrns only lost 21-14, and had a TD called back in the second quarter, and at the end of the game, one on a bogus call. Not trying to say Ezell wasnt good, but just saying i am proud of my Devils for playing such a talented squad like Ezell Harding so close. The funniest thing about the game was that, Jo Byrns held Eric Davis all night long, and the refs only called it like 2 times.

Out of all the 1A teams i have played they are the best, heres my top teams!

1. Ezell Harding 01

2. Trousdale 97

3. Trousdale 05

4. CPA 00

5. DCA 03

Edited by bigtuck4242

My best memory of those teams was in '04 when Boyd ran the 50 nasty on Coalfield. :rolleyes:

I was listening to the end of the South Pittsburg - Boyd game 2 weeks ago on my way home from Tyner. I heard Boyd was driving down by a few with very little time left, I was waiting on them to run that play again.....didnt happen though. :huh:

Edited by Tynerfan99

Hey Pride2909, doesn't the fact that Cloudland defeat the 02 team at Greenback mean that that team was better than yours? Not trying to bust your bubble, but if the team doesn't have the gold ball then its not highly likely that they are the best team ever. :rolleyes: Thats just my thought on that team, although I'm sure they were pretty good.

:huh: kaz