Week 4 White House at Macon Co

timbdp

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While there are a lot of crazy predictions, let's look at the reality.

Macon County has lost two straight games, but Friday's could be one of the most important games of the year. If they fall into an 0-2 hole in the region, it could be over. And here's why.

Macon County would have lost to Pearl-Cohn and White House, with games still left with:

Greenbrier (defending champ)

Station Camp (maybe the most improved team)

DeKalb County

Sycamore

That means at 0-2, they have to beat two of those teams to even have a shot, but more realistically, they might have to go 3-1 down the stretch against them to get in, if Pearl-Cohn and White House both end up as playoff teams.

Macon County beat a weaker Trousdale team and a decent Westmoreland team, but have been embarrassed the last two weeks. Someone mentioned they have the toughest schedule? Is that so...tell me how Macon County would fare against 5-A Beech and 4-A Portland to go with 3-A Page (who is down) and Kentucky traditional Franklin-Simpson? How does a weak Trousdale, Westmoreland and York even come close to compare to that?

Look at this thing logically. If White House wins, this is going to be a long year for the Tigers at 2-3 and looking from the bottom up.

Further, reading the preview at the White House site, the stats show that Macon likes to throw it. White House has not seen much through the air, but been successful against it.

And we played 4-A teams that chucked it all over the field and did just fine, for four years.

OK I agree with almost everything you say but I would like to point out a few things. Acording to Coach T (after week two) in AAA Macon had one of the toughest schedules in 3A. HIS POLL NOT MINE.

How can White House have not seen "much through the air" and still have "been successfull against it?" How can you be successfull against something you have seen little of??? Check out The Tennessean's leading midstate passer?

I think the tigers will come out and play a good game, and this will be closer than you might expect. I would not rule out a possible upset either. Not making that prediction, just saying it could happen.

Edited by 1buck2

OK I agree with almost everything you say but I would like to point out a few things. Acording to Coach T (after week two) in AAA Macon had one of the toughest schedules in 3A. HIS POLL NOT MINE.

How can White House have not seen "much through the air" and still have "been successfull against it?" How can you be successfull against something you have seen little of??? Check out The Tennessean's leading midstate passer?

I think the tigers will come out and play a good game, and this will be closer than you might expect. I would not rule out a possible upset either. Not making that prediction, just saying it could happen.

buckdude...I don't think anyone can accuse you of being a fair weather fan. :thumb:

oh..my bad.. corrected!!

and its good that you stand behind your team no matter what ..thats what makes a real true fan.. i stuck behind my team ..in good and bad times ..and eating crow ..its not that bad once you get used to it ..i ate crow for 20 games ..but i didnt give up on my team so i kinda understand ..and no one can dish it like they would like to on here..but people still get their jabs in ..i know i see it all the time ..not just here either... ok are facts straight ..now back to bashing your team ..hey what can i say ... if it aint fun i dont do it...

White House wins big!!! is this a crazy predictions? ..why no ma'am its pure logic!

A short poem.

When you look up at the score board and see that fat lady singing ..dont look for a pinch because you wont be dreaming the game will be over and yes its true ..1 team would have won and its sure wont be you.

Now Boski you gonna say your sorry if our guys here pull an upset Friday?? Just wondering. I know the odds are against them and I know it looks bad I know but still with a little faith and I got it I think they may turn things around.

Macon County currently has the 16th toughest schedule in 3-A. While that may be higher on the list than White House (which I still don't think is realistically accurate, because it's based on winning percentage and doesn't seem to account classification), I still wouldn't have been bragging about it like someone did earlier in the thread. Sixteen in one class is about the upper-middle of the road state wide. If you were top three, then that's a different story. You can't evaluate it based on week two. It's going to get more realistic each week of the seasons as wins and losses mount.

Now, let me address the passing situation. You can only evaluate White House based on what they have faced. They have a young secondary, just about all sophomores, so last year's stats don't matter. It's a small sample size, and that's the point. They have not faced a large passing attack yet, but what they have seen, they have been successful against.

It's my opinion that the veteran coaching staff schemes well against passing attacks, in 3-A past like the old Livingston Academy and Melrose squads, and in 4-A against Whites Creek, Hillwood, Shelbyville and Tullahoma. But let's look at this year alone.

According to the White House website, they have allowed only 12 of 27 passes to be completed and intercepted three of those 27. They have allowed just 124 yards passing and no touchdowns. They struggled in week one against a running quarterback from Page, but did MUCH better in week two against Franklin-Simpson's mobile quarterback and then even better in week three against Colton Williamson at Portland.

Macon County will put it in the air for sure Friday night, and we'll see how this young bunch of Blue Devils responds in the defensive backfield.

Macon County currently has the 16th toughest schedule in 3-A. While that may be higher on the list than White House (which I still don't think is realistically accurate, because it's based on winning percentage and doesn't seem to account classification), I still wouldn't have been bragging about it like someone did earlier in the thread. Sixteen in one class is about the upper-middle of the road state wide. If you were top three, then that's a different story. You can't evaluate it based on week two. It's going to get more realistic each week of the seasons as wins and losses mount.

Now, let me address the passing situation. You can only evaluate White House based on what they have faced. They have a young secondary, just about all sophomores, so last year's stats don't matter. It's a small sample size, and that's the point. They have not faced a large passing attack yet, but what they have seen, they have been successful against.

It's my opinion that the veteran coaching staff schemes well against passing attacks, in 3-A past like the old Livingston Academy and Melrose squads, and in 4-A against Whites Creek, Hillwood, Shelbyville and Tullahoma. But let's look at this year alone.

According to the White House website, they have allowed only 12 of 27 passes to be completed and intercepted three of those 27. They have allowed just 124 yards passing and no touchdowns. They struggled in week one against a running quarterback from Page, but did MUCH better in week two against Franklin-Simpson's mobile quarterback and then even better in week three against Colton Williamson at Portland.

Macon County will put it in the air for sure Friday night, and we'll see how this young bunch of Blue Devils responds in the defensive backfield.

Amen to that! :blink:

Now Boski you gonna say your sorry if our guys here pull an upset Friday?? Just wondering. I know the odds are against them and I know it looks bad I know but still with a little faith and I got it I think they may turn things around.

maybe a congrats! but sorry ..lol yeah right!!!

sorry angle ..im just to rude for that :blink: