JP2 v ECS

jp2fan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be tough for JP2 to get a win if their defense plays like it did against Goodpasture. Pope's defense tackled very poorly and at times it seemed they just gave up on the play. JP2's defense will have to make plays because it was shown again that one person can't win a football game.

I am going to pick ECS by two touchdowns. I just don't believe that JPII has worked out their defensive problems yet. ECS proved that they can play with anybody by beating last years Div II AAA state champion MUS. Granted MUS is probably not the team they were last year. When you give up over 500 hundred yards rushing in a football game, you have problems. :thumb:

I am going to pick ECS by two touchdowns. I just don't believe that JPII has worked out their defensive problems yet. ECS proved that they can play with anybody by beating last years Div II AAA state champion MUS. Granted MUS is probably not the team they were last year. When you give up over 500 hundred yards rushing in a football game, you have problems. :thumb:

True. True. But we still only lost by seven so there is something there. We have to turn a corner and play consistently on both sides of the ball. This is region play and I think JP2 will come back stronger this week. It is the pass we have to worry about this week more than the run. I hope our secondary is up to the challange.

As always, I pick JP2 by 3.

JP wins this one in a close game. They will shut down the ECS offense.

Ole Dad

True. True. But we still only lost by seven so there is something there. We have to turn a corner and play consistently on both sides of the ball. This is region play and I think JP2 will come back stronger this week. It is the pass we have to worry about this week more than the run. I hope our secondary is up to the challange.

As always, I pick JP2 by 3.

Currie must have had 231 yards passing against MUS. This site has good stats on ECS - http://preps.commercialappeal.com/football...s/18/2006-2007/

ECS is probably favored but I say JP2 stops the pass.

We'd better stop the pass. Look for some interesting things to happen in this game. 2 days away (technically 1 since this is my last post for the night) and I cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!

Go Knights! I say we win by 10.*

*That's todays prediction. I feel pretty confident today.