JP2 v ECS

jp2fan

We'd better stop the pass. Look for some interesting things to happen in this game. 2 days away (technically 1 since this is my last post for the night) and I cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!

Go Knights! I say we win by 10.*

*That's todays prediction. I feel pretty confident today.

JP2 needs to be consistent on defense and unless they are they lose this game narrowly just like Goodpasture.

Their coach should have these issues resolved and don't be surprised to see Golden in more on defense because of his speed. Passing will probably be the primary offensive plan; however, ECS's QB ran for 60+ yards against MUS as did another ECS player.

JP2 play consistent and you win, 21-17.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP2 needs to be consistent on defense and unless they are they lose this game narrowly just like Goodpasture.

Their coach should have these issues resolved and don't be surprised to see Golden in more on defense because of his speed. Passing will probably be the primary offensive plan; however, ECS's QB ran for 60+ yards against MUS as did another ECS player.

JP2 play consistent and you win, 21-17.

Wow someone who has actually watched JPII this year. Thanks for the post with some substance hsfbfan... Inconsistent is the word on this teams defense this year. The Offense has kept them in both of their losses. JPII has the Speed and strength to match up but I think the D-Coaching is lacking. Brothers is a great offensive coach. But the D-assistant coach (Brothers is also the Head D-coach) keeps yelling at his linemen to "Strike & Press" I guess to keep the O-line off the smaller JPII linebackers. But the 5-2 "Bandit" (Simular to the K-State D-fense) scheme JPII plays from what I recall is supposed to be a Attacking / Slanting D-fense that relies on the Line to disrupt the backfield If they continue to tie up their D-linemen ECS will win by a dozen. If they turn them loose and bring the linebackers, disrupt the pass and play the 5-2 as it was designed, I think JPII can pull out a close one. JPII 27-24

Thanks again for the good post. As you can tell I am Biased towards the Knights but love football talk with substance.

WHAT TIME IS IT!

Knightime

Wow someone who has actually watched JPII this year. Thanks for the post with some substance hsfbfan... Inconsistent is the word on this teams defense this year. The Offense has kept them in both of their losses. JPII has the Speed and strength to match up but I think the D-Coaching is lacking. Brothers is a great offensive coach. But the D-assistant coach (Brothers is also the Head D-coach) keeps yelling at his linemen to "Strike & Press" I guess to keep the O-line off the smaller JPII linebackers. But the 5-2 "Bandit" (Simular to the K-State D-fense) scheme JPII plays from what I recall is supposed to be a Attacking / Slanting D-fense that relies on the Line to disrupt the backfield If they continue to tie up their D-linemen ECS will win by a dozen. If they turn them loose and bring the linebackers, disrupt the pass and play the 5-2 as it was designed, I think JPII can pull out a close one. JPII 27-24

Thanks again for the good post. As you can tell I am Biased towards the Knights but love football talk with substance.

WHAT TIME IS IT!

Knightime

This is the biggest game in JP2 history....considering the move next year...the defense last friday night missed 2 assignments which gave GP two long runs...the defense is fixed in my opinion. The coaching staff is so good at JPII, I have to put my vote on JPII. If the kids will just do what they have been taught this week to prepare for this type offense, JP2 wins. The difference is as simple as the kids just listening in my opinion. JP2 is blessed with a brentwood academy coaching staff and you can not get much better than that.

DII

This is the biggest game in JP2 history....considering the move next year...the defense last friday night missed 2 assignments which gave GP two long runs...the defense is fixed in my opinion. The coaching staff is so good at JPII, I have to put my vote on JPII. If the kids will just do what they have been taught this week to prepare for this type offense, JP2 wins. The difference is as simple as the kids just listening in my opinion. JP2 is blessed with a brentwood academy coaching staff and you can not get much better than that.

DII

Let me start off by saying I think the coaching staff is as good as any if.....they stop reliving the glory of their BA days and coach JP2. JP2 can be as good as any team if they trust their players. Most of the players are there because they want to play football; they are coachable. There is as much talent on the JP2 team this year as any team I have seen.

COACHES: Coach for the present and future and quit comparing JP2 players to your past.

Knightime I believe that Shaver has taken over alot of the O-calls. Brothers needs to take over the defensive calles if he is dissatisfied with the results. With a strong defense this team is 4-0 right now.

Let me start off by saying I think the coaching staff is as good as any if.....they stop reliving the glory of their BA days and coach JP2. JP2 can be as good as any team if they trust their players. Most of the players are there because they want to play football; they are coachable. There is as much talent on the JP2 team this year as any team I have seen.

COACHES: Coach for the present and future and quit comparing JP2 players to your past.

Knightime I believe that Shaver has taken over alot of the O-calls. Brothers needs to take over the defensive calles if he is dissatisfied with the results. With a strong defense this team is 4-0 right now.

I know there were some d-line calls last week that resulted in the long plays for GP last week. There needs to be a well defined game plan (both offensively and defensively) and we need to stick to it. Last week Wesley was sick so he did not run as much as we needed him. If he is back healthy this week we need to run him liberally and set Golden and Josh up for some nice play action passes. ECS had alot of tipped passes against MUS, four of which ended up as interceptions. Cat needs to roll out more to give him an opportunity to make a play down the field. I have to give Cat credit he is really growing into a good QB (makes sound decisions and his stats are pretty good as well). This is region play but we don't need to play too conservatively. I believe that has been one of our shortcomings is that we play too conservatively and we have all of this explosive talent.

Knights will win tonight 28-24.

WHAT TIME IS IT!

Knightime

Too many if's. Your post appears intelligent, but your predictions aren't very accurate. Refer back to my earlier post on this game. Perhaps JPII's defense is doing all it can. Do I detect some rumbling concerning the coach. He was up for canonization last year. He still is a very good coach, but you do the best you can with what you have. What time is it? It's not Knight Time. :thumb: